Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2003

Archive for posts from August, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

washburn D-18 d limited...handmade... label?

I have found a washburn D-18d limited...handmade... in a pawn shop for $180. It sounds great and the action is perfect. can you tell me anything about this guitar?

marshall amp settings

marshall amp settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : marshall amp settings

Ibanez Deluxe 59'er model

wondering if anyone had any info on this model, availability,etc.

Re: Ibanez Deluxe 59'er model

I have a 1975 Ibanez Deluxe 59'er. It is all original and I play it every day. It has been going out of tune lately because it needs new machine heads. I am trying to find replacements, but have had a hard time finding replacements that will fit exactly. I don't want to mess it up. If you, our anyone has an idea where I can order replacement machine head that are replicas of those on my 59'er. Please let me know. My email address is frankg@secretagentsband.com

Schecter C-1 Classic truss rod

Does anyone know if the C-1 Classic has a dual action truss rod? I recently bought one and it didn't have quite enough relief for me, so I decided to loosen the truss rod a bit. Anyway, when I went to do it, it only went about a quarter turn then it got real loose. I decided to turn a little more and it started to get tight. Not like it was at the end of the threads or anything, it was still turning fairly easily but it had tension again. I've never had a guitar with a dual action truss rod and wasn't sure if that's what this guitar has or if maybe there is something wrong with it. I've searched and searched and can't find any info about it. I know some of the other Schecter models have them but wasn't sure about this one. Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Schecter C-1 Classic truss rod

: Does anyone know if the C-1 Classic has a dual action truss rod? I recently bought one and it didn't have quite enough relief for me, so I decided to loosen the truss rod a bit. Anyway, when I went to do it, it only went about a quarter turn then it got real loose. I decided to turn a little more and it started to get tight. Not like it was at the end of the threads or anything, it was still turning fairly easily but it had tension again. I've never had a guitar with a dual action truss rod and wasn't sure if that's what this guitar has or if maybe there is something wrong with it. I've searched and searched and can't find any info about it. I know some of the other Schecter models have them but wasn't sure about this one. Any input would be appreciated.
it does have one

Free downloads available

Free downloads are available at http://stage.vitaminic.com/marie_preston2/

Help Me Please

I DownLoaded The GUITAR V4.0 Off Of Imush BUT I Cant Open It With Out The ID And Numbers It Says Its ON The Box But I Dont Have It So Im LOST If Some One Could Help Me Please It Would Be Great My E-Mail Is
---PerfectStoner@HotMail.Com--- If You Could Help I Would Thank You SO Many Times

guitar

i have a 1964 dynamic fender vibrato mustange guitar and i was wondering what its worth

Yamaha guitar FG Stella

This is an early 1970's model made by the Harmony Co. of Chicago, Il

Buying a secondhand Multieffects Guitar Pedal Boss ME-30 versus Korg AX100g

I am a first time buyer, so I dont know What's the difference, between these two!

curcuit diagram

Do anyone know if I can find circuit diagram
for a Peavey Rage 158 on the net?

Re: curcuit diagram

: Do anyone know if I can find circuit diagram
: for a carlsbro model scorpion power amplifer 150w

Guild D-35

I have a guild d 35 Serial # 115997 and wonder what year it was made and any worth? thanks.

Re: Guild D-35

: I have a guild d 35 Serial # 115997 and wonder what year it was made and any worth? thanks.
I do not know what it is worth, but Iam looking for a
D 35 (Red). May want to buy yours.
Let me know how much
Thanks Paul

pedals

If anyone has any recomendations of good guitar effect pedals id be very grateful.

Re: pedals

: If anyone has any recomendations of good guitar effect pedals id be very grateful.

BOSS make excellent pedals and so do MXR (but they're more expensive) totally depends on what type of music you play but I would recommend Boss as very reliable good quality pedals

Re: pedals

first of all you diddnt specify what sort of pedal u wanted. but i have got quite a range of pedals e.g boss,marshall, morly and RAT. It also depends on what style you are in to e.g blues,rock,jazz etc. post an e-mail to me whenever you are not busy and i can tell whats good and whats not!

AND REMEMBER ROCK DON'T SUCK COCK!

Stagg Guitars

Hello there !

Is somebody out there who can tell me who build Stagg-Guitars. I would be very lucky about the Adress of this guy !!!

Best Regarts from Germany, and 1000 Thanx
Axel

Re: Stagg Guitars

HI,
I heard that these guitars are made in China but labeled as a Benelux product.That is all I have heard of.Which model did you try and did you like it?I was impressed with the stratocaster model with metalic colours and maple neck ,3 single coils.The neck was a light V-shape and the joint with a body looked as a Fender custom shop job,the sound was better than USA standard strat and the hum was much much better resolved.Hope I helped.
Have a nice day.
Roberto
: Hello there !

: Is somebody out there who can tell me who build Stagg-Guitars. I would be very lucky about the Adress of this guy !!!

: Best Regarts from Germany, and 1000 Thanx
: Axel

Check out their website www.staggmusic.com

: HI,
: I heard that these guitars are made in China but labeled as a Benelux product.That is all I have heard of.Which model did you try and did you like it?I was impressed with the stratocaster model with metalic colours and maple neck ,3 single coils.The neck was a light V-shape and the joint with a body looked as a Fender custom shop job,the sound was better than USA standard strat and the hum was much much better resolved.Hope I helped.
: Have a nice day.
: Roberto
: : Hello there !

: : Is somebody out there who can tell me who build Stagg-Guitars. I would be very lucky about the Adress of this guy !!!

: : Best Regarts from Germany, and 1000 Thanx
: : Axel

Hello, I work in a music store, in the U.S. We recently had a Stagg representative stop in to see if we wanted to become a Stagg guitar/bass dealer. He told us that the instruments were made in China, but the company is Belgium. He brouht some sample instuments for us to try. Good quality for a low to mid priced instrument. The only other thing I can tell you is that I wrote down two web addresses. Here they are, I hope this helps. www.emdmusic.com & emd@emdmusic.com Good Luck.

Cort maybe?

Hello Axel,

here is the site -------> http://www.staggmusic.com/

Viele Grüße
Arnd from Cologne

: Hello there !

: Is somebody out there who can tell me who build Stagg-Guitars. I would be very lucky about the Adress of this guy !!!

: Best Regarts from Germany, and 1000 Thanx
: Axel

Honor tabs

Hail!!!
I'm searching tabs of the metal band from poland Honor.
Can you give me links?

How much can i sell a Laney TF100 for?

Its about a yr old in perfect condition. Im not asking you to buy i just wanna know how much its worth.

Re: How much can i sell a Laney TF100 for?

They sell new for about £200 (I dunno, $300?) so I would say £100-£140 depending on condition

Re: How much can i sell a Laney TF100 for?

: Its about a yr old in perfect condition. Im not asking you to buy i just wanna know how much its worth.
I've just bought one out of the local paper for my daughter. The amp is one year old, pristine condition and I paid his asking price of £70

Identifying Guitars

I bought a Guitar from a Pawnshop for $50. It is a apple red Squire Stratocaster made in India. The reason I question this is because for one it sounds great, even better than some of the new fender guitars. And second I think the neck might have been replaced because of a broken truss rod or something. HOW DO YOU IDENTIFY A GUITAR IF THE NECK AND SERIAL # IS REPLACED?

Washburn wonderbar lockdown

How do I lock the tremolo to not use the whammy bar ? ? ?

Re: Washburn wonderbar lockdown

: How do I lock the tremolo to not use the whammy bar ? ? ?

g'day mate...i wouldn't have a clue about not lockin the tremolo...but would you be able to send me some pics of the bridge to my email address? thanks

Re: Washburn wonderbar lockdown

: How do I lock the tremolo to not use the whammy bar ? ? ?

There is a tension adjustment allen screw on the side of the bridge. If you adjust it tight enough the bridge pulls back against the strings 100% so its locked in place... unless you really push the bar down. Normally this adjustment screw lets you set it to tighten or slacken the strings. Unlike many vibrato bridges the wonderbar is very stable and controllable.

1968 Gibson ES-175-D

Hi, I have a '68 Gibson ES-175D in factory black w/ oshc. 100% original in ex+ condition. I'm wondering if anyone could recomend an appraisial site so I can get a ballpark value? This may be something I trade at some point. Thanks, -Daniel

Re: 1968 Gibson ES-175-D

Check with Gruhn Guitars...George Gruh will give you an appraisal.

making a relic guitar

making a relic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : making a relic guitar

request for different used guitar resale value

greetings to all musicians out there!
I am thinking about posting my guitars for sale on ebay, and was searching a consensus on resale price tag. All items are used. An epiphone les paul with gibson tag, with complimentary strap and sticker on the guitar minor scratches. Fender dg-11e blk accoustic/electric, the electric plug is loose minor scratches. Yamaha fg-340 accoustic old strings. I welcome all constructive advises and is grateful for your help.

Re: request for different used guitar resale value

well, as for the lp, i hope that the sticker your refering to isnt on the body of the guitar, as that would greatly reduce its resale price. i would think of a reserve of about 275-300. be sure to specify what type of pickups are on it, as they offer a few different types. For the accoustic fender, you couldnt hope on making too much money off of that one. it sells for about 200 online, and with about 30 dollars shipping to add, people would be unrealistic to buy one used for much more than 100-130, because they could just buy a new one. then with the electronic problems, which are pricey to fix, it lowers the price considerably. if you cannot find a buyer, however, i happen to be looking for an acoustic such as that one, and if you would like an offer you can feel free to email me pics at MILLIMETERCREED@yahoo.com. as for the yamaha, im not sure, to be honest. good luck with your ebaying, and i am experienced with selling guitars on ebay if you have any questions.

fg yamaha

hi i have seen the fg 340 yamaha going for anywere for 295 to 305 thats mint with hard shell case and no repairs or cracks it really depends on condtion ....i have the fg 345 and i am looking to buy a 340 if you want to sell it without posting it on ebay please drop me a line at willeye474@cs.com and let me know the shape its in and price you want..thanks pamela

Re: request for different used guitar resale value

: greetings to all musicians out there!
: I am thinking about posting my guitar for sale on ebay, and was searching a consensus on resale price tag. All items are used. A Fender Stratocaster- original price= $2930.99. Black Maple fretboard. How much is it now??

Vintage Electric Steel Guitar

I have an old electric steel guitar with the number S265 stamped on the top of the neck. Someone said this might be a Supro. (My dad thought it might be Rickenbacker). Does anyone know what this guitar is by this number and would you know the value? Thanks

el degas guitar

el degas guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : el degas guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2022 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.