8 string ibanez musician bass

Posted by scott on Sat, 02/19/05 - 09:08:00.
In Reply to The Ibanez Centre

i have never seen an ibanez musician 8 string bass until today on e-bay-the screen name is baja505 on ebay-can anyone give me info and age of this guitar, i am a collector.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 8 string ibanez musician bass

I picked up one of these second hand in about 1983 and it's in storage in South Australia. Can't tell you much more except it's very pretty, sounds interesting as is hard to play! It's of the Musician series of that era.

I was the lucky buyer of that particular 980; I can concur that it's pretty, sounds amazing & is quite a handful. I can just about get through "achilles' last stand", which it does quite convincingly, before my hands need a rest.
I also have 924, 940 & fretless studio basses, amongst some 24 basses total.
duncan.

I've finally brought my basses out of storage and tracked down a few things, like date of manufacture and model numbers. I can't get a sound out of the MC980 8-string - have to get it on the bench. The MC940 fretless is beautiful - I can hardly out it down - but the old stalwart MC924 has sheared the tuning post on the D-string. Need to find VelveTune B2 tuners - wish me luck!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.