Re: 1956 Gretsch 6120 gold plated tuners

Posted by warren bennett on Wed, 11/23/05 - 13:48:06.

: I am looking for Grover gold plated sta-tite open back tuners for a 1956 6120. Exact replicas of these tuners are not currently available and therefore tuners must come from a period guitar.

hi warren here...i do have the exact tuners you need i have gold ones 3 in a row from a 56 6120 and a set of not open back but the same buttons but with a closed back with diamond engravins on the back these are very rare...they were i believe prototype..i have a set on a 61 jet firebird prototype dble cut and a spare set...i cant really part with these but try looking on ebay under kay or harmony guitars they used the same tuners and you will pick up a set under or around 60 dollars...if you look under gretsch on ebay the same tuners will sost you 5 times...hope this helps warren ..a gretsch restorer collector player...good luck with your search...even if you get nickle ones you can plate gold straight on top...its not expensive

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.