Ovation volume knob and inside box problem

Posted by Nora on Thu, 07/04/02 - 04:45:41.

I have an acoustic/electric Ovation(1982)and the volume knob moves slightly and the box attached to the knob inside the guitar is loose and moves some (although securely attached to the knob). How can I tighten this up and not have the inside box move. I loosened the set screw on the knob, but could not remove it to see if I could remove the inside box to check it out. I could not remove the knob. Any assistance welcomed.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Ovation volume knob and inside box problem

: I have an acoustic/electric Ovation(1982)and the volume knob moves slightly and the box attached to the knob inside the guitar is loose and moves some (although securely attached to the knob). How can I tighten this up and not have the inside box move. I loosened the set screw on the knob, but could not remove it to see if I could remove the inside box to check it out. I could not remove the knob. Any assistance welcomed.

Nora,
I also have a legend and if I recall correctly, there are TWO set screws on the knob. You need to loosen BOTH of them in order to remove the volume/tone knob. Check the knob closely and see if you find another set screw.

Tim

Re: Ovation volume knob and inside box problem

: : I have an acoustic/electric Ovation(1982)and the volume knob moves slightly and the box attached to the knob inside the guitar is loose and moves some (although securely attached to the knob). How can I tighten this up and not have the inside box move. I loosened the set screw on the knob, but could not remove it to see if I could remove the inside box to check it out. I could not remove the knob. Any assistance welcomed.

: Nora,
: I also have a legend and if I recall correctly, there are TWO set screws on the knob. You need to loosen BOTH of them in order to remove the volume/tone knob. Check the knob closely and see if you find another set screw.

: Tim

Tim,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I double checked the volume knob and also a separate tone knob and there is only one set screw on each. I did totally remove the set screw and the knob still appears to be firmly attached.
Nora

I need tone and volume nobs for my 79 ovation both are cracked

If some one can tell me where to find them that would be cool. The caman web site is a mystery

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.