Need Kahler Spyder tremolo parts

Posted by Loren Trujillo on Wed, 06/26/02 - 20:00:33.

I have a 1989 Fender Strat, with a Kahler Spyder tremolo. I need the little hex head screws on the bottom/back of the unit, which lock in the strings when I change the strings. First of all, does anyone know what these are called? And where can I find some? Please help! I haven't changed my strings in months!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

wrong tuning peg (L) handed Aria pro II seriesxr

I received the complete opposite peg that I needed if possible sendme return postage or how toreceive the correct peg

Thank you, Christopher Gregory

Re: Need Kahler Spyder tremolo parts

RE:Replacement part's...I have a friend with a small
"metal lathe" who has made the hex-head saddle clamp
-I call it,from a chrome steel roller shaft, out of a photo-copier,he only wanted a dooby for it -COOOOL. Try a local metal shop,still very cheap to do,good luck ! note;You will need sample.

Loren,

No way! I thought I was the only one! Do you have the US made "Contemporary Strat?" I've never corresponded with someone who also owns that guitar. I LOVE mine - except for the Kahler Spyder!

Anyway, I am also in desperate need of those same parts - I call them "barrel screws," but that's probably not right. I discovered that Peavey sold some guitars with the Spyder, so I contacted their parts department and they just mailed me six of the screws. Problem is - they aren't exactly right. They have a slotted head instead of the hex. However, if you are in a tight spot (sounds like you are), you might consider giving them a try. They seem to be almost exactly the same except for the head.

Here's the exerpt from my email with Peavey:

The part # is a generic # 88888830 and just ask for 6 we will get them out to you.

Please feel free to call us at 877-732-8391 and ask for the Parts Dept.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you've discovered any other place to purchase them. Have you tried calling Fender? I'm going to try that today.

Also, would love to hear from you about the guitar - maybe swap a picture. Does yours have the cool flamed top?

Good luck, and PLEASE let me know if you discover anything!

Doug Bilski
Richmond, VA

dougbilski@comcast.net

: Loren,

The reason why the allen heads are starting to strip is because you are probably using the WRONG allen wrench. You can force a slightly bigger wrench into a socket and get it to work for a while but finally you will have problems.If you get the correct allen wrench it should work fine.

I'll need to check my Kahler Spyder to be sure, but it sounds like you are describing some type of machine screw, probably a set screw. If so, they are extremely common (hardware stores, McMaster-Carr, Fastenal, etc.)

Good Luck
-Rick

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.