yamaha model fj-661

Posted by dave hurrie on Fri, 02/15/02 - 17:37:51.
In Reply to Chris B's Music

Can't find any record of this guitar being made, anyone out there know.It is a jumbo accoustic model FJ-661 by Yamaha It is also in mint condition. Thank You

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: yamaha model fj-661

I have a yamaha Fj 661 in rosewood (back and sides) and the top in spruce, the guitar is similar of jonny guitar. I spend for this guitar 750$ used in 2001. Is a rare guitar there are the standard serie model and handcrafted model (rare). The sound is very good the action (perfectly set) so and so..

Yamaha Fj 661

Hi - did you ever find a case for your guitar? I have owned this model since the early 90's. I bought it at the then Yamaha dealer in Hong Kong. A shop called Tom Lee. The original soft guitar case is now sadly past it's best and I would dearly love to replace it. It has always been my favourite guitar and always will be. I play it regularly and will continue to do so despite it's battered bag.

I bought this guitar used at 400euro. The guitar is an handcrafted model by Yamaha in Kaohsiung/Taiwan in 1995.
The features is various, my guitar have the same:
top spruce/fondo-fasce rosewood/fretboard indian rosewood/neck african mahogany, harware diecast gold binding in abalone. There is same version of this guitar type fondo(bottom) and fasce(sides) in mahogany but this version is slow price 300euro used.

I have owned this model Jumbo Acoustic since approximately 1992. I have owned it since new and purchased it for about $600. I can't tell you much more than that.

Hello i to have one of these guitars have you found anything about it as i got it from a freind and carnt find anything about it is it a brian may guitar ?
cheers jon

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.