Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2001

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

cheep durum sets

: : i need a cheep drum set for kids for around $50-100 period

Re: $50-$100 drum sets anyone?!?

I need cheep drum sets as wellplease give me a site if you find one...

wow, found some free online lessons that are actually good!

I had to give the link to you guys, some really cool lessons, totally free!
http://guitarmania.digevent.com
thought I'd throw that out if anybody wanted to get a little better.
If you like them, post a reply so people know!

FENDER BLUES DEVILLE

I have a Fender Blues Deville 410.....It has two inputs. Has anyone tried to plug a single guitar through two seperate effects chains into these inputs simultaniously to get a blended sound?

62 Fender Mustang

I gotta 62 Fender Mustang with original tweed case, both are kinda beat up but all original. Any ideas on value?

Re: 62 Fender Mustang

the mustang became availibile in 1964 so there is no such thing

: I gotta 62 Fender Mustang with original tweed case, both are kinda beat up but all original. Any ideas on value?

i say it would be about $450-$750.even though i dont have one i see them used at stores like that much.

: If you would care to send be some pics, both guitar and case, I could quote you a price I would be willing pay, and I usually pay on the high side.

Thanks,
B

!?!?!?!?!?wanted to buy a cheap used bass guitar!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!

i need a very cheap bass guitar......something that plays a tune for under $75......maybe $100.....e-mail me if you know where i can get a new or used bass from s company or from someone private!!!!......thanks a lot!!!
~theo~

Re: !?!?!?!?!?wanted to buy a cheap used bass guitar!!!!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Look at the Kramer Focus bass! It costs 90.00 (plus s+h). Buy it factory direct at www.musicyo.com Plays good, good value.

: i need a very cheap bass guitar......something that plays a tune for under $150......maybe $125.....e-mail me if you know where i can get a new or used bass from s company or from someone private!!!!......thanks a lot!!!
: ~theo~

: : i need a very cheap bass guitar......something that plays a tune for under $50......maybe $100.....e-mail me if you know where i can get a new or used bass from s company or from someone private!!!!......thanks a lot!!!
: : ~theo~

Sub $50 Distortion Pedals

Does anybody have any suggestions for a good distortion pedal for under $50? Being primarily a blues player, I won't be using distortion very much and thus I'm buying a cheap one only to fiddle around with.

I'm currently looking at Kramer DS-1 Distortion, Boss DS-1 Distortion, and Boss OS-1 Overdrive/Distortion. Are those any good? And any other suggestions? Thank you very much.

Re: Sub $50 Distortion Pedals

Check out the Boss Blues Driver, I would recommend that over any of the other boxes. It has some really cool, bluesy overdrive effects.

TAYLOR 712 FOR SALE

TAYLOR 712 FOR SALE

This popular thread has been given its own page : TAYLOR 712 FOR SALE

Edie Gorme-Sabor a Mi

Edie Gorme-Sabor a Mi

This popular thread has been given its own page : Edie Gorme-Sabor a Mi

Ax1000g

I want Ax 1000g patches....

HELP!

sabor a mi from alvaro carillo

Have anybody the tabs from the song sabor a mi
from Carillo?

Re: sabor a mi from alvaro carillo

: DOES anybody HAVE the tabs from the song sabor a mi
: from Carillo?

Anyone know of bass tutorial webpages

I would like to know if there are any web pages covering bass techniques, from beginners upwards

Thanks in advance

Re: Anyone know of bass tutorial webpages

: I would like to know if there are any web pages covering bass techniques, from beginners upwards

: Thanks in advance

try Active Bass - http://www.activebass.com

Found a guitar that compares to a McNaught

I had to drive over 100 miles to hold one, it is a Mansel Apache. Well to make a long story short Mansel was trained by David Thomas McNaught and they still work together on the McNaughts. Also you can only buy it on-line www.manselguitar.com......Pease

Ive always wanted 2 know.........

What guitar is at the top of this webpage???

Teisco model SD4L

Teisco model SD4L

This popular thread has been given its own page : Teisco model SD4L

guitar question

I was wondering if anyone could give me some good, sound advice about purchasing a Strat. If I want to spend around $1000, not any higher, what is the best Strat. I can buy? I really would preferm a sunburst or Olympic White. I'm not sure what to get with all the re-issues and relics and such. THANKS!

Re: guitar question

I would suggest a plain ol' American Standard Strat. You could pick one of those up for around $750. I don't recommend any of the "modified" strats, the relics are nice but the Standard will hold it's value much longer than the others. Plus, when you play a Standard you are playing what is pretty close to the original '54 Strats. If you're gonna play a Strat why not play the real thing. Anyway, that is my view. I have two American Standards and I wouldn't trade them for any Plus, Deluxe, Custom, or Relic. I swear by them! With the money you have left over you could buy a really cool Fender Tweed case to put that wonderful Strat in. Just a suggestion. I hope this helps and have fun shopping!!!

fills

Iwant to learn to play fills inbetween lyrics during a song, any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated

Re: fills

: Iwant to learn to play fills inbetween lyrics during a song, any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated

Jim,
I would suggest, if you know your chords and scales well enough, that you simply sing to yourself the type of fill that is in your head. Once you have the idea clear you can proceed to to apply it to the song and the guitar. I typically had only a few fills to a song to keep notes from getting crowded. Be sure that what you plays sounds right (don't be entirley concerned with the theory BE HARMONICALLY FREE!) Hendrix, clapton, Allman Brothers.. are all good sources of the ypes of licks that I think of as fills.
HTH

Telecaster plan

Who can help me, I'm looking for a plan to build my own telecaster.

what are they?

I currently play the acoustic, and I'm looking to go into electric, but I absoulutly know nothing about them. First off, what is a humbucker? What's the difference between having 1 or 2? What are pick ups. I saw this guitar online that says it's a semi-hollow-body acoustic-electric. Does that mean that you can play it like an acoustic, but can also play it as a electric? It also says it has a mini humbucker, what's the difference between a mini and a regular??? Thanks

Re: what are they?

First, a humbucker looks like two single coil pickups wrapped together. Essentially, that is what it is. The pickups are wound in opposite directions to prevent the hum that is so common in single coil pickups. These are mainly used in rock guitar because of the thick, warm tones they produce. Sometimes you will see a guitar with one or two humbuckers (or single coils). If there is just one it is generally in the bridge position to give a bright, high output tone. When there is two. One is in the bridge position and one in the neck position. The neck pickup gives a smooth, warm, kind of mellow tone used mostly in jazz and blues. These also function well as rhythm pickups. Pickups are what turns the vibration of the strings into sound. The pickups are basically magnets with copper wire wrapped around them. When a string is plucked, the magnets pick up the vibration of the string and then send the signal to the amp and then the amp boosts the signal into audible levels. As for your acoustic-electric question, generally true acoustics are hollow body not semi-hollow. There are those that are though. They can be played as acoustic but they won't have near as much volume or tone as a hollow. The body is not on solid block of wood, rather, it contains hollow chambers to produce the natural acoustic tones. They ar plugged in to get the amplified acoustic-electric tones. I hope this makes sense to you since you say you don't know anything about electrics. As far as the mini humbucker goes, it is a humbucking pickup that is the size of a single coil pickup. Alot of people replace the single coil bridge pickup in Strat-style guitars (generally cut for three single coils) with mini humbuckers to give the guitar a beefier sound without having to modify the pickup holes. I hope this isn't too confusing for you and I hope I've been able to help a little.

slides

i wanna know what, if any, differences there are between glass and metal slides. i wanna get one

Re: slides

Slides are cheap, buy one of each....glass tends to be a little warmer sounding (think Duane Allman) and metal is a little slicker and treblier (Johnny Winter). I personally like a thick glass slide, but that's just my preference.

: i wanna know what, if any, differences there are between glass and metal slides. i wanna get one

WTB a YAMAHA REX-50

Hi
I would like to buy a used Yamaha Rex-50 digital multi effector.
Thanks
Alain

Re: WTB a YAMAHA REX-50

: Hi
: I would like to buy a used Yamaha Rex-50 digital multi effector.
: Thanks
: Alain

I have one of these and would like to find a manual for it.
Mike

Could someone PLEASE tell me what the difference between an active and passive humbucker is?????

I've only been playing for 4 months, so i'm not sure what this means. Thanks for your help.

Re: Could someone PLEASE tell me what the difference between an active and passive humbucker is?????

The difference is quite simple. A passive humbucker is what most guitars contain. The tone knob only brings out the treble when turned up, that is all it does. If you notice when you turn the tone all the way down it kind of muddies up. An active humbucker has a battery to accompany it. This provides the tone controls to either boost or cut frequencies. If you turn the tone knob up it boosts the treble frequencies. When you turn it down you gradually cut the frequencies and when you turn it all the way down some of the frequencies are completely cut out. Sometimes active systems can create some noise in you system and the batteries tend to not last very long but they can be useful. I hope this helps a little.

Re: Could someone PLEASE tell me what the difference between an active and passive humbucker is?????

Hi,
The way a pickup works is the strings pasas through the pickups magnetic field and is converted to electric current. The passive pick up stops there.
The word active, in electronics, is something that amplifies. An active pickup actually amplifies the signal by sending it through a preamp. That is what the battery is for.
There is much debate on which sounds better. Try em both out and decide.

Hope this helps.

Jj

passives are guess what? Passive! ill bet u can tell what actives are! Active!

Funk

I have a gibson SG guitar and I try very hard to play clean sounds as they are used in Funkmusik.
Do you have an idea which guitars are more suitable for this type of music?

Re: Funk

Back in the day,Strats and Teles were used a lot.But any guitar can be used for funk.The trick is tweaking your amp to get the bright,clear sounds needed.Glenn Goines(Parliament)used a Gibson L6-S and SG's.While Gary Shider was known for using Stratocasters.Tweaking is the key.
Good Luck

for ALL line6 POD user: read this

how much would you spend (in $ or euros) bor a box that, connected via MIDI to POD, will give you the possibility to connect two expression pedals and a on/off pedal switch (not included in the box price), in order to act on volume, wha, and wha on/off?

Re: for ALL line6 POD user: read this

: how much would you spend (in $ or euros) bor a box that, connected via MIDI to POD, will give you the possibility to connect two expression pedals and a on/off pedal switch (not included in the box price), in order to act on volume, wha, and wha on/off?

Are you offering one or planning to build one commercially? I would be interested.
Midi Solutions do a box for US$129 but that has no pedal - you just plug in a volume pedal.
For what it involves I would pay about $25- otherwise I would build one.

'75 Fender Bassman

Hey. I'm looking for a guitar amp and I stumbled across a '75 Fender Bassman with all of it's original parts(aside from the tubes). The guy is asking a cheap price for it. I would like to know if it would be good for my style ( I play from light rock to the heaviest of metals).
I would be using a guitar through it because it has small voice coils, and it is supposed to sound better with guitar.

Elementary School Guitar Method With A Teacher Manu al

I have posted this message before.. does anyone know of such a method?
What about schools who do not have a regular music teacher but the students would like to learn to play the guitar individually and in a guitar band?

Screamingfingers.com launches E-Book creation service/ marketing and distribution portal for unpubli

Los Angeles, -- Screamingfingers.com, an online Music store and distribution portal for musicians today announced its
establishment of a new E-Book MSP (marketplace service provider) for unpublished music authors. Music authors who
have been unsuccessful in obtaining book-publishing deals now have a new resource for digital publication and
distribution.

“E-Books are the perfect vehicle for authors to distribute their work not only in the United States, but internationally in
less than the click of a mouse, said David Schroeder, the companys’ CEO. “Plus”, Schroeder Stated, “All the
conventional costs such as printing, binding, postage and handeling are eliminated! Traditionally, if you were not lucky
enough to be published by one of the major publishing houses you either remained unpublished or traveled down the
self-publishing road, utilizing a vanity press, which was an expensive process”.

Schroeder added, “We don’t care who you are, if you have a music manuscript that you want published, not only will
we publish it online, we’ll give you an open market place to sell it as well. The final judge will be the consumer, not the
editor.” Recent experiments by authors who publish and market their own work online have shown excellent financial
returns.

Screamingfingers.com E-Book releases also have an interactive community feature built into the digitally produced
publications. Consumers can offer comments, new ideas, or ask for help on difficult sections of the instructional
materials, allowing the new author to communicate with his audience and to build a following for new and future
releases.

To schedule an interview or get more information, including an E-Book review copy call (818) 838-4677 day or evening.

ABOUT Screamingfingers.comFounded in 1996, Los Angeles, CA. –based Screamingfingers.com is a well-established
online music store for selling musical equipment, accessories, and instructional materials for musicians.
Screamingfingers.com is also a marketplace service provider (MSP) for published and unpublished music authors.

For Additional Information, Please Contact:

David Schroeder
Screamingfingers.com
http://www.screamingfingers.com
818 838 4677
dschroeder@screamingfingers.com

Screamingfingers.com launches E-Book creation service/ marketing and distribution portal for unpubli

Los Angeles, -- Screamingfingers.com, an online Music store and distribution portal for musicians today announced its
establishment of a new E-Book MSP (marketplace service provider) for unpublished music authors. Music authors who
have been unsuccessful in obtaining book-publishing deals now have a new resource for digital publication and
distribution.

“E-Books are the perfect vehicle for authors to distribute their work not only in the United States, but internationally in
less than the click of a mouse, said David Schroeder, the companys’ CEO. “Plus”, Schroeder Stated, “All the
conventional costs such as printing, binding, postage and handeling are eliminated! Traditionally, if you were not lucky
enough to be published by one of the major publishing houses you either remained unpublished or traveled down the
self-publishing road, utilizing a vanity press, which was an expensive process”.

Schroeder added, “We don’t care who you are, if you have a music manuscript that you want published, not only will
we publish it online, we’ll give you an open market place to sell it as well. The final judge will be the consumer, not the
editor.” Recent experiments by authors who publish and market their own work online have shown excellent financial
returns.

Screamingfingers.com E-Book releases also have an interactive community feature built into the digitally produced
publications. Consumers can offer comments, new ideas, or ask for help on difficult sections of the instructional
materials, allowing the new author to communicate with his audience and to build a following for new and future
releases.

To schedule an interview or get more information, including an E-Book review copy call (818) 838-4677 day or evening.

ABOUT Screamingfingers.comFounded in 1996, Los Angeles, CA. –based Screamingfingers.com is a well-established
online music store for selling musical equipment, accessories, and instructional materials for musicians.
Screamingfingers.com is also a marketplace service provider (MSP) for published and unpublished music authors.

For Additional Information, Please Contact:

David Schroeder
Screamingfingers.com
http://www.screamingfingers.com
818 838 4677
dschroeder@screamingfingers.com

Any comments on the Hohner MC05 Classic guitar?

Any comments on the Hohner MC05 Classic guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Any comments on the Hohner MC05 Classic guitar?

Ted Nugent Tabs

I'm in need of some tabs for Ted Nugent's new albulm, Spirit of the Wild.
Any of them will do!
(I've already found Fred Bear!)

Re: Ted Nugent Tabs

sorry aint got any of them but have you got tabs for stranglehold??

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.