could some one tell me about an skx - 100r amp?

Posted by guitarjamminjuice on Sat, 02/28/04 - 17:50:09.

i bought a skx 100r amp at a pawn shop cuz it sounded good for two twelves, cuz i only paid about 100 bucks for it. could some one please tell me if it is a good amp or not?i need to find out about it because no body here has ever heard of one.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: could some one tell me about an skx - 100r amp?

The skx100r is quite a rare beast from all accounts.Certainly in the UK where i come from i have only heard of one other ,and that was on a national fender forum(now defunct).So yes....seemingly rare.They date from around about 1990 and unusualy made in Taiwan but are actualy quite sturdy and well built.Nobody seems to have any knowledge as to the existance of Fender factories in Taiwan either....strange.I have used mine for about 3 1/2 years now and it has never let me down.It also has a very unique dual over-drive that can crunch effects up really nicely....although at the same time can be very aggressive.
Sounds like you got a real bargain there!!!!

Fender SKX100R

Stumbled across your post whilst looking for info on this amp. I just purchased one of these to use for an Alesis electronic drum kit we have. I only paid $75.00 usd and it seems like a great buy. It seems to have nice features and reverb.It is in great condition . I was wondering if anyone knew if this amp originally came with a footswitch. It has the plug-in for the footswitch on the face plate but, I purchased it from a subsequent owner and he had no idea.

I got my amp about 4 years ago for £90.00.Its never been gigged and is in brand new condition. They are as lod as you could want and as soft as you want. Great for Blues, rock or jazz..
I'll be selling mine as i'm getting a twin reverb.I jsut love the sound.However you can get the same sould using a Bodd FDR 1 stomp box

: The skx100r is quite a rare beast from all accounts.Certainly in the UK where i come from i have only heard of one other ,and that was on a national fender forum(now defunct).So yes....seemingly rare.They date from around about 1990 and unusualy made in Taiwan but are actualy quite sturdy and well built.Nobody seems to have any knowledge as to the existance of Fender factories in Taiwan either....strange.I have used mine for about 3 1/2 years now and it has never let me down.It also has a very unique dual over-drive that can crunch effects up really nicely....although at the same time can be very aggressive.
: Sounds like you got a real bargain there!!!!

Hello; Its nearly five years since this topic was posted. Now I have an interest in the Fender SK-X 100r. If anyone is still around and cares, I also found one in a pawn shop located in Anchorage, Alaska. I paid 320.00.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.