SHELTONE

Posted by TONY DELAVALE on Wed, 04/19/06 - 02:17:01.
In Reply to German-Guitars

HAVE JUST FOUND A SHELTONE GUITAR..MADE IN GERMANY.CAN'T FIND ANY INFO,ONLY ABOUT BANJO'S.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO. MUCH APPRECIATED..THANKS FROM TONY.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: SHELTONE

: HAVE JUST FOUND A SHELTONE GUITAR..MADE IN GERMANY.CAN'T FIND ANY INFO,ONLY ABOUT BANJO'S.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO. MUCH APPRECIATED..THANKS FROM TONY.

I have got a Sheltone banjo it has a red wood back and an American eagle inbossed in gold on the back can anyone tell me anything about it thank you Ron

These instruments were made and distributed by A.L.Schitnasty and Co in the 1970's

cheers

: : HAVE JUST FOUND A SHELTONE GUITAR..MADE IN GERMANY.CAN'T FIND ANY INFO,ONLY ABOUT BANJO'S.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO. MUCH APPRECIATED..THANKS FROM TONY.

:
: I have got a Sheltone banjo it has a red wood back and an American eagle inbossed in gold on the back can anyone tell me anything about it thank you Ron

: HAVE JUST FOUND A SHELTONE GUITAR..MADE IN GERMANY.CAN'T FIND ANY INFO,ONLY ABOUT BANJO'S.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO. MUCH APPRECIATED..THANKS FROM TONY.

Sheltone 12-string Guitar

Hi Roger,

I too have an old (60's ?) "Sheltone" 12-string guitar with "JAPAN" impressed into the back of the Headstock... It has no other labels or identification marks other than a stuck-on oval label "Sheltone" on the front (top) of the Headstock...

I could do with a replacement machine head as the lowest string tuning mechanism has failed... after a recent drop..

If an original part is no longer available... can you suggest a web-site that sells guitar parts (for old Guitars)... that might have a suitable replacement...

Not adverse to purchasing both machine heads (low and high strings)... to keep the look intact....

Regards

David

: : HAVE JUST FOUND A SHELTONE GUITAR..MADE IN GERMANY.CAN'T FIND ANY INFO,ONLY ABOUT BANJO'S.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO. MUCH APPRECIATED..THANKS FROM TONY.
Tony, I can't help you with any info, but I have just acquired a 1960s (I think) Sheltone 12-string guitar which clearly has "Japan" impressed onto the back of the head-stock (not a stuck-on label)! So, it looks as though the name Sheltone has been used by various odd manufactures or, more likely, suppliers/distributors in possibly several different countries over the years. I have also seen this with other brand names. I am still researching mine & if I find out anything more, I'll let you know. Equally, if you find something, perhaps you'll let me know!
Regards, Roger Clarke.

: : : HAVE JUST FOUND A SHELTONE GUITAR..MADE IN GERMANY.CAN'T FIND ANY INFO,ONLY ABOUT BANJO'S.DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO. MUCH APPRECIATED..THANKS FROM TONY.
: Tony, I can't help you with any info, but I have just acquired a 1960s (I think) Sheltone 12-string guitar which clearly has "Japan" impressed onto the back of the head-stock (not a stuck-on label)! So, it looks as though the name Sheltone has been used by various odd manufactures or, more likely, suppliers/distributors in possibly several different countries over the years. I have also seen this with other brand names. I am still researching mine & if I find out anything more, I'll let you know. Equally, if you find something, perhaps you'll let me know!
: Regards, Roger Clarke.
i have just purchased a sheltone julietta. the label says specialy made in germany for Flecher Coppock and Newman. FCN. who i think are a briitsh distibutor who still trade

the julietta is a 6 string nylon. apears to be 3/4 size. feel good and sounds good. as im new to guitars dont take my word for that, but i like it.

: : : : I have just aquired a 12 string Sheltone 60s. After research looks just like a Harmony Sovereign.A few differences though.Abalone dot to the side not on the fret board.The headstock looks more fancy and rounded.The Harmony has a double bone nut at the bottom,mine has a single.There is no place of origin just a pat.number on the truss rod cover.That speaks volumes.Looks old and 60s looking.The sound hole markings are almost the same and the trapese are exact.I hope someone could help with this.Not worth much I guess but the wood looks great.

Hi there; A couple of years ago I aquired a 3/4 size sheltone guitar, classical style head, with a clear label inside that reads, "SHELTONE Julietta, specially made in Germany for Fletcher, Coppock & Newman Ltd" .
(I believe they either became, or previously were, Bell musical industries.) A Google search revals that they still trade from Tonbridge in Kent.
My Julietta, is of reasonable quality and has a pleasing sound and is very easy to play. It's pretty much in tune with itself when playing higher-up the fret board (A sadly lacking feature of many more modern 'cheaper range' instruments). Brian

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.