Alvarez professional 5224

Posted by Inge on Tue, 05/10/05 - 07:16:42.

Hello, does any body knows the value of this one? I am able to buy one but don't knof if the price is right! Thanks from the Dutch guitar playing girl!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez professional 5224

: Hello, does any body knows the value of this one?

Probably somewhere between $100 to $200 depending on condition and whether it has the original hard shell case.

These are nice guitars made out of good quality wood. If you find one whose neck is flat and hasn't started collapsing into the soundhole, it's worth every bit of $200. It's got a big full sound that you'd expect from more expensive dreadnoughts. Tuners are high quality on this one.

Does anyone know what it typically costs to get the neck reset on one of these? With companies like Martin moving to wood-alternatives, the price of a quality Korean made guitar should start to increase. Getting guitars like these restored is always a good investment when you love how it sounds.

Re: Alvarez professional 5224

: Hello, does any body knows the value of this one? I am able to buy one but don't knof if the price is right! Thanks from the Dutch guitar playing girl!!

I bought mine brand new in 1995 for $450, but just saw one w/ a case on craigslist in little rock, Arkansas for $299.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.