Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2003

Advertisement

Archive for posts from June, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Alguien tiene Partitura de Cacho Tirao?????

Necesito Cacho Tirao arreglos de musica///

Re: Alguien tiene Partitura de Cacho Tirao?????

: Necesito Cacho Tirao arreglos de musica///

Necesito la partitura de Sorba El Griego por Cacho Tirao

Puedo transcribir lo que necesites, por un precio a convenir. Escribime. Gracias.

: Necesito partituras de cacho tirao

Alguien tiene Partitura de Cacho Tirao?????

: : Necesito Cacho Tirao arreglos de musica///alguien me haria el favor de mandarmela paritura de adios nonino por chacho, dede ya muchas gracias

Selmer Bassmaster 50

I have a 64 Selmer Bassmaster 50 Crocodile amp head with mullard tubes.This amp became the Treble & Bass that same year.Can anyone tell me its market price,Thanks Steve

Re: Selmer Bassmaster 50

probably around £350

Presets for Boss GT6

Does anyone know where I can download patches or presets for a Boss GT6?

Re: Presets for Boss GT6

here is a site for gt6 patches

Re: Presets for Boss GT6

: Does anyone know where I can download patches or presets for a Boss GT6? artists like dimebag, zakk wylde, etc....

Boss hr-2 questions

Hey,

I just bought a Boss Hr-2 harmonist (used), and it didn't come with a manual.

I can't seem to get it to work correctly. When I put it in the key of g and put both dials on +3, I play a g-note and expect to hear a B note on top of it, but instead I hear a Bb. In fact, when I play any note in the key of G, it always plays a minor third above.

However, when I plug in the detector input, it plays the right notes on top, but I can't get any volume out of doing it that way.

Does anyone know anything about this pedal!?!

Email me or post here - I would appreciate any assistance.

Many thanks!

Rufus Juskus
riufmanj@comcast.net

Re: Boss hr-2 questions

Hi there

Just read your post regarding the Boss pedal. Like you I have just purchased a HR2 second hand with no manual. Did you ever find out the answer to your question with regard to the harmonies in G ?

Looking for classical guitar teacher NJ

I need a good Classical guitar teacher in Bergen county area of NJ.Can anyone tell me of any?

Re: Looking for classical guitar teacher NJ

: I need a good Classical guitar teacher in Bergen county area of NJ.Can anyone tell me of any?

I'll try this again...sorry about the incomplete post.

One of my customer's is an excellent classical player & teacher. His name is Joel Perry. (201) 997-1127 joeljperry@aol.com. He's in Kearny, I hope that's close enough. Tell him Scott at ScoGo Guitars sent you!

I'm blowing my own trumpet here (or rather - playing my own strings). I give in-home classical guitar lessons up to an advanced-intermediate level around the north Bergen County area.
John
(201)220-7655
http://www.guitar-lessons.us

Yamaha 12 string acoustic

I have an opportunity to buy a Yamaha 12 string acoustic guitar for my son, who has wanted a 12 string for a long time. $175 is the price, it this worth it for a reasonably well taken care of Yamaha?

Re: Yamaha 12 string acoustic

Yamaha is a pretty decent brand, but there are too many variables when it comes to guitars to say whether or not it is worth the price. Have your son try it out--if he likes the way it sounds and plays, then see what you can negotiate. Your son should also try out other guitars in that price range to get a sense of what sounds and feels good to him. Sometimes a change of strings can make all the difference in the way a guitar sounds and plays. Maybe you could try a google search and see what that Yamaha model sells for. Good luck!

Yamaha 12 strings

I have an FG-312, purchased new in 1978, and it has been kept in its hardshell case, finish stays near perfect. The design is the classical "gunboat": heavy, fairly loud, probably best for flatpicking or fingerpicks. The neck is thick and traditionally "C"-shaped, and the action can't get much better than low-to-medium. The tuning stability is fairly good (high G-string goes low with aggressive picking,of course). I seldom play it anymore, as I lucked into a much more playable instrument for my fingerstyle preferences.

Overall, a hearty, fairly good Box with a decent sound, but anyone who takes up a traditional 12 should be ready for thumb muscle cramps, growing significant fingertip callouses, and keeping an ear to the tuning harmonics. This is NOT your friendly 6-string! I've travelled several times by air with it, including very Tropical South India, and it made it through slendidly!

The $175.00 price is about what they were when new back in the 70's.

How much are they worth?

I have a Fender Telecastor #289677 and a Hagstrom #667930. I have no idea how much they are worth or what year they are.

Re: How much are they worth?

Sounds like a '69 or '70 tele and I don't have exact prices. Depends on condition too. Anywhere from $1500 to $3000. Pretty good resale really. On the Hagstrom, don't know even an approximate date on that so I'll have to bow out on that. I think you'll find that there are some hardcore devotees that really like Hagstrom amps (I'm not one of them) that will be willing to pay a premium - again, depending on condition.

Re: How much are they worth?

Yamaha SC 300...how much?

I got the tabs for you guys

G Em Cadd9 D C
--3-----0--------3-------2------0---
--3-----0--------3-------3------1---
--0-----0--------0-------2------0---
--0-----2--------2-------0------2---
--2-----2--------3-------x------3---
--3-----0--------x-------x------x---

Intro

|-----------------------------|
|-------0---------------0-----|
|---------0---------------0---|
|---3-3-------------3-3-------|

Verse 1

- Play 4 times (twice without vocals, twice with vocals)
G G Cadd9 D
|-----------------------------------------------------------|
|-------3-------------3-------------3-------------3---------|
|-----0---0---0-----0---0---0-----0---0---------2---2---2---|
|-----------0-------------0-------------2-----0-------0-----|
|-------------------------------3---------3-----------------|
|---3-------------3-----------------------------------------|

1. -
2. -
3. Another turning point a fork stuck in the road
4. Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go

- Play twice
Em D C G
|-------0-------------3-------------1-------------3---------|
|-----0---0---0-----2---2---2-----0---0---0-----0---0---0---|
|-----------2-----0-------0-------------2-------------0-----|
|---2---------------------------3---------------------------|
|---------------------------------------------3-------------|

1. So make the best of this test and don't ask why
2. It's not a question but a lesson learned in time

- Play once
Em G Em G
|-------0-------------3-------------0-------------3---------|
|-----0---0---0-----0---0---0-----0---0---0-----0---0---0---|
|-----------2-------------0-------------2-------------0-----|
|---2---------------------------2---------------------------|
|-----------------3---------------------------3-------------|

1. It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right, .....
Em D
|---------------------------------|
|-------0-------------3-----------|
|-----0---0---0-----2---2---------|
|-----------2-----0-------0-------|
|---2-----------------------(0)---|

... I hope you had the time of your ..

Strumming part.

- Simply strum it with the rythem. The best way to play is to strum the
top three strings a few times then strum the lower three strings
repeatedly while sometimes hitting it hard.

G G Cadd9 D
..Life

G G Cadd9 D

G G Cadd9 D
So take the fotographs and still frames in your mind
G G Cadd9 D
Hang it on a shelf of good health amd good time
Em D C G
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
Em D C G
For wat it's worth it was worth all the while
Em G Em G
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
Em D G
I hope you had the time of your life

Now a bridge starts, with the violin

G G Cadd9 D (4 times)
Em D C G (2 times)

Em G Em G
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
Em D G
I hope you had the time of your life

G Cadd9 D
G G Cadd9 D

The ending part ...

Em G Em G
|-------0-------------3-------------0-------------3---------|
|-----0---0---0-----0---0---0-----0---0---0-----0---0---0---|
|-----------2-------------0-------------2-------------0-----|
|---2---------------------------2---------------------------|
|-----------------3---------------------------3-------------|

1. It's something unpredictable, but in the end its right, ....

Em D
|-------0-------------3-----------|
|-----0---0---0-----2---2---------|
|-----------2-----0-------0-------|
|---2-----------------------(0)---|

2. I Hope you had a time of your ....

G G Cadd9 D
|-------3-------------3-------------3-------------3---------|
|-----0---0---0-----0---0---0-----0---0---------2---2---2---|
|-----------0-------------0-------------2-----0-------0-----|
|-------------------------------3---------3-----------------|
|---3-------------3-----------------------------------------|

... life. ...

Play this slowly ...

G Cadd9 D
|-----------------------------------------------------------3---|
|-------3-----3-------3-------------3-------------3---------3---|
|-----0---0---------0---0---0-----0---0---------2---2-2-0---0---|
|-----------0-------------0-------------2-----0-------------0---|
|-------------------------------3---------3-----------------2---|
|---3-------------3-----------------------------------------3---|

Laney LC 15R

Can anyone help me locate a owners manual for this superb little amp of mine?
I have tried the Laney web site, but no joy!
Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Laney LC 15R

: Can anyone help me locate a owners manual for this superb little amp of mine?
: I have tried the Laney web site, but no joy!
: Thanks in anticipation.

Hi. I didn't get a manual with my LC-15 either. It's a very basic amp. What do you want to know about it? Maybe I can answer a question you have about it.

M

fret markers (inlays)

I was just wondering if anyone knows why there are fret markers on the 3rd,5th,7th,9th,12th etc...? Is there a specific reason for this? I am a guitar teacher and have been playing a pretty decent amount of time and when i asked my teacher about it, he didn't know either.If someone can drop me a line at my email address w/ the answer it would be much appreciated. Kind of a silly question i know but everyone i ask doesnt seem to know either.

Re: fret markers (inlays)

Just for visual/learning indicators, it's just the most logical way to represent w/h steps and was based on the E strings is what I've always been told, I've heard other reasons (theory) but they are just general and don't hold up in all cases so no reason to belive one over the other... some guitars have one on the 1st, most acoustics start on the 5th (in the first position you don't need a 3rd for 'reference' cuz your fingers are (at the least) already covering frets 1-4, some have none or just a 12th.

: I was just wondering if anyone knows why there are fret markers on the 3rd,5th,7th,9th,12th etc...? Is there a specific reason for this? I am a guitar teacher and have been playing a pretty decent amount of time and when i asked my teacher about it, he didn't know either.If someone can drop me a line at my email address w/ the answer it would be much appreciated. Kind of a silly question i know but everyone i ask doesnt seem to know either.

: I was just wondering if anyone knows why there are fret markers on the 3rd,5th,7th,9th,12th etc...? Is there a specific reason for this? I am a guitar teacher and have been playing a pretty decent amount of time and when i asked my teacher about it, he didn't know either.If someone can drop me a line at my email address w/ the answer it would be much appreciated. Kind of a silly question i know but everyone i ask doesnt seem to know either.

The answer is that the guitar favors the key of E minor. The natural state of E minor is E phrygian. The fret markers on a guitar mark the roots of the seven modes of E phrygian. E F G A B C D. However, this would create some clutter at the half steps. As a general rule you don't want to lay two fret markers in a row. This is because a fret marker locates three frets;the marked fret, the previous fret, and the next fret. So instead of marking C, we mark C# which locates C, C#, and D. A similar problem occurs at F midway down the guitar neck. In this case the solution is to mark E which locates D# and F and omit a fret marker at F.

need to price a KMD stack amp

need to price a KMD stack amp

This popular thread has been given its own page : need to price a KMD stack amp

indiana range

anyone know if it fact that the indiana range of tanglewood guitars are still made mine is a indiana tfca-e whats the last 5 letters mean
thanks

YOU MUST SEE THIS Great SITE!

http://www.tabx.net

Epi. EA-255

Early 70's hollow (solid walnut) body. Japan Mfg.
Beautiful hot humbuckers. Gold hdwe. Resonator tailpiece.
2 vol. 2 tone. 3 pos swich.
Limited edition (Epiphone Artist) model. I stumbled across one and bought it at a garage sale with case and small amp. Near mint cond. Won't tell you price. I am proud though.(for once)
Original receipt in case 1972 guitar $580. I saw one at $400 on ebay about 4 months ago with 1 week left on bidding.

Re: Epi. EA-255

$400 is still a little steep, but hey alot of suckers on ebay, list it.

: Early 70's hollow (solid walnut) body. Japan Mfg.
: Beautiful hot humbuckers. Gold hdwe. Resonator tailpiece.
: 2 vol. 2 tone. 3 pos swich.
: Limited edition (Epiphone Artist) model. I stumbled across one and bought it at a garage sale with case and small amp. Near mint cond. Won't tell you price. I am proud though.(for once)
: Original receipt in case 1972 guitar $580. I saw one at $400 on ebay about 4 months ago with 1 week left on bidding.

Re: Epi. EA-255

Bought one from a junk dealer for $10.00, yes, ten bucks.
Needs a neck. know where I can get one??
e-mail me.
Josh fomoco1o1@hotmail.com
Have cash for neck.

guitar makin

i want to make a guitar but i need to know prices and equipment

Re: guitar makin

Prices: varied
Equipment: lots

: i want to make a guitar but i need to know prices and equipment

Re: guitar makin

Hmm, a real glutton for punishment I see. Most folks would tell you to forget about it, but I say go for it. If I had listened to them, I wouldn't have been doing this for 10 years now. It will cost a fortune though, especially if you don't have shop tools now. A shop with just essential tools including a good band saw will run you about $1,000. Wood for body and neck will run you maybe $150, then you've got all the other parts, pickups, electronics, bridge, nut, hardware running about another $200, so you're looking at maybe $350 not including tools for a halfway decent guitar. And if you don't have rudimentary woodworking skills forget it until you take a woodworking course at the local community college extension or something. You must also have a lot of patience and be willing to be frustrated along the way. Also, get a good book on guitar building, they are all over the place like Amazon or Barnes and Noble, there may even be one at your local library. I'm getting ready to publish an e-booklet on the subject myself with full descriptions and photos. Also check out the site for Stewart McDonald guitar shop, he's got tons of free articles on the subject and he can sell you everything you need - I don't have the web address with me, but just do a web search. Oh, and I know this is lengthy, but if you can do what I did that helped me save tons of bucks is to haunt music stores especially the discount ones and get to know the guys there. Sometimes they'll get hold of boxes of crap they don't want like old hardware and electronics and shit that is perfectly good and you can either buy it from them cheap or even get it free. I did that and store it all in an old tackle box. If I need something, I go root in there first and a lot of times find what I need. Just be sure that this is what you want to do. I love it just for the love of woodworking and guitars but if you are looking for a cheap way out, this ain't it - especially when you can pick up a Yamaha or Epiphone guitar/amp combo at Media Play for around $100.

vince gill sound equipment

I'm lookin for veenies sound formula. mostly how he gets so much clean sustain out of his guitars. what kind of pick ups does he use , are they wired in series or parellel? I heard of a magizine article with vince explaining just what gear he uses to get that sound. my style of pickin is like veenies and I 've had my tele in the shop swicthin out pick-ups so many times, it's drivin me nuts. Is it to much to ask to have at least one guitar that sounds like vince gills ?

Re: vince gill sound equipment

: I'm lookin for veenies sound formula. mostly how he gets so much clean sustain out of his guitars. what kind of pick ups does he use , are they wired in series or parellel? I heard of a magizine article with vince explaining just what gear he uses to get that sound. my style of pickin is like veenies and I 've had my tele in the shop swicthin out pick-ups so many times, it's drivin me nuts. Is it to much to ask to have at least one guitar that sounds like vince gills ?

I feel your pain Dean! I too have been scouring the web for some insight to Vince's sound, and have been changing pickups on my tele more then I change my strings... and to no avail! His clean tone and sustain still remains an enigma. The closest I have come to getting his sound is playing clean through my middle and neck pickups on my fender deluxe fat strat...they are fender vintage noiseless single coils and have an added sustain with a compressor and the twang of a digital reverb! Good luck in your quest and please forward any info to the above email address that you may find!

: : I'm lookin for veenies sound formula. mostly how he gets so much clean sustain out of his guitars. what kind of pick ups does he use , are they wired in series or parellel? I heard of a magizine article with vince explaining just what gear he uses to get that sound. my style of pickin is like veenies and I 've had my tele in the shop swicthin out pick-ups so many times, it's drivin me nuts. Is it to much to ask to have at least one guitar that sounds like vince gills ?

: I feel your pain Dean! I too have been scouring the web for some insight to Vince's sound, and have been changing pickups on my tele more then I change my strings... and to no avail! His clean tone and sustain still remains an enigma. The closest I have come to getting his sound is playing clean through my middle and neck pickups on my fender deluxe fat strat...they are fender vintage noiseless single coils and have an added sustain with a compressor and the twang of a digital reverb! Good luck in your quest and please forward any info to the above email address that you may find!

For Strat, check out EMG website. There is a Vince Gill set up prewired on a pickguard with electronics included. Big key to Vince's sound, Rivera amps, R100 212. As for effects, I would have to bet a compressor sustain pedal is included in his rig. This is about all I know, or should I say think I know.

I play a G&L S-500 and I can come pretty close with my H&K Tube Factor and a Keeley Compressor. I think the EMG's and amps he uses are the key; and of course, his touch. I don't want to be him anyway, I just want to get that creamy/dreamy tone into some of my ballad leads.

can I use my amp as a head

can i use my marshall dfx30 with a cabinet or do i really need to buy a head as well? (i will buy one eventually but temporarilly can i use my amp?)

Re: can I use my amp as a head

Basically yes, if your amp has out jacks (if not get a schematic and add some), you might have to do a little impedance tweaking depending on the cab though.

: can i use my marshall dfx30 with a cabinet or do i really need to buy a head as well? (i will buy one eventually but temporarilly can i use my amp?)

amp- get like a heavy metal sound

I have a Jackson electric guitar; and the pick ups are supposed to put out a "thick" sound. What kind of amp should I get to make the sound more heavy metal, like Evanscence or Linkin Park, than acoustic. I don't need a HUGE amp, just like a practice amp size or a little bigger.

thanx!

what's the cheapest strat copy i can get

quality isn't too important. i just want to practice and not worry if i drop the thing.

Re: what's the cheapest strat copy i can get

Probally around $20, just check out ebay.. it'll sound and play like crap though... but still cheap

: quality isn't too important. i just want to practice and not worry if i drop the thing.

Spend $150-$250 for a used Fender Mexican Strat. You can NOT practice on junk. You MUST have a good neck, playable frets and correct intonation. Otherwise, you're wasting your time, and you'll probably come away frustrated. Whatever you buy, spend anonther $45 to have a pro adjust the setup.

Johnson JS800. $119.00

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.