K. Yairi AR321 from 1984

Posted by Rune Lauridsen on Thu, 02/20/03 - 08:33:17.
In Reply to Ravita's Music

Can anyone tell me anything about an K.YAIRI AR321 from around 1984. What kind of qulity-range are we talking about here. And what material. Thanks alot from Rune.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

K.Yairi AR333

Hi all
I have a 1984 K. Yairi AR333 which I purchased from a friend for $200 in 1991. It is in very good condition (not quite mint) and it has his signature on the sound board as well as on the label inside. Does anyone know what the value of these guitars are? BTW, the case also has his signature.

K Yairi acoustic guitar

Been playing on this wonderfull guitar since 1987,bring on the blues!1985 ser no:33249 ar321,signed by K Yairi himself I presume.Nice!

Re: K. Yairi AR321 from 1984

K.YAIRI AR321 - is a basic utility Guitar made by the K. Yairi co. in Honshu Japan. You can generally pick them up for $200 in the used market.

Re: 1984 K. Yairi AR321

I have a signed 1983 K. Yari accoustic electric in close to mint condition - solid spruce, indian rosewood, ebony, mother of pearl inlays, gold tuners, etc. I have been told by trusted source that it is worth approx. $1500.CDN funds.

: Can anyone tell me anything about an K.YAIRI AR321 from around 1984. What kind of qulity-range are we talking about here. And what material. Thanks alot from Rune.

I also have an AR321 purchased new here in Canada in 1984. Since there are no distributors here anymore, I am trying to find out what it is worth in terms of sale or trade. Mind has hardly been used, and is in near-new condition.
If anyone has any idea what the approximate value of this model is, please let me know......
It's a beautiful instrument......

I bought a 1983 K. Yairi AR351 about a year ago and paid 600 Canadian for mine. I'd like to know if I got a good deal or not. The guitar sounds great and was in Good-Fair Condition.

: Can anyone tell me anything about an K.YAIRI AR321 from around 1984. What kind of qulity-range are we talking about here. And what material. Thanks alot from Rune.

Re: K. Yairi AR321 from 1984, 1983 K.Yairi AR351

There seems to be a little bit of confusion here on this post. In his question below he his referring to a 1983 K. Yairi AR351 but for some reason in the subject line above it is referring to a K. Yairi AR321 from 1984. Ironically they are two completely different guitars. The AR321 can be as someone already mentioned in the follow ups for $200 to $400 in excellent condition. Now the AR351 as someone else mentioned in the follow ups had a value of about $1500.
Hopefully this will clarify a few things.
To Quality guitars,
Indigo Resonance

: I bought a 1983 K. Yairi AR351 about a year ago and paid 600 Canadian for mine. I'd like to know if I got a good deal or not. The guitar sounds great and was in Good-Fair Condition.

: : Can anyone tell me anything about an K.YAIRI AR321 from around 1984. What kind of qulity-range are we talking about here. And what material. Thanks alot from Rune.

KYairi Guitar

Hello I can find info on a 1984 K. YAIRI AR 321 Any body Know a 1984 K.YAIRI AR 322 can't find a price or info for it???????????????????????????????

Hello Rune,
In response to your post,
You have a great handbuilt guitar by a modern master, Kazuo Yairi a man steeped in tradition.
These are Japanese hand made guitars and are exceptional in quality and workmanship. They are solid spruce or cedar top. Beautiful burled Mahogany back and sides. Mahogany neck with an Ebony fret board giving them Exceptional tone. 20 medium frets with the Neck set at the 14th.
1-3/4" Nut width
25-1/4" Scale length
The Yairi signature is woodburned into the top as well as hand written on the label in the sound hole. He only placed his signature into his best work. They are most definitely a collectors item and will only increase in value. Considering you only paid $600 for it you got and exceptional buy as they are quite rare and normally cost around $1500 in excellent condition. If you are lucky enough to actually find one of these guitars especially for under $1000 you can't go wrong in purchasing it. You are getting a quality hand crafted instrument that will only continue to increase in value. They sound bright and clear with excellent warmth and low tones in perfect balance. You have a nice guitar hang onto it and in 5 years it could easily be worth a few thousand dollars. If you are interested in selling it for what you paid for it I would be happy to buy it from you. email me.
I hope that helps,
Indigo Resonance

: I bought a 1983 K. Yairi AR351 about a year ago and paid 600 Canadian for mine. I'd like to know if I got a good deal or not. The guitar sounds great and was in Good-Fair Condition.

: : Can anyone tell me anything about an K.YAIRI AR321 from around 1984. What kind of qulity-range are we talking about here. And what material. Thanks alot from Rune.

I bought a 1983 K. Yairi AR351 about a year ago and paid 600 for mine. I'd like to know if I got a good deal or not. The guitar sounds great and was in Good-Fair Condition.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.