Re: Wanted: Airline Guitar

Posted by Eric on Sat, 08/02/08 - 14:44:22.

: :I have one that I am thinking of saling it needs some pick up work or cleaning but its all there. Don't know if your still interested since your email is an old one. I'm getting rid of it because I play acoustic and it was given to me I thought of taking it to my local music store to sale.

: Bob : I have been looking to acquire a vintage Airline Guitar for a while now. If any of you own a mid-sixties Airline guitar, originally sold at Montgomery Wards, please read on. Specifically, I want the red resoglass 'jetsons/angular' body with the white 'gumby' headstock. It has 2 p/u's. PLEASE, if any of you have one, or have any information regarding where I could find one even close to this, please drop me a line. E-mail me or reply to this message. Thanks.

I know this is a very old message but I am interested

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: :I have the guitar your looking for. Jack white model right down to the same knobs. All original except for input jack and 3 way switch. Cosmetically original and an amazing player. Straight, beefy neck with small frets. Also own a silvertone 1485 and a big muff and, yes that is the sound. I Know this is an old post but have to sell the guitar to pay for a 1957 Plymouth I have a deposit on. Contact me if interested.

: : Bob : I have been looking to acquire a vintage Airline Guitar for a while now. If any of you own a mid-sixties Airline guitar, originally sold at Montgomery Wards, please read on. Specifically, I want the red resoglass 'jetsons/angular' body with the white 'gumby' headstock. It has 2 p/u's. PLEASE, if any of you have one, or have any information regarding where I could find one even close to this, please drop me a line. E-mail me or reply to this message. Thanks.

: I know this is a very old message but I am interested

I have a '64 red res-o-glas Airline "Jetsons" guitar ( just like Jack White's) in pretty good shape, appraised recently at $2400 but, looking to get about $1800 or a JMP 100 or 50 as a trade.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.