old kraftsman pickups

Posted by jack on Tue, 01/29/02 - 22:44:46.

I have an OLD KRAFTSMAN guitar w/ 3 pickups. The guitar is a poor Les Paul copy with a long metal parallelogram pickguard with criss-cross lines on it. The 3 pickup covers are attached to the pickguard but inside there are no actual pickups. They are missing. I've looked hard but can't seem to find a pickup that would fit inside the covers. Would someone please give me some ideas as to where to look/find/buy some pickups that could fit inside the coverplates? The dimensions of the covers are 1-3/16 inches by 2-3/4 inches. I appreciate your help with this, thanks alot, jack

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Parts for a very old guitar

I have a guitar, and its very old but sound and streight of shape.
The Brand name on the unit is Old Kraftman, and i wm looking here to find parts, needed to maybe fix up this vintage guitar.

Re: old kraftsman pickups; my Guitar is Kraftsman not Kingston

I was looking for Kingston Bass parts earlier. I didn't notice I had typed Kingston rather than Kraftsman. I should have edited it before sending. I'm typing with one hand because I broke myself up pretty bad falling off the house recently.
Stay off your roof and have a great day.
Jerry

: I have an OLD KRAFTSMAN guitar w/ 3 pickups. The guitar is a poor Les Paul copy with a long metal parallelogram pickguard with criss-cross lines on it. The 3 pickup covers are attached to the pickguard but inside there are no actual pickups. They are missing. I've looked hard but can't seem to find a pickup that would fit inside the covers. Would someone please give me some ideas as to where to look/find/buy some pickups that could fit inside the coverplates? The dimensions of the covers are 1-3/16 inches by 2-3/4 inches. I appreciate your help with this, thanks alot, jack

Re: old kraftsman pickups

: I have an OLD KRAFTSMAN guitar w/ 3 pickups. The guitar is a poor Les Paul copy with a long metal parallelogram pickguard with criss-cross lines on it. The 3 pickup covers are attached to the pickguard but inside there are no actual pickups. They are missing. I've looked hard but can't seem to find a pickup that would fit inside the covers. Would someone please give me some ideas as to where to look/find/buy some pickups that could fit inside the coverplates? The dimensions of the covers are 1-3/16 inches by 2-3/4 inches. I appreciate your help with this, thanks alot, jack

Jack,
I could make you some pickups to fit. E-mail me if interested.
Thanks,
Jeff

Re: old kraftsman pickups

:I have a two pick up Kingston electric. Bridge pick up was open. I heated the cover enough to melt the wax and replaced it a similiar size coil and magnet from an old guitar from Japan. Heated the cover and inserted the pick up. You can add bees wax or candle wax to secure it well. The levels of the two pick ups are different. I may rewind the old pick up. I have enjoyed playing the guitar and think about replacing both the pick ups with humbuckers or put one single coil pick up out of phase with the other. The guitar has a nice neck and sounds good with a good set of strings on it. Go to a local guitar shop and ask if the could salvage some pick ups from some broken guitars for you. Some shops have junk boxs of good guitar parts. Good luck!
Be well and all great days,
Jerry

Old kraftsman (Acusitic Guitar)

My name is J.C. and i have just got an Old Kraftsman guitar.
And I am refubishing it. The old guitar was given to me in
the worst of shape, with no tuning pins, bridge, or nut...
And to make matters worst; someone started work on it and didn't finsh.. Leaving it partly sanded down, and also having some water damage. But I have pretty much saved it..
But I dont know it history, or year of manufaturing...
How can I find out about my dimond in the rough?
J.C.Andrews....

Re: Old kraftsman (Acusitic Guitar)

: My name is J.C. and i have just got an Old Kraftsman guitar.
: And I am refubishing it. The old guitar was given to me in
: the worst of shape, with no tuning pins, bridge, or nut...
: And to make matters worst; someone started work on it and didn't finsh.. Leaving it partly sanded down, and also having some water damage. But I have pretty much saved it..
: But I dont know it history, or year of manufaturing...
: How can I find out about my dimond in the rough?
: J.C.Andrews....

Well J.C my grandpa bought an old kraftsmen guitar and i was wondering how to find the price on it and if you had any ideas and if you were trying to find the price on yours just like me were not selling it but we would like to know how much it would be worth today because he saw on the news a couple of years ago that someone sold one exactly like his for a couple thousand dollars so i was wondering if you had any ideas?????

Epiphone Elecrtic Steel Guitar (Electar Zephyr)

We are researching and old steel guitar named above. Would like to know manufacture, age and value.

Re: Epiphone Elecrtic Steel Guitar (Electar Zephyr)

: We are researching and old steel guitar named above. Would like to know manufacture, age and value.Yes I would I found one in a closet looks realy old but in great condition buell_37_2003@yahoo.com

Re: Old kraftsman (Electric Guitar)

We are researching an Old Kraftsman electric guitar. We would like to know more of the history. It is in good shape, missing one string, and great sound! Can anyone tell us more about the date and manufacture?

: My name is J.C. and i have just got an Old Kraftsman guitar.
: And I am refubishing it. The old guitar was given to me in
: the worst of shape, with no tuning pins, bridge, or nut...
: And to make matters worst; someone started work on it and didn't finsh.. Leaving it partly sanded down, and also having some water damage. But I have pretty much saved it..
: But I dont know it history, or year of manufaturing...
: How can I find out about my dimond in the rough?
: J.C.Andrews....

hey, jc
i've got one too, maybe a little better shape, it was my fathers. i have pictures of him playing it back in the forties, i need keys, pegs ,strap peg, and a couple inches of the white trim,(Ivory?). i'm gonna leave the original beaten up finish on it , i've heard if you refinish a guitar it changes the sound. i'd like to know a little more about the history too.

I found my Grandmothers Old Kraftsman Guitar in pawn shop
Sounds wonderful. lil worn, but in great shape
am also looking for information
Does yours have the lil "S" sound holes on the sides, and no hole under the strings?
would like response
thanks

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.