DY-57 dreadnought value?

Posted by Dave on Thu, 02/23/06 - 22:26:06.

I bought an Alvarez-Yairi DY-57 years ago, now can't play any more due to wrist damage in a motorcycle accident. A local guitar shop offered me $200 for it, but I paid 3 and a half times that for it. Anyone know a realistic value for it? It's in great shape. Or does anyone know a guitar shop near Daytona Beach that won't BS me about value?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

yairi dy57s value

In regards to your value dilema, a very good friend of mine bought his for $425.00 from a private individual.
Iam currently playing it on loan while mine is in the shop getting the frets dressed and leveled. I see them alot for sale,the average price is $400-500 based on condition.Condition is everything.I'm getting ready to purchase another one that i found at a music store. They want $500 plus tax, but i know i can get it for around $400 out the door.

Re: DY-57 dreadnought value?

Dave,
I am in the same boat, the bulls**t boat! Everybody wants to steal your guitar, then make a fortune on it! From my limited exposure to valuing a Yairi, its probably worth most of what you paid for it. I am looking at one now, a DY55 that the fellow wants $400 for but he is selling it on consignment because the guitar shop will only give him $200 for it! The best place to recoup as much as you can from your investment is eBay I think. We are all looking there at some point. Good luck. How much different is your DY57 than a DY55?
Jonathan
jdgeorges@hotmail.com

Re: DY-57 dreadnought value?

: Dave,
: I am in the same boat, the bulls**t boat! Everybody wants to steal your guitar, then make a fortune on it! From my limited exposure to valuing a Yairi, its probably worth most of what you paid for it. I am looking at one now, a DY55 that the fellow wants $400 for but he is selling it on consignment because the guitar shop will only give him $200 for it! The best place to recoup as much as you can from your investment is eBay I think. We are all looking there at some point. Good luck. How much different is your DY57 than a DY55?
: Jonathan
: jdgeorges@hotmail.com

Anyone knows K-yairi model YW-400?

Some time ago a friend gave me as a present a YW-400. I've been looking in some specialized websites but I don't find this model anywhere. It's from 1973, serial number 5203 electro acustic guitar. Someone knows were I can find info about this guitar? Thanks!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.