NOVELTY SONG FROM 1979 (OR EARLIER)

Posted by jacqueline pinkerton on Wed, 11/03/04 - 12:40:02.

This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: NOVELTY SONG FROM 1979 (OR EARLIER)

: This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

I am also looking for it & have spent alot ot time searching. I have found a mention of it on Pat Robertson's website referring to Moose Jackson as the artist, & another website that said Steve Barta sang it. Even the full lyrics would be better than nothing. I heard it on an album at someone's home I was staying at in Fremont, CA in the summer of 1978

Mt. Sinai

I still have my sound track tape of this song. Walkin Sinai. It says Medium-low voice 1977 by Lillienas Publishing Co. All Rights Reserved.
I've been wishing I could purchase another sound track of this. This one is scratchy and I can't use it, but wouldn't get rid of it.
If there's a way I could purchase another "good one" I'd like to know.

My Dad wrote this song.

My Dad wrote the song Walkin' Sinai in 1974. His name is Alfred Poirier. It was first recorded by Dan Whittemore.

Walkin' Sinai

I would like to have the sheet music or guitar chords for this song to sing for a Church Bible Study. I heard it at a church conference many years ago. Do you know where I can get these chords? Thank you.

Another lap

Alfred, AKA Freddy Bones, worked that song out while he was the swamper for Crew 2 at the Inyo Ecology Center in 1973. He played that song and many others at the bible study at Bill and Kathy Kennedy's house on his beautiful Martin D19. Please give him my warm regards.

walkin's sinai piano chords

May I know where can we find the piano chords? Need it for Church service worship. thanks.

Walkin' Sinai

Walkin' Sinai, also known at "Take Another Lap" was written in 1976 by Al Poirier. I have it in a book entitled Songs for One or Two,, 100 Sacred Solos and Duets New and Favorite published by Lillenas.

Re:Novelty song fron 1979(or earlier)

Go to Dan Whittemores website. He has it available their. Although not the chords. I am happy to say our family still has his LP from Ca in the 70's. Still one of my favorite songs, fun but a great message for anyone at any age or any stage in their christian walk.

"Walkin' Sinai"

Al Poirier ©1974 Lillenas Publishing Co.

I love songs that make you think and make you laugh. When I sang "Walkin Sinai" That's what people did. They relate and they laugh. I didn't write this song, but this is how I found it.

I was singing at a YMCA camp in the Fresno mountains. One evening, after most of the campers were in bed, a few of us were sitting around a fire sharing songs and stories. One guy sang part of a song, as much as he could remember, he called it "Wilderness Blues". I heard the line "Take another lap around Mount Sinai, til' you learn your lesson" and couldn't stop thinking about it. I asked him where the song came from and he said "some guy in Chico wrote it, his name is Al Poirier". I was just about ready to record my first album and decided I wanted to use that song and so the adventure began.

I was determinded to find Al Poirier so I drove to Chico, prayed and asked around until I found him. God is good but Al wasn't home. He was a student at Chico state, I believe, and away on break. We did hook up eventually, completed the song and I recorded it. I sang "Walkin' Sinai" everywhere I went. Still today people who remember me say "Oh, you're the guy who wrote Walkin' Sinai", and I say, "no, but I can tell you how I found it".

Well, don't you know that in the days of old,

When the Israelites didn't do what they were told,

Because of their stubbornness, they failed the test.

When they wondered in their faith each time

By their whinin' and their cryin' for a sign,

Our Lord, simply told them this....

Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai,

Till you learn your listen,

Till you stop your whinin' and you quit your rebellin'

Till you learn to stand in your day of testin'

By trustin' and obeyin' the Lord.

Well, have you been in the situation

When the Lord asked you to wait upon Him

but it seemed you could not remain still.

So you started plannin' what you're gonna do

cause you thought the Lord had forgotten you

and just then, You hear Him say.....

Go on and...........

Well, just the other day I heard the Lord say,

Son, you got to take another step of faith

And trust me to carry you through the storm.

But when the stom started gettin' rough

Well, I thought the Lord wasn't strong enough

So I started doin' things on my own

And He said, take another lap................

song: Walkin Sinai

Recently heard "Walkin Sinai and would like very much to have a copy of the song--cd--where to purchase.

Thanks

Take amother lap around mount Sinai- Bobby Michaels

I first heard this song in 1983-84 while stationed in Karlsruhe, Germany. I went to a Bobby Michaels concert at the local Army Chapel and he sang this song. I have always remembered that song and sing the words that I could remember. I had all of his cassettes, yes I dated myself, from his concerts. I even have a Super 8mm movie I toke during the concert. Several years ago we had a house fire and lost all our records, cassettes, 8-tracks, & cd's from over the years. My wife surprised me 2 weeks ago with a songbook with the words to Walkin' Sinai.
I now have the words to the song I will not forget, or haven't forgotten in over 31 years.
I have watched/ listened to few youtube videos, but they do not sing it like Bobby Michaels did.
I hope this has or will help Bless someone else.

In Christ Love,
LaDon Larson

Walkin Sinai

I have been singing this song for many years, The old Bobby Michaels version. My mother laid down the music tracks for me when I was younger. And it is very regularly requested. There is such a big lesson in the lyrics.

Take another lap lyrics

Several years ago a Bluegrass group from LA/Bakersfield area came to my church in Bothell, WA, and they sang this song. I have been hoping ever since to find all the words, so am glad to have discovered this site; though it isn't quite what I thought I remembered, it is probably all of it.

: : This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

: I am also looking for it & have spent alot ot time searching. I have found a mention of it on Pat Robertson's website referring to Moose Jackson as the artist, & another website that said Steve Barta sang it. Even the full lyrics would be better than nothing. I heard it on an album at someone's home I was staying at in Fremont, CA in the summer of 1978

I just happened by this site and thought I would add alittle. I Recorded this song in the 70's. Go to my website and read the story about how the song came to be... We are in the process of converting the LP to CD format. God bless you, www.danwhittemore.com

: : This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

: I am also looking for it & have spent alot ot time searching. I have found a mention of it on Pat Robertson's website referring to Moose Jackson as the artist, & another website that said Steve Barta sang it. Even the full lyrics would be better than nothing. I heard it on an album at someone's home I was staying at in Fremont, CA in the summer of 1978.

Published 1976 and 1984 by Lillenas Publishing Co. It is CCLI No. 158961 and is in page 36 in Lift up a Song 15 arrangements for contemporary choir by Joseph Linn. Someone just gave me a copy of the book. I am a church choir director and like the song too. Now if we can find a recording of it so I can teach it to the choir.
Rose

i think this song is WALKIN SINAI

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Christian-Music-2785/70-Christian-Song.htm

It was Dan Whittemore (not sure of the spelling). He also did "The Word of God is like Little-bitty Seeds"

: This song played on a christian radio station out of Lakeland, Florida bearing the call letters of WCIE (Where Christ is Everything) when I was a senior in high school. I don't remember the name of the song nor who sang it, but if you've ever heard it, you'll remember it. The words to the chorus are: 'Go on and take another lap around Mount Sinai, til you've learned your lesson, Til you stop your whining and you quit your rebellin', Til you learn to stand in your day of testing, by trustin' and obeyin' the Lord'. As silly as it seems, this chorus has stuck with me and taught me very valuable lessons. Just wondered if you might know who sang it and how I could obtain it. Thanx for your consideration!

Okay folks.. time for me to Chime in.. FREMONT? WOW... I still have a copy of Dans Album. As Jacqueline mentioned.. I have the same experience.. over the years that same few sentences from the song goes thru my mind. Very powerful and obviously long lasting. I can't wait to go out and buy a record player for to play it again. Still have many other albums from the same time: Truth, Bridge, John Fisher, Shiloh, Andre, etc.. They are all gems and treasures.

Back to Fremont: anyone go to Fremont Christian H.S. in the 70's? Friday Night Live in Newark? The monthly Christian Artists concerts that were put on in the Bay Area?

Dan, Please chime in again.. do you have any of your music on a CD? We would love to hear your music even if it's not professionally recorded.

David

Someone told me about this sight so I thought, as the writer of this song I would add a few thoughts. The song "The Sower Parable" or "Little Bitty Seeds", was originally publish in a discipleship double album called "Follow Me" by Tempo Records. I used it in ministry from Alaska to Texas in churches, Camps and many schools campus's. Motions for the songs evolved and song became one of my most asked for song to sing in my concerts. Even almost thirty year later I still get emails asking sheet music and if there is a CD with Little Bitty Seeds on it. There is a CD (MY FATHER IS GOOD) that has a newer version of this song on it and it is that song that has sold the project. God is good. It is still a thrill Serving in His music ministry. I have been a music pastor in Reno, Nv. for the past 20 years and love it... God bless you all.

Re: LITTLE BITTY SEEDS

: Someone told me about this sight so I thought, as the writer of this song I would add a few thoughts. The song "The Sower Parable" or "Little Bitty Seeds", was originally publish in a discipleship double album called "Follow Me" by Tempo Records. I used it in ministry from Alaska to Texas in churches, Camps and many schools campus's. Motions for the songs evolved and song became one of my most asked for song to sing in my concerts. Even almost thirty year later I still get emails asking sheet music and if there is a CD with Little Bitty Seeds on it. There is a CD (MY FATHER IS GOOD) that has a newer version of this song on it and it is that song that has sold the project. God is good. It is still a thrill Serving in His music ministry. I have been a music pastor in Reno, Nv. for the past 20 years and love it... God bless you all.

Dear Sir,

How may I get a copy of this song? I have had it in my mind since I attended Bible School in Portland in 78 and I wish to teach it in the Christian School where I am an administrator.

Thanks, Rich

Re: LITTLE BITTY SEEDS

Hi Rich....
Go to www.danwhittemore.com
or email me at dw89511@yahoo.com

God bless you, Dan

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.