Ibanez 620 accoustic..sunburst

Advertisement
Posted by david gulliver on Mon, 11/24/03 - 15:38:41.
In Reply to Chris B's Music

Hello, i have a sunburst accoustic model #620. there are no letters before or after the number.I know it dates back to 70s if not earlier.It was a gift from alate neighbour, and having looked on virtually every website i still cant find one listed. Some people say it could be 'hummingbird or dove'.Please can someone help me to find out more on this guitar...many thanks dave.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ibanez 620 accoustic..sunburst

I have a 620 and same problem you have experienced but looking on Ibanez collectors world, it appears that the 620 dates from before the 1973-75 lawsuit and is a copy of the Gibson hummingbird the colour is cherry sunburst...mine also has a plate above the neck with RS 42216 on it still searching for what this indicates.

: I have a 620 and same problem you have experienced but looking on Ibanez collectors world, it appears that the 620 dates from before the 1973-75 lawsuit and is a copy of the Gibson hummingbird the colour is cherry sunburst...mine also has a plate above the neck with RS 42216 on it still searching for what this indicates.
i have the same guitar--does that mean its fake?

: : I have a 620 and same problem you have experienced but looking on Ibanez collectors world, it appears that the 620 dates from before the 1973-75 lawsuit and is a copy of the Gibson hummingbird the colour is cherry sunburst...mine also has a plate above the neck with RS 42216 on it still searching for what this indicates

: i have the same guitar--does that mean its fake?

So i found mine in a closet at a rental house....abandoned with a bad bridge..Repaired it and now I am having a tough tim looking up a year it was made.... mine has RS 42216 model 620 in cherry sunburst. i am thinking it was made about 72-73 from the information i have seen....what did you come up with? And what are they worth. I love mine and wont give it up...but i would like to insure it under homeowners.

Thank you
Marc Caporicci

can you email me with some info on 620. i dont know about pre 74 by laws. email at lc290571@aol.com

: Hello, i have a sunburst accoustic model #620. there are no letters before or after the number.I know it dates back to 70s if not earlier.It was a gift from alate neighbour, and having looked on virtually every website i still cant find one listed. Some people say it could be 'hummingbird or dove'.Please can someone help me to find out more on this guitar...many thanks dave.

: : Hello, i have a sunburst accoustic#620. there are no letters before or after the number.I know it dates back to 70s if not earlier.It was a gift from alate neighbour, and having looked on virt

I BOUGHT MY ONE NEW IN LONDON IN 1972

: : : Hello, i have a sunburst accoustic#620. there are no letters before or after the number.I know it dates back to 70s if not earlier.It was a gift from alate neighbour, and having looked on virt

:
: I BOUGHT MY ONE NEW IN LONDON IN 1972

I also have a 620Left handed version I have had it for thirty four years it says model no. 620L inside

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.