kimbara

Advertisement
Posted by paula on Fri, 12/17/04 - 16:15:11.
In Reply to S&L MUSIC GEAR

Hi i was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about kimbara
accoustic guitars just came across one, it was made in korea
and it has square shaped pearl insets on the frets,
it also has the pearl trim the whole way round the edge of the guitar
and going up the back of the guitar in a V shape .
the label on the inside of the guitar says KIMBARA specially made for
FCN.england model no. 8/Y
I would appreciate any information about it .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

kimbara

i have kimbara 203/r black how much is it worth

Re: kimbara

Hi, I am from Germany and travelled in 1977 to London to buy my first guitar. I got a Kimbara, Specially Made in Japan for FCN Model 150. I paid around 75 pound sterling. It is still a great guitar like some Martins

: Hi i was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about kimbara
: accoustic guitars just came across one, it was made in korea
: and it has square shaped pearl insets on the frets,
: it also has the pearl trim the whole way round the edge of the guitar
: and going up the back of the guitar in a V shape .
: the label on the inside of the guitar says KIMBARA specially made for
: FCN.england model no. 8/Y
: I would appreciate any information about it .

hi i have a kimbara label made for fcn model no 30/p semi accoustic had it for over twenty years but dont no nothing about them, but fantastic sound

I bought a Kimbara 23CRD Chinese-built cutaway electro-acoustic about six years ago. It needed a little luthier work to bring it fully up to scratch, but as a result it has the sweetest action of any acoustic (well, any guitar, in fact) that I've ever played. So the transition to Chinese manufacture hasn't ruined the brand.

Light-bodied, it throws a lot of sound forwards, which might not suit everyone (I like giving it to friends to play just so I can here it to full effect). It has basic Artec passive EQ, but through a decent amp, the stock piezo pickup gives a great sound with plenty of "air" and full range.

IIRC I paid about £200 for it. I wouldn't ever sell it. Folks I know who have £600+ guitars rate it highly. Unless the OP's guitar's a total crock, I'd think twice about selling it!

hi,

does anyone know anything about the 171/Q kimbara guitar

hazel

i got my kimbara acoustic in 1979 it cost 45 pounds . and it was second hand .its black and has a pickgard coated in flowers and has a dove on it . i love it. although my gibson j 45 sounds top class . my kimbara is not too far behind in sound . does anyone know how much it is worth .

I bought a Kimbara black late 70s - pick guard with flowers and dove. ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING. Sounded like a Fender but a fraction of the price. Sold it along with all my other guitars - WRONG MOVE. I've now spent the past few years trying to find another. They are priceless if you have a good 70s model. Don't sell it for less than a couple of hundred (unless to me for what you paid for it!!!!!)
: i got my kimbara acoustic in 1979 it cost 45 pounds . and it was second hand .its black and has a pickgard coated in flowers and has a dove on it . i love it. although my gibson j 45 sounds top class . my kimbara is not too far behind in sound . does anyone know how much it is worth .

Re: kimbara acoustic guitar

kimbara acoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: kimbara acoustic guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.