yamaha pickup wiring diagram

Advertisement
Posted by Dr Croubie on Thu, 04/22/04 - 00:16:56.

Just wondering if anyone here knows anything about yamaha pickups. My old bass (pearl rip-off of a fender jazz) hummed way to much, and eventually i got Yamaha 5 string P and J pickups to replace the old unshielded paperweights.
Problem is, i can't seem to get them to work. The old ones were simple 2 wire PUs, the new ones have common shielded red&white wires, and a blue, giving 4 wires. the shield is connected only to the PU case shield, and i've measured 100kohm red-white, 300kohm blue-white, and 400kohm blue-red (all at DC).
I've tried just about every combination of wiring, differential pre-amps, using one as a centre tap of the other 2, contacting yamaha (thanks for the reply, 2 months and nothing...). I can't think of much else, i know the pickups work, just not in my bass...
I'm a 4th year elec eng student, i've built myself amps, speakers, effects, etc (in short, i'm not an idiot), but this escapes me.
any help will be greatly appreciated
richard

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: yamaha pickup wiring diagram

yamaha pickup wiring diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: yamaha pickup wiring diagram

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.