re-ibanez 2671 randy scruggs

Advertisement
Posted by Chris Archer on Thu, 01/03/08 - 16:52:24.

Hi
I have for sale a Ibanez guitar which was purchased by myself in the 70s. It has no serial numbers or other markings.
Has anyone any idea of what it is now worth?
It cost £300 pounds when new.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1976 Ibanez Professional 2671 Randy Scruggs w/vine inlay

Hi folks,
I have a 1976 vintage Ibanez 2671 Professional "Randy Scruggs" model #2671 FOR SALE.
This is a rare find in extremely clean condition.
I'm the original owner and I bought it new in late 1976.
It's all original from the day I bought it except that I replaced the input jack recently.
It has the Super 70 pickups, and all electronics work and sound perfect. The neck is straight, it has good intonation, and it's very playable with easy action.

This guitar is in excellent condition, and was played very little over the years. It spent most of it's life in the original case. As far as condition, I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.
The only minor issues are that the gold plating on the hardware has faded with age, and there is some minor surface checking on the edge binding.

I've decided to let this one go now since I really only play acoustic anymore, and I'm thinning out my collection of instruments. I'd rather see this guitar in the hands of someone who will play it!
If anyone is interested, reply here and I'll send you pictures and more detailed information.
Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Hi What are you asking for

Hi

What are you asking for the Scruggs? Where are you located?

Thanks

Ibanez Scruggs

Hi,
I'm located in the Los Angeles area, and
I'm asking $3000 for the guitar.
I couldn't upload photos here, but if you are
interested I can email photos.
Thanks for your interest.
Happy New Years!

Re: re-ibanez 2671 randy scruggs

: Hi
: I have for sale a Ibanez guitar which was purchased by myself in the 70s. It has no serial numbers or other markings.
: Has anyone any idea of what it is now worth?
: It cost £300 pounds when new.

I have one too, even earlier than the Scruggs model, no pickguard, also no serial number. I was told it was a prototype at the time of purchase. I am the original owner, and changed parts out over the years: tail piece, tuner, pups (believe I still have the originals, have the covers for sure). Case is long gone. It has some wear and needs a refret. It was purchased from Ambassador Music (later AL&M, maybe Alpha today) on Tidewater Drive in Norfolk Va USA.

Curious about it's value.

Cheers, George

Hi,
i'm Pascal Germany-Berlin, do you still have your Scruggs?
Would like to it.
Thanks for answering.
Pascal

: Hi,
: i'm Pascal Germany-Berlin, do you still have your Scruggs?
: Would like to buy it.
: Thanks for answering.
: Pascal

: : Hi,
i have one of these for sale...
541 488 8627

: : i'm Pascal Germany-Berlin, do you still have your Scruggs?
: : Would like to buy it.
: : Thanks for answering.
: : Pascal
Hi Pascal

Sorry only just seen the post it.
The Ibanez has now been sold, we sold it in November.
It is now in Paris.
Very sorry not answering.
Chris

Still have it. Might sell it, have had interest from a guy in France also.

stratocat63 at sc dot rr dot coM

: : i'm Pascal Germany-Berlin, do you still have your Scruggs?
: : Would like to buy it.
: : Thanks for answering.
: : Pascal

:I have one of these as well. They are seriously hard to find and i would suggest you keep hold of this little jem. If you do sell don't let it go for less than £2000. But they play and sound so good i would urge you to keep it. Honestly you'll regret it later.

Take care

Dom

: :I have one of these as well. They are seriously hard to find and i would suggest you keep hold of this little jem. If you do sell don't let it go for less than £2000. But they play and sound so good i would urge you to keep it. Honestly you'll regret it later.

: Take care

: Dom

Thanks Dom for the advice.

Thanks again Chris

Re: re-ibanez 2671 randy scruggs for sale

: I have for sale a Ibanez guitar which was purchased by myself in the early 70s. We beleive it to be a Randy Scruggs 2671. It has no serial numbers or other markings.

How much do you want for it? I would probably be willing to buy it. I am in California, USA. Thanks.

Aaron
AH@Hqalloys.com

: : I have for sale a Ibanez guitar which was purchased by myself in the early 70s. We beleive it to be a Randy Scruggs 2671. It has no serial numbers or other markings.
: : Has anyone any idea of what it is now worth?
: : It cost £300 pounds when new.

: How much do you want for it? I would probably be willing to buy it. I am in California, USA. Thanks.

: Aaron
: AH@Hqalloys.com

:
: : Hi
: : : I have for sale a Ibanez guitar which was purchased by myself in the early 70s. We beleive it to be a Randy Scruggs 2671. It has no serial numbers or other markings.
: : : Has anyone any idea of what it is now worth?
: : : It cost £300 pounds when new.

Hi Aaron I have sent some pic's for you.

Best regards chris

: I have for sale a Ibanez guitar which was purchased by myself in the 70s. It has no serial numbers or other markings.
I now believe this to be a Randy Scruggs 2671 model

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.