Alvarez bicentennial model?

Advertisement
Posted by Chris on Wed, 12/08/04 - 18:27:12.

Ive never had any luck finding any info on this guitar. just wondering if anyone new anything about it. an acoustic guitar with an engraved plate on the back of the headstock reading : "Bicentennial Model, Limited Edition, 763/800"

Any info would be great

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez bicentennial model?

I just started researching this one, so this is the 1st I've heard of others. I own 302/800. My Dad bought it 1976 for my mom, who gave it to me because she never learned to play it. It has only a couple of minor surface scratches, but has original case and is in excellent overall condition. I've played it regularly since around 1988. It sat in it's case until then. I think she said he paid around $500 for it in '76. I've been offered $2,000, but would never part with it. It's the only thing i remember being around as long as my parents...It's like an old friend.

I have number 440/800. Bought it new in 1976. Great acoustic. I was under the understanding when I bought it that it was actually crafted by Yairi, which are normally their more expensive handcrafted guitars. Don't know how true that is, but I have played Yairis and it plays and sounds just as good.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alvarez bicentennial model?

: Ive never had any luck finding any info on this guitar. just wondering if anyone new anything about it. an acoustic guitar with an engraved plate on the back of the headstock reading : "Bicentennial Model, Limited Edition, 763/800"

: Any info would be great

I bought this exact same guitar about 2 years ago at a Pawn Shop in Dallas and it was stolen out of my truck a month later. It had nice tuning machines and unusual inlaid abalone fret markings. I paid $225 for it with the HSC and they said It had been there for over a year. I miss that guitar!! If there is any chance you want to sell it give me a call. 214-228-6264 Thanks, RR

I have one but it has no plaque on the head. It was a gift from my father for my 16th birthday. It has a beatiful tone and color. The sound rivals my Martin D35. I do have an Alvarez sales brochure that came with it, but I have never been able to find anything on ot either.

I have 745/800. I assume Bicentennial means it was made in 1976(?) - but don't know for sure. It's the best sounding guitar I've ever played - got it in 1989 in Chicago for $300.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Alvarez bicentennial model?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.