Re: History of Gibson guitar co.

Posted by Jeffery D. Roe on Tue, 02/27/01 - 16:58:37.

: I have a guitar made by O.H.Gibson dated Aug12,1897 Kalamazoo,Mi. I am trying to find some history on Mr. Gibson and his company. I'd appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hi,
I'm wanting to track down the scale length of the 1929 gibson L5. I've got 24 1/4, 24 3/4 and 24 5/8, from 3 differant sources.
If you could help out at all it would be greatly appricieated.
Thanks Tim Wright.

You have a vintage guitar that could have some value. I am going to give you the phone number of the owner of Vintage Rockers in Salt Lake City that you could talk with, and he could probably tell you what it is worth. (801)483-9453. His name is Jerry, and he is, in my opiniion give you an honest value on it. Tell him Jeff refered you....

The Gibson Guitar was developed in 1894 by a Mr. Orivlle Gibson in Kalamazoo Mich. He originally started manufacturing mandolins, banjo, and then guitars. There is a new Gibson plant now located in Bute Montana, and the address is 1894 Orville street.

Age of my mandolin

I own #77014 Gibson Jr. mandolin style A-Jr. The mandolin has a plastic guard which has a pat. date of July 4, 1911. What is the manufacturing date of the instrument? Perhaps its approximate value? Jack

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.