Re: Model DY78

Posted by Tom Anderson on Sat, 10/27/07 - 11:10:02.

I have a DY78 also, traded my Martin D18 for it and I still have it and love it. A couple of years ago I had the factory pickup installed at St. Louis music and had it appraised by a local high end guitar shop. Said he could only give me $500 in trade, however, he said the way it played was vastly superior to the $1800 or $2000 guitars I was considering. I believe Harry Chapin played this particular model. Anyway, my son purchased a new Martin recently and acoustically, mine is superior unplugged with the brightness and richness of tone. His sounds terrific when plugged in, but muffled when straight acoustic. Not so with the Yairi. Keep it, love it, play it. Tom

: : My husband has a Alvarez model DY 78 which he traded for. Would anyone know the value of the year of this guitar? Thank you

:
: I bought a brand new Alvarez dy78 in Savannah,ga.
: in 1980 for approx. $ 760.oo. I'm thinking it is a collectors item. Some of the wood in my instrument includes ebony, mahogany, and what looks like curly maple pick guard. I still own my Yairi and won't part with it. yours in music, g.g.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.