Ibanez Roadster 1979 6 string guitar

Posted by Lew on Thu, 05/05/05 - 07:35:40.

I have bought this guitar on ebay but cant seem to find any write ups or reviews on the net. Can you help

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ibanez Roadster 1979 6 string guitar

I seem to have one. $40 at a refuse recycling store. Some probably assumed it was a cheap 90's RG type thing and treated it like a dog. Neck still good, but someone's poster painted it black, and flames that look to be done by a 5 year old. I'm gonna sand it down and see what's under there. Still has the Super Tap 6 PUPs in place, and all the original electronics.
I really like this guitar.
Someone in the know should drop in here and fill us in on this nice-ass guitar.

ibanez roadster

i have #796 from july 1980. i just pulled it out for a local talent show.
i was thinking of trading for a strat but it feels the same.

Ibanez Roadstar circa late 70's/early 80's

I bought one of these beauties 2nd hand in 1981 or1982...(cost me two week's wages back then...worth every penny!!)....best axe I ever owned...until some oxygen thief relieved me of it!

hey, I have an ibanez roadster 6 string aswell, from somewhere in that time, i think 1980, but i cant find any info either, if you could, can you send me a photo? just curious if there the same?
all i have heard about mine is that they apparently only made 2000 of them, but im not sure how true taht is

i have a 1979 roadster, haven't been able to find any information on it on the net, all i know is that it was no# 301 made in august 1979. i'll try and get photo up if anyone wants to see it

I bought a '79 Roadster back in '94 in a pawn shop. I have never seen another one until tonight on ebay. If they only made 2000 of them, it would certainly explain why no one has them. It's a sweet guitar.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-ROADSTAR_W0QQitemZ7330669698QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Roadsters you guys are talking about are the type RS 300 NT ( natural ) I've got one with serial number K805678, which indicates that it is from 5678th guitar of this type in the month November of the year 1980.

: Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/IBANEZ-ROADSTAR_W0QQitemZ7330669698QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've got a '79 Roadster that i picked up at pawn shop for $240 a couple years back. Definately seems like a pretty sweet guitar. Mine is identical to the one on ebay. I've had nothing but trouble trying to find info on this beast. Thats the first one i've seen. Again, if there were only 2000 made, i'm not surprised that they're hard to find info on.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.