Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

HM STRAT WANTED

Hi Im looking to buy a Hm Strat like the one Greg Howe plays anyone got one for sale. Like this one please:
http://www.bilbo.bitez.co.uk/strat1.jpg

Re: HM STRAT WANTED

i got the exact guitar in stock. just like the one in the fender ad with greg. it is on ebay right now. email back if you are interested and ill send an auction link. or i would sell it if i get no bids- i would have let you know first but i just found this site.

Epiphone Les paul

is an epiphone les paul standard a good buy?

Re: Epiphone Les paul

: is an epiphone les paul standard a good buy?

Epiphones are traditionally a 'good buy' any way you shake it. Epiphone was once a renowned COMPETITOR of Gibson, later absorbed into the parent company. I have an Epi Les Paul Custom Flame Top and it is a real nice piece. It looks gorgeous on stage and it plays as well as I need it to. If I were criticizing I would say the fret work is not as good as the same Gibson model. So to, the pick up switch is wimpier(easy to replace). I suspect that the pickups, too, are inferior, although I don't have a Gibson to compare to.
Thats my point. The same model Gibson STARTS at $2400. I got my Epiphone used, WITH the case for $450. If you cant afford the Gibson , get the Epiphone and dont look back. Make the few mods to the Epiphone required and smile all the way to the bank, meanwhile play happily along the way on your Epi LP.

GUITAR.COM WILL DO YOU WRONG

THE LUNATICS ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM AT GUITAR.COM

they ought to change the name of guitar.com to GUTTER.COM

or just flush that piece of shit

Telecaster Graffiti MKII (handcrafted in London)

Hi!
Sorry for my bad English writing!
But does anybody now anything about this guitar?
Telecaster Graffiti MKII (handcrafted in London)about 15 years ago.

Regards
Rainer

Daughter's first guitar

My daughter wants a accoustic guitar. She's 15, played piano for 5 years and Oboe for 5 years. Can someone help me choose a nice guitar that she won't feel she needs to trade up anytime soon? She does not have large hands, if that makes a difference. Any help is greatly apreciated.
K

Re: Daughter's first guitar

Go on www.ebay.com and find a good deal on an Ovation guitar. One with electronics. They are small necked and sound great when amped. You can find an older one for under $300 with a case and she will have it 30 years from now. In fact I have 4 and love them all.
Good luck....

: My daughter wants a accoustic guitar. She's 15, played piano for 5 years and Oboe for 5 years. Can someone help me choose a nice guitar that she won't feel she needs to trade up anytime soon? She does not have large hands, if that makes a difference. Any help is greatly apreciated.
: K

Gibson Marauder

Im looking for a Gibson Marauder. Dont care what year it is I just need one. Ive been looking for on for a few months but they are rare on ebay. Pref maple neck but ill live if not...please someone help!

Re: Gibson Marauder

: Im looking for a Gibson Marauder. Dont care what year it is I just need one. Ive been looking for on for a few months but they are rare on ebay. Pref maple neck but ill live if not...please someone help!

: : Im looking for a Gibson Marauder. Dont care what year it is I just need one. Ive been looking for on for a few months but they are rare on ebay. Pref maple neck but ill live if not...please someone help!

i have a 1976 gibson marauder i'm looking to sell.if yor interested get in touch.£600 ono.blonde dody,white scratch plate,mapel neck,all original vintage parts.it's a beauty!

: : Im looking for a Gibson Marauder. Dont care what year it is I just need one. Ive been looking for on for a few months but they are rare on ebay. Pref maple neck but ill live if not...please someone help!

Tele decal

I'm looking for a fender tele decal. Do you have any, or know where I can find one?

Re: Tele decal

: I'm looking for a fender tele decal. Do you have any, or know where I can find one?

ebay ebay ebay look for fender parts ,,saw a buch last few weeks

MISC SUCKS

[The body of this post has been lost]

Re: "YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT"

"YOU KNOW YOU'RE RIGHT" - Kurt Cobain

guitar.com just got _OWNED_

Buzzing fret noise

I own i Yamaha "EG 112" (Basicly just a cheap stratocaster)when ever i play (mainly thicker strings) the string seems to make a buzzing sound against the frets because it is rubbing. i have raised the bridge at the base and do not no what else to try? this is not a desperate problem it is only really notice able when it is played without amplication.

Re: Buzzing fret noise

You might need to either use lighter gauge strings or get a new "NUT" put on that is taller than the current one.

You could ask your local music shop about it.

Re: Buzzing fret noise

putfoil on the opposite side of your pickguard
heavy duty foil
it reduces noise

Guild DV 73

Does anyone have any information on the Guild DV 73. It is an acoustic with turquois, onyx and coral inlays.
any info would be helpful.
Thank you

Ibanez AW 400 CE

Looking for the value of an Ibabez AW 400 CE in mint cond. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks,
Mark

Is this a Squire or something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2576903056&category=38082

why is it so cheap?

Re: Is this a Squire or something?

: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2576903056&category=38082

: why is it so cheap?

Re: Is this a Squire or something?

: : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2576903056&category=38082

: : why is it so cheap?

Its made in mexico all of the mexican guitars are cheap

GUITAR

Hallo. Have just got an Eko Model 200 (made 61-62) from my granny. It'n almost as new, course my granny could not play. Anyone who know of it is worth something?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.