taylor 422k

Posted by ken on Tue, 01/18/05 - 11:11:07.

I have a taylor 422k all koa, including top that I picked up new back around 95 or 96. I contacted taylor and all they could tell me was that less than 200 of this type were made. is there anyone here that can give more info and maybe what it might be worth.
thanks in advance ....ken

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: taylor 422k

I've seen them go for <$1000. They retailed for $1,198. You happen to have any pictures I could see? I've been searching for awhile for one of these, and just would like to see any picture of what they look like. Is it a pinless bridge or the pinned bridge?

Ever consider selling it? If so, I'd be very interested!!

Thanks!
Aaron Keefer
AaronJKeefer@cox.net

: I have a taylor 422k all koa, including top that I picked up new back around 95 or 96. I contacted taylor and all they could tell me was that less than 200 of this type were made. is there anyone here that can give more info and maybe what it might be worth.
: thanks in advance ....ken

Re: taylor 422k

I just traded a 1952 re-issue Telecaster for one of these. It had been on layaway at Guitar Center in Austin for a while and had just been put back out that day. I also have an 815ce that I bought new in 2004. My 422k has a fishman pickup, but no blender. It still sounds great plugged in or unplugged. The soundboard has quite a bit of flame on it for being a cheaper koa Taylor. It has a pinless bridge. Excellent guitar.

: I've seen them go for <$1000. They retailed for $1,198. You happen to have any pictures I could see? I've been searching for awhile for one of these, and just would like to see any picture of what they look like. Is it a pinless bridge or the pinned bridge?

: Ever consider selling it? If so, I'd be very interested!!

: Thanks!
: Aaron Keefer
: AaronJKeefer@cox.net

:
: : I have a taylor 422k all koa, including top that I picked up new back around 95 or 96. I contacted taylor and all they could tell me was that less than 200 of this type were made. is there anyone here that can give more info and maybe what it might be worth.
: : thanks in advance ....ken

I have one. Bought it new back in 96. Still love it!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.