Sigma Guitars info:

Posted by Steven Pauff on Sun, 01/19/03 - 18:44:32.
In Reply to Dan's Guitar Page

I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK108589. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Only questions and no answers.

All questions and no answers makes this site seem pretty useless.Good questions and no answers.I got a sigma martin DM12-2 sn 8807000094 so what's the answer as to where made and how old. Is it any good ? Or no one knows anything on this site ?
HLM6

Sigma Martin DM4 SN 8014804

trying to find info on this DM 4

Sigma Martin USA 1980

Can you please help me get info on my sigma Martin USA with serial number 900443

Sigma KDM1

Would like to know the value of my Guitar made in Korea in 1970. Thanks.

Re: Sigma Guitars info: DR-35

I have a beautiful Sigma DR-35, with two internal numbers, one on the block at the base of the neck #905055, the other is on the inside, branded on one of the two back strips, #S23677. Does anyone have any idea as to their significance.

I've since invested in having the nut and saddle replaced with hand carved bone, and the frets and neck fine tuned for light strings -- it plays so easy and sounds simply wonderful.

Alan.

ModelSigma Guitar, Model DM3.

I can't find any information anywhere. It was my grandpas guitar, I got it from him shortly before he passed away. I wanted to know how much it was worth, when it was made, all that good stuff. If anyone knows, please let me know ! THANKS A MILLION !

Sigma C.F Martin SE 40TB

I have one guitar sigma c.f martin se 40tb serial no 9112000030
I need year built and characteristics of guitar.

Sigma C.F Martin SE 40TB

Hello my friends.I have in my possession a electro-acoustic Sigma Guitar EST.1970[C.F MARTIN AND COMPANY]SE 40TB but I do not know exact date features..your help was invaluable to me.thank you.

Re: Sigma Guitars info:

I have one (model DM 1 serial # 9109000145)it is the best - I also have a back packer

Love them

I may want another

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK107666. When was it made? How much is it worth? Thank you.

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK118624. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

I would like to find out any info on a DM 12-2 Sigma
that I just bought. The serial# is 8807000109

Sigma dm 12 2

Hi,
i'm Fabrizio from Italy and i read that you have the same model i have,(made in Korea #93024644)
did u get any information 'bout it?
I hane no idea of quality( supposed very good), year,price,etc,
It sounds very good but i think i'll use as a 6 strings.
Can u send me please some notes about this 12 strings?
Tks a lot, and excuse me for my poor English!
ciao!

Re: Sigma Guitars info:dr 28 s

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model dr 28s Serial #802145 When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

Re: Sigma Martin Guitars info:

: I need information on a Sigma Martin Guitar. model 900820 Nazerath PA made in the usa. trying to find out what it may be worth, this is all i see on the guitar.
thank you,

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK96041. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

How can I find out the value of a DM19 sigma made in Japan?

id like to know that

id like to know that myself!
I found this, In 1978, model designations were added to capitalize on Martin model numbers: the DM-18, DM-19, DR-28, DR-28H, DR-35, DR-41, and DR-45. They are called 'Second Generation' Sigma's by C.F. Martin and featured solid wood top!
I really like mine and have had it for about 40 years and it still sounds good and looks new! solid wood tops make a difference.B64RQ

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #8107089. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

: : I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model 52SDR-7 Serial 10941. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

: : : I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model 52SDR-7 Serial 10941. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

Hi, Your guitar is a Solid top DR7. That is D for Dreadnought, R for Rosewood back and sides, 7 for the best quality tonewoods available. I'm not sure what the 52 signifies. I think the top is spruce. Any Made in Japan guitars are worth more than the later versions made in Korea and Taiwan. There is no way to tell the age from the serial numbers as Martin used different factories and no obvious control over serial numbers. Price will depend on finding the right buyer for your guitar. However, if you are a player, I would recommend that you keep it as it will improve in value and tone as the years go by. The solid top versions are as good as low to mid priced Martins, they just don't have the famous name and badge.

Good Luck

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM4. Serial #6303581. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

I have a Sigma Guitar model DM3.The serial no. SK 120487. Could you please give me an estimated value. Thank you

: I have a Sigma Guitar model DM3.The serial no. SK 113489. Could you please give me an estimated value. Thank you

I have a Sigma DM 12-4 made in Korea, wiki says it after 1980, looking for year details etc, anything you can give would be appreciated. Thanks

: I have a Sigma DM 12-4 made in Korea, wiki says it after 1980, looking for year details etc, anything you can give would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi, you have a 12 string Dreadnought with mahogany back and sides. The top is probably laminate spruce. Some say that the first two or the last digits of the serial number denote the year of manufacture, but this is not reliable as Martin used different factories to produce their Sigmas. There should be a serial number on the brace in the body of the guitar, viewed through the sound hole. They were all hand inspected in the States before shipping to dealers. If yours was made in Korea it is definitely post 81. It's almost a Martin. If you like it, keep it, but you probably won't get another guitar close in sound and quality terms for the same money. IMHO they are fantastic value.

Good Luck

:I have a sigma guitar d-35 c.f.martin serial no. s26475. I would like to know the year of my guitar.thanks frank

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DR-7. Serial #S82105. When was it made? What did it sell for back then; How much is it worth now? Thanks.

Sigma DR-7 SN #S82105

I bought my DR-7 SN #S82144 in November 1978 paid $275. Still have the sales receipt.

DR7 sigma guitar same question as above

model DR7 guitar when was it made and what is it worth new and now a friend found one in a house that had been in a fire cleaned it up all the smoke and now wants to sell it.

: : I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DR-7. Serial #S82105. When was it made? What did it sell for back then; How much is it worth now? Thanks.
There is no way to date a sigma by serial #. The best you can due is a bill of sale IF it's from the original dealer and it's a guess how long they had it for sale. I have a dr41, great guitar but it's still not a martin. Went to a few "chain store" guitar shops and got the standard $100.00 sigma crap. it sold for $275.00 30 years ago! I let a good, respected martin restorer look and play. he felt it was worth, as a player, about $750.00 If had been a martin in the same condition and played the same....3 times as much. I went to guitar center and looked at a new MARTIN D18. What a P O S. I wouldnt take 10 0n trade for my dr41....and they wanted ten times what they say mine is worth. I did fing a martin I want. 1952 d31. It's a cannon and it will set me back $3500.00 If you have a good sigma (some are not so ggod). keep it, play it. you will never get what it is really worth. Let the snobs have their way and we'll keep getting good guitars for less!

Martin Sigma DR-41

I have owned my Martin DR-41 for over 30 years now. This has been one of the only Acoustic Guitars that I have truly enjoyed. Great sound and great action.

I need information on a Sigma Guitar.10th anniversarry.fs16740,..#10.what is the value of this instrument? It is like new.Looks and sounds great!.

SIGMA DM-8

TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW OLD THIS GUITAR IS

Re: SIGMA DM-8

: TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW OLD THIS GUITAR IS

Re: SIGMA DM-8

: : TRYING TO FIND OUT HOW OLD THIS GUITAR IS

I have one I'm pretty sure I bought in 1978 maybe 1979

Sigma GC-1ST

I need information about Sigma Model GC-1ST, features and market price.

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK108589. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Is there any photos of one? Thanks.

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model cr.5. . When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model dt3 numbers
276661 812166 when was it made, how much is it worth
thanks

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model TBIB. Serial 0020269 When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

Sigma Guitars info:

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DR41. Serial #88120468. When was it made? How much is it worth? It is in perfect condition not even a scratch on it. Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? My great uncle gave it to me when I was 8 and I will never be able to play it so I don't want it to go to waist. Thanks

*Brian

Sigma DR-41

If you still have the guitar, I may be interested in purchasing it.

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM 4C. Serial 90090088. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

: : I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM 3C. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK101470. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

:i need information on my sigma guitar.the serial # 26788
its a dm-3.if anybody knows please give me a shout.

Did you find any info on the DM3? I have the same type and can find nothing on it or what it's worth!

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK105704. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

: I need information on a Sigma Guitar. Model DM3. Serial #SK108589. When was it made? How much is it worth? Does Martin Guitars still handle Sigma Guitars? Thanks.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.