Re: Gibson ES-347

Posted by Mark Bratcher on Sat, 05/03/03 - 17:50:52.

: I'm looking for a '79 or '80 Gibson ES-347 in sunburst finish in very good to excellent condition. (With OHSC and NOT a factory second!!!) Does anyone have one to sell or know of anyone interested in selling? Thanks in advance.

Just keep your eyes open on eBay and on One will turn up. I see them fairly regularly. They just aren't as populous as the ES-335s.

As an aside, I saw the other reply to the post. The older ES-347's came with Series 7 pickups, which are Dirty Fingers pickups that are covered and potted in the gold covers. Other than that they are the same pickup. However, not long after the ES-347's started production, they went to the Gibson "original humbucker" pickups which aren't nearly as good in my opinion as the Series 7 (or Dirty Fingers). That's what I got in my 1981 ES-347 that I bought from someone through Harmony-Central. If you get one and don't care for the pickups, you can try a set of Seymour Duncan '59s. They aren't real pricey. In fact, you can find them used for about $50 each.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2018 , All Rights Reserved.