GTX 22 Applause

Advertisement
Posted by Brian Christen on Thu, 07/05/01 - 03:28:41.

I have a GTX22 #541981 made by your company, I would like to know more about it. it has a floyd rose clamping system on it that came on it when I bought it. It also has a emg active pickup on it that also came with the guitar. (I think ) I bought the guitar in a pawn shop and I would like to know more about it. It's really strange because I have asked people in guitar stores and no one has ever heard of it. They didn't even know that Applause made solid body electric guitars so you are my last hope . please help me out

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: GTX 22 Applause

i have a gtx 51 applause bass thatn i would like to know about

GTX 22 Applause

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: GTX 22 Applause

Like most everyone else i have a GTX-22. I've looked all over for any info but i can't find any. Mine is black with a lightning type finish. Almost looked like a cracked kinda finfish with gold glitter filling in the cracks.

GTX22

I have the same exact guitar with the lightning pattern, glod glitter finish and all. Does yours have the Floyd Rose TRS-401 clamp on it too? I heard from my uncle who gave it to me that it was really old and could be worth a lot of money. When did you buy it? My uncle had no clue when he did so I was wondering if you knew at least how old this thing is.

as do i have a GTX-22, but mine is pink

i have a GTX22 proto-type... it was one of only 2 made by the company before going into mass production on the gtx22.

I just got a GTX-22 as well. Mine is black with lightning bolts on it. It's got two pickups: XK110 and XK120 as well as a Floyd Rose style locking system with a whammy bar. This is a fantastic sounding guitar! Here's a photo: http://www.libertydesignllc.com/music/GTX-22.jpg

Fitz

: I just got a GTX-22 as well. Mine is black with lightning bolts on it. It's got two pickups: XK110 and XK120 as well as a Floyd Rose style locking system with a whammy bar. This is a fantastic sounding guitar! Here's a photo: http://www.libertydesignllc.com/music/GTX-22.jpg

: Fitz
Do you still have the guitar, I had the same one and loved it, but sadly sold it to pay traffic tickets. I've been looking all over for it so if you can help me it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully you get this soon.

Kaman GTX 33 guitar

I read your note wishing to find another Kaman GTX guitar. I love these guitars and I have 5 of them. I pay a black Lightning bolt guitar, it has Ibanez Trem and Seymour Duncan upgrade pickups. I also have a crackle finish GTX 23 with same pickups and stays in tune unlike some 23's and plays great. I have a couple GTX 33s that are in need of refinishing. For sale I have a very nice near mint GTX 33 which is the upper end model I would sell if you are interested. It is original finish, kind of a magenta / jade, etc. swirl look and I have only seen a couple of this type color ever. It now has installed top of the line upgrade Seymour Duncan s pickups Pearly Gates, SSL-1 middle and Hot rails neck. Set up precision done too. I can sell it like it is or re-install factory original pickups for you but te upgrades sound so much better. Price would depend on which way you decided to go. Contact me if interested.

i have one and dont know anything about it

: Yes Jake, I do still have my gtx 22, That was my first guitar I owned . I now have eight guitars including a Ibanez Reb Beach Voyager, which I also got at a pawn shop. I really love pawn shops. They never have a clue what they are selling.

: : Yes Jake, I do still have my gtx 22, That was my first guitar I owned . I now have eight guitars including a Ibanez Reb Beach Voyager, which I also got at a pawn shop. I really love pawn shops. They never have a clue what they are selling.
But I still (seven years later !! ) can't find any info on my gtx 22. i have wrote the company,ect. nothing. I can see by looking at your postings ,you guys are having the same problem.

: : Yes Jake, I do still have my gtx 22, That was my first guitar I owned . I now have eight guitars including a Ibanez Reb Beach Voyager, which I also got at a pawn shop. I really love pawn shops. They never have a clue what they are selling.
But I still (seven years later !! ) can't find any info on my gtx 22. i have wrote the company,ect. nothing. I can see by looking at your postings ,you guys are having the same problem.

My son just bought a used GTX 22 with serial number 559613. Is there any information available about this guitar? What is it really worth?

Info on the Kaman GTX guitars

Here is what I learned about the Kaman GTX guitars; Please correct me if i am mistaken but i have done some research. These were made in the 80s in the hair band days and were excellent shredders. Ironically the bodies were I believe particle board composite and not solid wood but doesn't matter, they sound and play great. The entry level is the GTX 22 standard tremelo, then the GTX 23 locking Floyd lower end tremelo then the much better GTX 33 which had the better Floyd patent system and in my opinion played better and would hold tune better too. I love these guitars and I have 5 GTX guitars. I play a black Lightning bolt finish guitar, it has a different Ibanez Floyd Trem and Seymour Duncan upgrade pickups. I also have a red / blue crackle finish GTX 23 with same pickups and stays in tune unlike some 23's and plays great. I have a couple GTX 33s that are in need of refinishing. For sale I have a very nice near mint GTX 33 which is the upper end model. It is original finish, kind of a magenta / jade, etc. swirl look and I have only seen a couple of this type color ever. All three pickups were upgraded to Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bridge, SSL-1 middle and Hot rails neck. Push / pull coil taps for both humbuckers. Set up precision done. I can sell it like it is or re-install factory original pickups however the upgrades sound so much better. Price would depend on which way you decided to go. Contact me if interested.

I'm wondering if theres any websites or phone numbers on buying floyd rose single pieces, I just lost some piece and I need it badly. thanks.

Hi have this axe an am after 2 x XK110 covered single coil and bridge position is an XK120 high-output double-coil pickup.
Please mail me if you have any to sell also a wiring diagram would help. Thanks.

: My son just bought a used GTX 22 with serial number 559613. Is there any information available about this guitar? What is it really worth?

well i just bought 1 for 80$ bought i should have ben charged around150$or so that is an average price

I don't think so, I can't find info for my GTX23

Re: GTX 23

: I have a GTX22 #541981 made by your company, I would like to know more about it. it has a floyd rose clamping system on it that came on it when I bought it. It also has a emg active pickup on it that also came with the guitar. (I think ) I bought the guitar in a pawn shop and I would like to know more about it. It's really strange because I have asked people in guitar stores and no one has ever heard of it. They didn't even know that Applause made solid body electric guitars so you are my last hope . please help me out

: I also have a Kaman GTX Mine is a GTX 23 it's almost 12 years old. I can tell you that none of the GTX's came stock with the Floyd Rose Trem or Lock nor are the EMG Active Pickups original. They actually had fairly generic parts when the guitars came out. There is a music store in Woodward, Oklahoma, USA called Gardner Music 1-580-256-8482. They still had some in stock a few months ago and they may be able to give you a spec sheet on the GTX 22 and a replacement parts list. I hope this helps.:

I just bought a GTX23 and I was wondering if It actualy came stock with a crackel finish, cause mine has a black and red finish, I was also wondering if it had a set of Xk-110 pickups, I don't know what brand

Yeah I have that same guitar. I bought mine new and it came black with red speckles. The pickups were (2) xk-110 and (1) xk-120. It also came with lock nuts. Hope this helps,

Robb

: I just bought a GTX23 and I was wondering if It actualy came stock with a crackel finish, cause mine has a black and red finish, I was also wondering if it had a set of Xk-110 pickups, I don't know what brand

I was worndering if any one had a picture of a red and black finshed GTX 23?? If so can you sind it to me??

Have Black GTX FineTuning Tremelo Parts. I know someone needs them badly.

: I was worndering if any one had a picture of a red and black finshed GTX 23?? If so can you sind it to me??

I have a yellow and black one

Have Black GTX 23 Fine Tuning Tremelo Parts. I know someone needs them badly.

gtx 23

Yeah i need them hv gtx 23 from loan shop...one of the pickups is sunken in oneside the bottom one is tht way it suppose be

Denise

m,

i have this gtx23 what the heck is the truth:>>???
do they make this guitar still?

i also have a gtx 22 and got it at a pawn shop i jus want to know some more about it

Hi, i also have a gtx 22 and got it at a pawn shop, for $110. i just want to know some more about it. My guitar is candy apple red. Someone replaced the floyd rose with a generic strat whammy. They also altered the wiring. It still sounds okay, but at half its true potential. It is like a bird that got its wings cut so it could not fly very far. I wish I could get a wiring diagram, otherwise I'll have to find another one to compare notes with. They were quite a guitar in their day with lots of different tones similar to the late 80's early 90's Charvels. I suspect it may have an on board parametric equalizer built into one of the tone knobs. One tone knob is a push pull type.

: The XK-110 (single coil) and XK-210 (double coil) pickups were stock for the whole GTX line. It has been assumed by several guitar repair shops around where I live that the pickups were made in house by Kaman and only available for the GTX model guitars. I got an extra set of pickups in case I ever need them from a messed up guitar that was a theft recovery.

The crackel finish was also stock, but it was not the only finish available. They produced several wild designs. Zebra Stripes, VanHalen style stripes, all in varying colors. The series on each paint job was also very limited. The guitar I have is a custom setup, the neck is very slim and made of maple with no finish. My paint job is similar to yours except that it is red, blue, black and purple.

I just bought a Series 10 guitar. Series 10 were made by Bently. It has the body of a super strat/Ibanez SG series. This is my second Series 10. It is black with lime green racing stripes down the body. It has black XK-110 pick-ups in it. One humbucker and two single coils. This discussion caught my eye because I do not know if the guitar came like this or if someone before me put these custom pickups in it. Thanks

:I have a GTX 23 too. It has the black-red finish and the xk110 pickups. There are only few scratches on the body. One screw was replaced. it is now silver, instead of black... if have to replace it again. I need a new bridge also. But I don't know how to get spare parts...

it's a wonderfull thing...

if someone is interested in my guitar he can mail me. i need money and so it is possibly that i sell it at ebay...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.