Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2003

Archive for posts from June, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

from boss ME-8 to zoom 8080

: Hi, Iam a mexican boy & I want to know if buy a ZOOM 8080 is a good choice because I get a BOSS ME-8. Is better?? and someone knows the price of the ZOOM 8080??
: Thanks everyone for your comments!

Re: from boss ME-8 to zoom 8080

I have a ME-8, its great !

: : Hi, Iam a mexican boy & I want to know if buy a ZOOM 8080 is a good choice because I get a BOSS ME-8. Is better?? and someone knows the price of the ZOOM 8080??
: : Thanks everyone for your comments!

Re: from boss ME-8 to zoom 8080

I have a Zoom8080 and is great ! It's about 350$ but it's worth it .

Painting Your Guitar -- Please Respond

Hey, I'm a newbie to this board, but please forgive my ignorance. Anyone who has any experience painting a guitar, redoing it, just disassembly to prepare for it, anything, please post extensive tips and advice, everything you know. I'm a great painter but hell if I know what variable I may not know about on the guitar, I've never tried it before. Any special paints or processes to consider? Please help.

Re: Painting Your Guitar -- Please Respond

Check out: http://www.flash.net/~guitars/

ReRanch is THE place to go.

Way too many 'variables' to post 'tips here, you don't even mention what kind of guitar or anything.

: Hey, I'm a newbie to this board, but please forgive my ignorance. Anyone who has any experience painting a guitar, redoing it, just disassembly to prepare for it, anything, please post extensive tips and advice, everything you know. I'm a great painter but hell if I know what variable I may not know about on the guitar, I've never tried it before. Any special paints or processes to consider? Please help.

I'm sorry but it's like I said I have no idea how to approach this. The guitar is a PRS Santana SE if it helps.

If after reading the refin 101 there you still don't know how to approach it you are probally better off having it done by someone else... or having someone at least around to guide you, it's not hard but requires alot of hard and tedious work.

: I'm sorry but it's like I said I have no idea how to approach this. The guitar is a PRS Santana SE if it helps.

Most guitars have a urethane coating over the body for protection from scratching, etc. My suggestion would be if you wanted to do a mural or something, use a remover first to take off the finish coating (in the area you wanted). For paints Id stick with enamels since they seem to do best on this type of project. Another idea, this is actually one I am going to do, is to take an enamel gold leaf to outline my drawing on the guitar, this should actually go on without having to sand or use a remover, then use another finish layer on top of that. There are plenty of ways to go about this you just have to do a little research.

Definately...go to rerach...there is a full description for painting a guitar...you can even buy the right colors there

I won’t buy at Guitar Center Chicago any more

I bought a guitar at Guitar Center Chicago in august 2002. I then realized I could find it cheaper elsewhere. They guarantee the lowest price and pay you back the difference if you find cheaper. They promised at least 5 times they would credit my back account. Never did. I guess they’re not very honest. Forget them.

Re: I won’t buy at Guitar Center Chicago any more

A brick through their window should make you feel better

: I bought a guitar at Guitar Center Chicago in august 2002. I then realized I could find it cheaper elsewhere. They guarantee the lowest price and pay you back the difference if you find cheaper. They promised at least 5 times they would credit my back account. Never did. I guess they’re not very honest. Forget them.
:

Telling everybody where you got the same guitar for less might also be good revenge.

: A brick through their window should make you feel better

:
: : I bought a guitar at Guitar Center Chicago in august 2002. I then realized I could find it cheaper elsewhere. They guarantee the lowest price and pay you back the difference if you find cheaper. They promised at least 5 times they would credit my back account. Never did. I guess they’re not very honest. Forget them.
: :

I was thinking the same thing.

: Telling everybody where you got the same guitar for less might also be good revenge.
:
: : A brick through their window should make you feel better

: :
: : : I bought a guitar at Guitar Center Chicago in august 2002. I then realized I could find it cheaper elsewhere. They guarantee the lowest price and pay you back the difference if you find cheaper. They promised at least 5 times they would credit my back account. Never did. I guess they’re not very honest. Forget them.
: : :

Value of Gibson B B King 2002

What is the value of my Gibson B B King on the resale market. It lists for $2,250 but you can find them for around $1,800 at most big stores. What do you think?

Guitar Appraisal

Guitar Appraisal

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guitar Appraisal

Guitar Appraisal

I have a 1950 Fender Broadcaster electric guitar, serial no. 0057. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth. Thank you.

Re: Guitar Appraisal

:I have a fender acustis electric flat top guitar.Very nice,like new condition.SB-55 ss# 2655029.I would like to know wht it worth. Thank you Daniel

: I have a 1975 Ibanez Deluxe 59er electric guitar, serial #. L752832. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth. Thank you.

: I have a 1950 Fender Broadcaster electric guitar, serial no. 0057. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth. Thank you.

VG lists one in excellent condition at $25 to $29K -- are you willing to sell it???

Guitar appraisal

i have a a 1974 Gibson L6-S vintage guitar that is in almost perfect condition. i would like to know how much it is worth.

I have a Ovation 12 string electric guitar Model 1756 with hardshell case - Could you tell me how much it is worth

Guitar Appraisal

I have a 1975 BC Rich Seagull electric guitar. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth.

Used they go for between $90-$130 depending on condition

: I have a 1975 BC Rich Seagull electric guitar. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth.

: Thank you very much for your input, the BC Rich sold for $1,200.

: Used they go for between $90-$130 depending on condition

:
: : I have a 1975 BC Rich Seagull electric guitar. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth.

This kid I know has an Original Gibson Les Paul Edition, and I would like to know how much it is worth. I'm pretty sure its alot. THANKS

: I have a 2003 BC Rich electric guitar. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth.

I have Electra Omega model x210 (serial # 13907) mint cond. with case also mint

Would you be interested in selling it? Please email me.

: I have a 1975 BC Rich Seagull electric guitar. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth.

mint condition yamaha fg-110 found in basement came with books from the 70's (picks and strings too)

mint condition yamaha fg-110 found in basement came with books from the 70's (picks and strings too)

i have a 52 or 53 fender telecaster i dont know which year, it has that crome pickup cover over the bottom pickup and is in good condition, only some small scraches and chips. It has a blondish cover on the wood with a black pickguard. i bought it at a garage sale for 200 dollars. I would like to know if it was worth it or if so how much it is worth. please contact soon

I have a 1977 Gibson RD Custom Brown electric guitar. I would like to know how much this guitar is worth.

Guitar Appraisal

Guitar Appraisal

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guitar Appraisal

net radio

hiya my name is steve i broadcast internet radio from my kitchen/studio as a hobby i do classic rock pop n oldies 24/7 worldwide i also carry over 250 different daily newspapers from across the globe recently i started playin new bands send me your cds http://www.lexnetlive.com steve@lexnetlive.com

worth a look

Cool message board
www.guitariff.net

mesa boogie amps

what is the price of the mesaboogie F series 50 watt?
How about the same thing but an F100 watt?

mesa boogie F100 212 combo

im looking for mesa boogie F100 212combo so bad. anyone wanna sell it?

Re: mesa boogie F100 212 combo

: I've got one, email me at centralscrutinizer25@yahoo.com and we'll talk ...
john

Rectified head and speakers

: what is the price of the mesaboogie rectified head and speakers the best

Fast & Easy to play Electric.

Hi Guys,
I currently have a Yamaha SG1000s, but I'm looking for something that's a bit faster to play because although the SG is a great GTR it is not suited to certain styles. I also have a Hohner 'Jack' headless bass which is a bit cheap & cheerful but plays very nicely & I like the scale/length of the Gtr, so I've been looking at Steinberger Gtrs (Any good, or is it style over substance?). Kramer,Jackson/Charvel...et al ,it's difficult to know where to put your money when there are so many seemingly good Gtrs on the market. Any advice & or feedback would be great.
Thanks for your help.
All the best. Paul

Re: Fast & Easy to play Electric.

sorry. my question are not answer yours.
can i ask you. i wanna buy sg700s what the different of neck joint your sg1000s with gibson les paul.
thank you

searching for GTPlayer from DSound

Hey!does anyone of you know where i could find a cracked version of DSound`s GTplayer to download
Thanx

Re: searching for GTPlayer from DSound

You could try dsound.com - it has a download portal where you can get a cracked copy. the crack involves entering the serial number that you should have bought!!!! Wanker

Re: searching for GTPlayer from DSound

: You could try dsound.com - it has a download portal where you can get a cracked copy. the crack involves entering the serial number that you should have bought!!!! Wanker

Fuck off and die, wanker!

settings for marshall valvestate 8100

settings for marshall valvestate 8100

This popular thread has been given its own page : settings for marshall valvestate 8100

Telecaster value?

I have a Fender Telecaster which is 1970-71 era buildand in reasonably good condition. But I can't find any guides to it's market value. can anyone help please?

Re: Telecaster value?

TDPRI.COM

: I have a Fender Telecaster which is 1970-71 era buildand in reasonably good condition. But I can't find any guides to it's market value. can anyone help please?

String Breakage on Les Paul

String Breakage on Les Paul

This popular thread has been given its own page : String Breakage on Les Paul

where the fu** can i find this tab??

does ne one out there kno where i can find the tab for the metallica song,, the unamed feeling, off their st. anger album
thanx

Re: where the fu** can i find this tab??

like why would you need tab for such a simple song ? probally why there is none of it.

: does ne one out there kno where i can find the tab for the metallica song,, the unamed feeling, off their st. anger album
: thanx

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.