Les Paul Jumbo

Posted by Butch Cash on Fri, 12/20/02 - 14:21:20.
In Reply to Chabot Guitars

I acuired a hollow body, arched top, round hole, tortiouse guard electric with 5 controls. Gibson Guitar, SN906732 "Les Paul Jumbo" sticker inside. Anybody know about this? Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Les Paul Jumbo

I beg your pardon!!
Send me a photo of 'les paul jumbo' !!!
Please i am a collectionist italian!
thank you!

: I acuired a hollow body, arched top, round hole, tortiouse guard electric with 5 controls. Gibson Guitar, SN906732 "Les Paul Jumbo" sticker inside. Anybody know about this? Thanks

I have on too and am looking for any info on value and how to work the electronics and other info on this guitar.

: : I acuired a hollow body, arched top, round hole, tortiouse guard electric with 5 controls. Gibson Guitar, SN906732 "Les Paul Jumbo" sticker inside. Anybody know about this? Thanks

I have a 1968 LP Jumbo. I have checked with W.Carter at Gibson, the 68's were with an Orange oval inside. They shipped about 3 dozen from the factory. The wiring is about the same as the the "Recording". It's a low imp. guitar. The switch is phase (in&out). the knobs are bass/treble/decade/vol the truss on mine says Custom

: I acuired a hollow body, flat top, round hole, tortiouse guard electric with 5 controls. Gibson Guitar, SN906732 "Les Paul Jumbo" sticker inside. Anybody know about this? Thanks

I know about these guitars.(LP jumbo)
Email me and we can talk. I am interested in where you got it.
Thanks,
Justin

LP Jumbo

Justin, I know that it has been a long time since I posted....................the answer to your question is Manhattan, near 53rd and Broadway

LP Jumbo

Wow. It has been a long time. I just randomly ended up at this site and you just posted your reply 2 months ago. Weird. I still have one. Its a 1970. Still have yours?

Les Paul Jumbo

I'm glad that you still have your Gibson Les Paul Jumbo, Justin. Mine is still with me and has been in it's case since the early 80's. I have several other guitars and really have never played it that much. The action is high for my taste. My renewed interest in it though has prompted me to begin the slow process of relieving the neck some. I'll see how it works out in the next couple of weeks. After the action is lower and if I still am not crazy about it I may try to find it a new home.

Les Paul Jumbo

Hey Butch,

DId you sell your guitar? I am just wondering because I just purchased a LP jumbo with this SN. I wanted to ask you a few questions about it.

:THIS GUITAR IS VERY RARE I HAVE 2
IF YOU WANT TO SELL LET ME KNOW
THX BUD

I have one (Gibson Les Paul Jumbo acoustic electric), it's a 1969 or '70 by the serial number (with Brazilian rosewood back and sides. It has a repaired crack on the lower body and normal laquer checking but other than that it is very nice and completely original with original yellow lined HSC.

- dan

: :THIS GUITAR IS VERY RARE I HAVE 2
: IF YOU WANT TO SELL LET ME KNOW
: THX BUD

I have one of these. I am looking for another. Anyone have one for sale? I've actually had one of these in my house since new in '73. My father had a '73 new. I was born in '74

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.