C. G. Conn "Drifter" Guitar appraisal

Posted by Tammy on Mon, 06/10/02 - 12:05:19.

Can anyone give me an appraisal on a 6-string acoustic guitar made by C G Conn LTD? It says "Drifter" on it and there is a label on the inside that says:

Model D10
C.G.Conn LTD Oakbrook Illinois
Made in Korea

I'd appreciate any info available.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Conn Model 1000

I have a Conn Model 1000 guitar, it is an excellent condition and I am looking for an appraisal.

The inside sticker says

Model 1000
C.G.Conn LTD Oakbrook Illinois
Made in Korea

Drifter

I have a mint Drifter guitar made in Korea…anyone still out there to discuss the value of this? It is virtually flawless.

Drifter D-25

I have a drifter guitar D-25 says made in Korea like the above post and has a spot that says serial number but with no number. I was looking to see what you could tell me about the guitar. I haven't found any other d25 info and maybe 1 picture of one but I coudnt verify it.

d-20 conn drifter

Hello I am trying to find out what my conn drifter d-20 acoustic gutair is worth. Its in great condition no dents or cracks. Only thing. Bad about it. Is one of the tuneing key broke off while tuneing it . I got it as a birthday present from my birthfather and I dont play it just sits in my closet

Drifter DC 727

I'm looking for information on the Drifter DC 727 Classical. Year built, value. Take Care

Have a C G Conn LTD Model

Have a C G Conn LTD Model 6-31, serial #J1740322. Can you give me information on it and what it would be worth? Thanks Jenny

Conn acoustic

I have an acoustic 1975 Conn pink floyd tribute guitar in good condition and i need to know how much it is worth

DRIFTER NUT

I have one of the Drifters mentioned above. Probably an entry level 70's guitar, but need a replacement part.

Despite being entry level - family guitar, loved by all.

What size nut does it take? Or where can I get the part?

Thanks.

DRIFTER MODEL

Sorry, the model I am asking about is a D28.

Re: C. G. Conn

i also have a drifter guitar but mine is electric and i also need an appraisal

: Can anyone give me an appraisal on a 6-string acoustic guitar made by C G Conn LTD? It says "Drifter" on it and there is a label on the inside that says:

: Model D10
: C.G.Conn LTD Oakbrook Illinois
: Made in Korea

: I'd appreciate any info available.

your CG Conn drifter classical model number DC 747 made in Korea

I personally have been studying researching and collecting little known or mostly under known guitars for almost 40 years now my father and grandfather used to work for CG conn so I have a lot of information that has been lost because of record keeping failures. I believe it was the year 2000 Steinway bought out the remains of CG conn and there were little or no records forwarded or kept or most were destroyed or lost. the most telling thing about your question is the word Korea not North Korea or South Korea but Korea which would represent a time before 1950 when all of the peninsula was known as Korea before the Korean warbroke out which we were involved n and still are armed at each other as the news shows every month and every year.CG conn had contracted with a Korean manufacturerwhich was run and owned by French guitar craftsman that works for Gibson Guitar Company from 1897 up until 1927 when he moved to Korea and started Crafting guitars for c.g.connt he model the drifter was one of the most popular models that they made for connso the answer is the drifter was manufactured from 1927 until 1949 and a plant that became a part of North Korea and it was bombed out of existence and its owner was killed in the same skirmishthis model the drifter was pattern after a student Gibson guitar this there is commonly sold it this particular individual designed and built for Gibson and was sold in Sears and Roebuck stores and also in their catalog as well well as by salesmen that would call on schools with bands. C.f. Conn continued to import guitars from Asia better known as postwar Japan up until 1987depending on date of manufacture and serial number on yourclassical model of a drifter as well as condition this guitar can be worth anywhere from $600 to $6000.the estimated amount of production of this model for me as years in Korea is about 20,000 the expected the survival rate of this model today is less than 700 plus the value has gone up substantially sInce the year 2000 I personally have collected over 200 of this model of the 700 survivingof which all are in excellent to mint condition if anyone is interested I have about 50 of these I would be willing to sell starting in about $4300 and up from there.

edwardmilstead@yahoo.com

Can I buy one please ed8502925094F

Yes, you can buy one --- from me

I have one I will sell you. Very nice specimen of the make. Sounds awesome!

Df

Drifter d28 guitar says cg conn made in Korea pearl inlay this is a nice guitar got at goodwill for 30 bucks it was dirty cleaned it mint cond is it worth anything.

Drifter d 15

I recently bought a drifter model d15 inside stoker was ripped so idk where made any idea on value

My daughter just received an

My daughter just received an excellent condition DC747 to learn on. My father bought it in Mexico in the early 70s qnd it gas been sitting in the case ever since. We have a sticker on the back saying "made in Korea" and the inside states Drifter DC747. Should she even be using this guitar as we may have one if the 700 left?

Drifter Acoustic Guitar model 747 , , oak brook , Illinois

I got this in an antique store great condition case & All I did not pay much but it look and sounds great

Drifter guitar

Thank you for the information. That was very interesting and a great education.

I see you are collecting a lot of the Drifter model DC 747. What's the difference between that and a DC 757 I just ran across? Thank you.

Drifter Appraisal

Hello,
If you're still interested in knowing what the value of your Vintage DRIFTER Guitar is based it is in good condition, NO Cracks, Chips, Holes, Water Damage, Warping or any Major Defects the guitar is from as low as $325 up to $1835.00 if in Excellent Condition.
Many of these guitars are in extremely bad shape. This was mainly due to the low cost of Drifter Guitar s the actual quality and sound were dramatically over looked! There are a few prototypes that were made here in the USA and they are over z$5000 ,if in excellent condition! Great Guitars!!!

C. G. Conn "Drifter" guitar appraisal

The "Drifter" line was the student-grade/beginner guitar line marketed by C.G. Conn from the early 1970's until about 1981. As such they were basically comparable with the entry-level Yamahas.
For the record, they were well constructed for entry-level guitars and did not sound too bad given the fact that, like all entry-level guitars of the era, they had laminate tops.
As for their value, being a student-grade instrument with a laminate top, they really have no value as a vintage guitar.

Re: C. G. Conn "Drifter" Guitar appraisal

Hey lets get a whole bunch real:
I own a Conn Drifter Mod D-30. It's the higher priced model, and it can be bought for around forty dollars (used) at a lot of pawn shops.

: Can anyone give me an appraisal on a 6-string acoustic guitar made by C G Conn LTD? It says "Drifter" on it and there is a label on the inside that says:

: Model D10
: C.G.Conn LTD Oakbrook Illinois
: Made in Korea

: I'd appreciate any info available.

C G Conn Drifter M# DC737 S# 31380-1

The Guitar is in excellent condition. No fading, chips, dings, etc. String tensioning pegs have lost plastic handle (3 of 6). I am interested in what the value is, and what replacement tensioners and possibly round pegs string wraps around.

Conn F15V

I would like to know how much my acoustic is worth.

Conn guitars

I have a CONN acoustic 6-string that I am looking to sell. The label inside: Serial#45780251 Model #F-15 Made in Japan. Does anyone have any idea how much it would be worth? It has steel strings and is in good shape -- it has not been played much in recent years.

Re: C. G. Conn "Drifter" Guitar appraisal

: Hey lets get a whole bunch real:
: I own a Conn Drifter Mod D-20. Is it higher priced model.

: : Can anyone give me an appraisal on a 6-string acoustic guitar made by C G Conn LTD? It says "Drifter" on it and there is a label on the inside that says:

: : Model D20
: : C.G.Conn LTD Oakbrook Illinois
: : Made in Korea

: : I'd appreciate any info available.

Re: C. G. Conn

: : Hey lets get a whole bunch real:
: : I own a Conn Drifter Mod D-20. Is it higher priced model.

: : : Can anyone give me an appraisal on a 6-string acoustic guitar made by C G Conn LTD? It says "Drifter" on it and there is a label on the inside that says:

: : : Model D20
: : : C.G.Conn LTD Oakbrook Illinois
: : : Made in Korea

: : : I'd appreciate any info available.

I have a Model D-25, but no serial number.

Drifter

Hi, Did you receive any responses from anyone on your inquire? I know this is an old blog but you may still be out there. I have a Drifter Acoustic Guitar with the oval label D25 with the starburst color and humingbird pick guard. I bought mine back in the 70s and am just starting to play it now...my problem is that it is very hard on my fingers and I thought maybe I could take it to a guitar shop and have the fret to string height manipulated but I can't find the appropriate height. I looked on the Conn site and noticed their references jump from C to F, without any D listed. I know this is an old blog but you may still be out there.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.