Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2003

Archive for posts from August, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Baldwin split sound Jazz Guitar w/ case 4 sale

Baldwin split sound Jazz Guitar w/ case 4 sale
ebay Item number: 2548247451

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2548247451&category=2384&rd=1

1971 Fleta Guitar

I have an 1971 Fleta Guitar that I would like too sell. I am the original owner & have the original letter in Spainish from Sr. Fleta when I purchaced. If anyone is interested I will give pictures & details. The price is $20000 min. I live in Huntsville, Alabama USA and if anyone would like to exam the guitar at my home this would be O.K. Have not played in years since I begin playing the Lute. The guitar is in excellence conditon with no cracks. French polish on the back is worn somewhat and some string dents on the front.

Ibanez Headstock Blueprint

Does anyone have the exact blueprint of an Ibanez wizard headstock? i just bought a neck with a paddle headstock, and want to make it look like an ibanez! Thx in advance.

Amp / Guitar Buzz!!! HELP

It's late here, I'm pissed, sleepy and confused. I tried figuring out for the past few hours why my amp and guitar buzz. First, my guitar is a Barracuda (cheap guitar) and my amp is a Fender, kinda cheap too. When I turned on my amp alone without my guitar there was a very little buzz. When I put the distortion on the buzz was even bigger. I asked a friend I know who's kinda good at guitar. He said to ground my amp (new to me). So I grounded my amp and now the buzz WITHOUT my guitar plugged gone. Then I plug my guitar, put distortion and I hear an annoying buzz, coming from my guitar I guess. At this point I don't know what to do. If someone could help I would be grateful.

Re: Amp / Guitar Buzz!!! HELP

This is a wild guess but you neck may have a fret problem if its from the guitar othewise your speaker may be clipped or blown?

Re: Amp / Guitar Buzz!!! HELP

There's alot of reasons it would buzz when the guitar is plugged in. I had that same problem with my first Fender Champ15.

1. You could be to close to the amp. Those small amps usually don't have good noise reduction or anything.

2. You could be near a t.v., computer or some other kind of electronic something or another. The magnetic fields that come off from these sort of things interfere with the guitar, but not usually the amp.

3. You're guitar volume could be on 10 which usually picks up almost everything on, in and around the guitar (mine does anyways) or the gain might be too high. When i had that amp, i kept the gain around 5 or 6, and kept the mid's down to about 5. Cutting down the mid's makes your guitar sound less "pushed out" and it kinda covers up the buzzing a bit. And I would keep the volume knob on the guitar to about 7 or 8, max.

What have I got?

I need some assistance identifying what my Charvel guitar is, please... it's maybe a silly question, but I'm looking to sell it so really need to know what it is.
It's a Charvel, as mentioned, bolt-on neck with a six-digit serial no. - or at least I think it's six, as there's a small "dot" after the first two digits. Head is "triangular" and downward pointing. All hardware is black. No shark fins on the fretboard. One double and two single pick-ups, five position selector. Licensed from Floyd Rose bridge and tremelo arm. In red finish, and a rosewood fretboard (I think)... does anyone have similar or an idea what model/year it is? I'm presuming it's Japanese origin/era. Thanks in advance!

Re: What have I got?

Sounds like either a Charvel Model A, or Traditional to me. Except for the triangular head thing...does it look sort of like a Stratocaster head? With a curve on the downward part? Cause that does look kind of triangular.

Lotus Bass Guitar

The bassist in my band has a Lotus P-Bass and we have recently started to refinish and we believe that the body is made of some sort of plastic. Could anyone disprove or confirm or discovery? Please email me.

Looking for Mariah Carey's "Never Too Far" chords

please email me the chords/guitar tabs of "nevcer too far". thanks!

Re: Looking for Mariah Carey's "Never Too Far" chords

try

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/f_show_song.php3?id=1613

Learning Atkins, Travis finger style playing.

I know some of the basics, and can work with my thumb, and next 3 fingers. However, I donot have time to get with others, and have limited time alone. What could be suggested to help me improve to competent status.

Thanks for any reccomendations, and suggestions.

Dr. J.

Re: Learning Atkins, Travis finger style playing.

:mel bay had an excellent book on travis style picking written by merle's cousin tommy flint who taught guitar here in indppls years ago. i dont know if tmmy is still alive or not. but maybe you could find a book on ebay about it. good luck

: :mel bay had an excellent book on travis style picking written by merle's cousin tommy flint who taught guitar here in indppls years ago. i dont know if tmmy is still alive or not. but maybe you could find a book on ebay about it. good luck

Thanks my friend. I appreciate the info. I didn't know about Tommy Flint. Have a great day!

Dr. J.

Hi, i am a host on guitartricks.com, my name is terry couch, i do personal videos, i give lessons on that site and if you want a personal video i can make you one and send it to you and explain everything, i can do the atkins style or country style in general, i charge $20.00 for a video but if money is a problem dont weary about that i will fix you one anyway, just go to www.guitartricks.com and click on my name, video is the best way to learn where you can see what they are doing, see u there.

: Hi, i am a host on guitartricks.com, my name is terry couch, i do personal videos, i give lessons on that site and if you want a personal video i can make you one and send it to you and explain everything, i can do the atkins style or country style in general, i charge $20.00 for a video but if money is a problem dont weary about that i will fix you one anyway, just go to www.guitartricks.com and click on my name, video is the best way to learn where you can see what they are doing, see u there.

Dear Terry,
Thanks a million for your reponse to my need. I'm going to pull up your "Guitartricks" address, and talk with you further if you don't mind.
Again, thanks, and I do sincerely appreciate you offer to help me. Have a great day! Taalk at'cha later.
Dr. J.

: Hi, i am a host on guitartricks.com, my name is terry couch, i do personal videos, i give lessons on that site and if you want a personal video i can make you one and send it to you and explain everything, i can do the atkins style or country style in general, i charge $20.00 for a video but if money is a problem dont weary about that i will fix you one anyway, just go to www.guitartricks.com and click on my name, video is the best way to learn where you can see what they are doing, see u there.

Terry, can you contact me at my email address? I looked for a way to contact you through your site at WWW.guitartricks.com, and found no way to make contact, or send a message.

I would like to ask you some questions regarding your offer, course, etc. Thanks!

Raleigh (Dr. J.)

ralieghd@yahoo.com

epiphone NV390 acoustic guitar

I can't find this model and want to know how much it's worth. It is a 6 string acoustic with a shell inlay. Soes anybody know what this might be worth?

epiphone guitar

Does it have the oval hole? If it is in good shape I might be interested.

TOM DELONGES AMP SETTINGS

what are the exact settings for tom delonges amps?

Re: TOM DELONGES AMP SETTINGS

for which song(s) ?

My personal favorite is off though

: what are the exact settings for tom delonges amps?

Most common amp settings that Tom uses!

: for which song(s) ?

: My personal favorite is off though
set the gain on 2 and the master volume on 10

: : what are the exact settings for tom delonges amps?

Is the Fender DG16-12E a good choice?

I'm looking for a 12 string Acoustic/Electric, and I found that the Fender DG16-12E is a pretty cheap one. I'm wondering if it a good one? I'm not a pro, but I kinda learn by myself.(Dunno what level I could be!) I'd love to go with a 12 now. Is it a good guitar for around 300$?

guitar tab

does any body know the tab for brand new start, paul weller?

Re: guitar tab

Check guitartabs.cc or e-tabs.org

converting

I'm looking for some information on converting an acoustic guitar in to an acoustic electric. Please reply if you have any knowledge of this

Re: converting

You just need an (acoustic) pickup and preamp, there are so many out there, L R Baggs and Fishman are 2 good vendors, but alot depends on the guitar, tone, and price range you are looking for. Just go to any major online music site, or harmonycentral (for reviews) to browse around and get an idea of whats out there... then go to a music store w/your guitar and try some out.

: I'm looking for some information on converting an acoustic guitar in to an acoustic electric. Please reply if you have any knowledge of this

Re: converting

the easiest way is to buy a Fishman Neo pickup... put it in the sound hole, tighten (no too much) two little screws, plug it into an amp or PA, and start playing. You don't even have to remove the strings. the BEST way is to have a Martin Thinline under the saddle pickup installed. it's best if a qualified shop does the work as it requires drilling a couple of holes and changing the strings. the martin comes with a pre-amp, and is more costly. i have one of each, and like them both very much. the advantages of the soundhole pickup is #1 cost, and #2 it's portable from guitar to guitar. i only put it in when i'm gigging, the rest of the time, it's in the tube that i got it in. alos, i use it on any of my three guitars that haven't the martin installed (yet)!!

Any Question about Classical Guitar -G85A

I 'd like to know the country where old classical guitar "Yamaha G85A" made from(Japan or Taiwan). And please review its quality (especially sound ),too
Thanks

Re: Any Question about Classical Guitar -G85A

it is made in Timbuktu. Worth $52,300 new.

J&D guitars

I tried a J&D Les Paul in a guitar store and I just wondering, is it smaller than the gibson or is it just as the gibson anyone who knows?

Re: J&D guitars

i got a j&D and it f***ing rocks

: I tried a J&D Les Paul in a guitar store and I just wondering, is it smaller than the gibson or is it just as the gibson anyone who knows?

: I would like to know more about J&D Brothers Electirc Guitar Les Paul

distortion and humbuckers

is the distorted sound of a guitar mostly a matter of humbuckers and effects used or does the whole construction(eg.materials)affect it as well?

Re: distortion and humbuckers

It's the whole enchilada. Materials in various combinations will give you anything from the warm-n-fuzzy sound to chunky ballsy. A bright powerful humbucker will sound mellow and warm if you combine it with certain woods, while a warm humbucker can sound high and twangy if you combine other materials. As far as effects, good effects work with the guitar and sound good. Crappy effects don't really care about the signal, harmonics, or tone and make nearly every guitar sound the same...and crappy. Hope this helps a little.

Value my Les aul

I am trying to get a value on my Custom, Honey burst Gibson 76, 54 re issue, Les Paul. Any idea of it's value?

Re: Value my Les aul

take it to your local Gibson/Epi dealer, they'll tell you based upon condition. and it shouldn'tcost you anything.

Notes in chord

I was just wondering what notes are in the chord of E flat dominant seven.

Re: Notes in chord

: I was just wondering what notes are in the chord of E flat dominant seven.

To find the notes of a dominant 7, write out the scale of the root. For Eb, that's:

Eb-F-G-Ab-Bb-C-D-Eb

Then take the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and b7th of the scale. You get:

Eb-G-Bb-Db

This works for every key.

You can learn more about chord structures from lots of books... I recommend "Music Theory for Guitarists" (available from Amazon and other sites) but then, I wrote it :)

Tom

i have the last guild x-100 bladerunner made

i want to sell this guitar because i am moving and my wife wants me to get rid of it. I was curious what it might sell for or how i might go about selling it. it was made in the year where 91 of them are made.I believe that was 1984 or something. I have the last version of it. This guitar is in mint condition. There is absouletly nothing wrong with it. It has been in a case for 10 years. It has only been played a few times. please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks for your time. -matt

Re: i have the last guild x-100 bladerunner made

your best bet is to check with your local music store, they have books telling you the value. Then, send me an e mail and tell me what you want for it. :-)

LAST GUILD X-100 BLADERUNNER MADE

i want to sell this guitar because i am moving and my wife wants me to get rid of it. I was curious what it might sell for or how i might go about selling it. it was made in the year where 91 of them are made.I believe that was 1984 or something. I have the last version of it. This guitar is in mint condition. There is absouletly nothing wrong with it. It has been in a case for 10 years. It has only been played a few times. Any information about the guitar would be greatly apprecieted. please get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks for your time. -matt

Re: LAST GUILD X-100 BLADERUNNER MADE

Do you still have this guitar ???

Boogie 2/90

Anyone up on tube substitutions for the 2/90. Seems like a waste to have the same 6l6 sound out of both sides. Any experiance with triaxis 12ax7 tubes that don't go microphonic so easily?

epiphone junior model sc

How much can i expect to get for this guitar, the bridge has been replaced with a better one and the neck has been shaved, lost the serial number, its red sunburst, with the p-90 pickup.

John Kasha

Hey,I know John Kasha used to visit here.I have a Kasha Rockmod 1+2 and one needs repair.John,if your still around I saw you may build a custom one,I would definitely be interested,I love the tone of these pres.Please get back if you are still around,and thanks for building a great pre.

Wiring Diagram for Cimar Fender Jazz Bass (copy)

Hi,

I'm rebuilding the above beast but found that some idiot had been let loose with a soldering iron (inside it) and so it's a no goer, though the pickups and pots work fine...anyone know how to wire and willing to tell?

PT

Re: Wiring Diagram for Cimar Fender Jazz Bass (copy)

: Hi,

I have one of these and have just rewired it fitting new pots.

I picked up the wiring diagram from the following
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/diagrams/oem/jbass.html

And this works fine. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll try and help.

: PT

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.