I would like to know the history of greco guitar.

Posted by thanit on Mon, 11/08/99 - 07:21:23.

Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible pleas send me and information about that.
Thank you in advance,
Thanit

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I would like to know the history of greco guitar

: Hello I would like to know about the history of my guitar brand "greco". My father bought it from Japan in 1980. Greco Lespaul custom Series number E760692.If possible please send me and information about that.
: Thank you for your kindness: Mr.moo

: Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". My father bought it from Japan . Greco Lespaul custom Series number E760692.If possible please send me and information about that.
: Thank you for: Mr.moo

: Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". My father bought it from Japan . Series number E760692.If possible pleas send me and information about that.
: Thank you in advance,
: Thanit

Re: I would like to know the history of greco guitar.

: Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible pleas send me and information about that.
: Thank you in advance,
: Thanit

: : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible pleas send me and information about that.
: : Thank you in advance,
: : Thanit

Greco guitars (Fuji Gen Gakki, or Fuji stinged music co. in Japan) was a guitar manufacturer that made EXACT replicas of famous Gibsons,ie LP's, Thunderbird, Firebird; Ricks, Hofner (German) Bass, (lots of American made expensive line guitars). They were one of the companies that were sued by Gibson and had to cease production of the American guitars. they are still in businesds and have changed their headstock design for their Greco line. They manufacture the Japanese made Epiphone guitars for Gibson. the older model replicas are SUPERB! I have purchased a LP standard replica, a 335 copy and a Thunderbird Bass copy and will buy then as I discover them. Hope this helps to answer your question. : : : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible pleas send me and information about that.
: : : Thank you in advance,
: : : Thanit

: : : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible please send me and information about that.
: : : Thank you in advance,

: : : : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible please send me and information about that.
: : : : Thank you in advance,
I would like to know greco story

: : : :
I play greco guitars and have little official info for you, But I do know that GRECO is a Japanese guitar manufacturer that makes some reasonable copies of expensive Guitars. My Rickenbacher bass copy and my Beatle Bass copy are so similar that I can't tell much difference at all. The Rick copy actually fooled a player one night and he offered me 750 for it. Then I showed him that it said grecoguitar on the headstock instead of Rickenbacher. The greco cost me 150 in a pawn shop. The real thing is about 1000. So, since I have very little money, greco has made it possible for us to get a good classic rock sound and look like pros instead of Peavey players on stage. I have played the real thing and I am not impressed with the difference. Good luck finding the company though. I have scoured the net looking for them.

: : : : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible please send me and information about that.
: : : : Thank you in advance,

Hello, Joe! I'm Ivan from Brazil.
Well, i've a Greco Early Sixties (Strat), #j782162, you know anything about this guitar?
Thank you in advance

I would like to know the history of greco guitar.

Hello, I'm Jang-Duk-Soo from Korea.
Well, i give a Greco Guitar L52232, You know anything about this guitar?
Thank you in advance

the only thing that i know is that greco was a company from the 70's and they made copies of the real thing back then you get them for $100.00 or less yard sales had them for $5.00 to $10.00 i am lookin for a rickenbacker 4003 in bass if i find out more about the greco comp. i'll let you know timi

: : : : : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible please send me and information about that.
: : : : : Thank you in advance,

I think they were part of Ibanez.....Greco did the non Gibson knock offs,,,something like that......

: : : : : : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible please send me and information about that.
: : : : : : Thank you in advance,

: I think they were part of Ibanez.....Greco did the non Gibson knock offs,,,something like that......

I believe that Greco was a lower cost Jap. line of the Goya guitar co. I had a hollow body electric in the late 60's....nice axe, but the pickups sucked

: : Hello I would like to know about the history of the guitar brand "greco". If possible pleas send me and information about that.
: : Thank you in advance,
: : Thanit
Did you hear back from anyone yet? I have a Greco, so I was interested, but couldn't find any follow-ups to your message.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.