Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: harmonics and artificial harmonics

I agree, joe satriani is amazing, went and saw G3 3 weeks ago and man was he great.....although he didnt play my favs (surfing with the alien, crush of love, up in the sky) but it was still great
satch boogie and flying in a blue dream were great :) n e ways ya like the man said listen to his stuff...he makes sounds come outta a guitar that u never knew existed....same with steve vai look him up too

enjoy

guitars for sale

two guitars for sale-older ovvation balladeer thick body acoustis electricwith hard case. hase crack in face.asking 275.00- univox acoustic with hard case. asking 150.00.

Re: guitars for sale

: two guitars for sale-older ovvation balladeer thick body acoustis electricwith hard case. hase crack in face.asking 275.00- univox acoustic with hard case. asking 150.00.

any pics?

Looking For Band to Play in

I am in Virgina Beach Looking for a band to play in. I play anything from Rock to Metal to Classical.

Re: Looking For Band to Play in

:
: I am in Germany-München Looking for a band to play in. prefere mixed rock,blus,funk,electro style
playing guitar and keyboard alssow

Fat Fingers

I have a beautiful Elliot Easton Gretsch and my old fingers are just to damn fat to play it effectively. Any suggestions on an electic guitar with a WIDE neck and lots of distance between the strings?

Re: Fat Fingers

: I have a beautiful Elliot Easton Gretsch and my old fingers are just to damn fat to play it effectively. Any suggestions on an electic guitar with a WIDE neck and lots of distance between the strings?

A good old telecaster!

:

: A good old telecaster!

How Old? And will the "new" recreations do the trick?

: :

: : A good old telecaster!

: How Old? And will the "new" recreations do the trick?

I didn't mean an actual old telecaster! It's just a turn of phrase us Brits use - any model will do!!

: : :

: : : A good old telecaster!

: : How Old? And will the "new" recreations do the trick?

: I didn't mean an actual old telecaster! It's just a turn of phrase us Brits use - any model will do!!

Ahh, a Brit. Didn't know. My Dad was a Brit and Grandmother used to refer to the U.S. as the colonies.

: : I have a beautiful Elliot Easton Gretsch and my old fingers are jus<a href='http://www.russian-lolitas-pictures.com'>t</a> to damn fat to play it effectively. Any suggestions on an electic guitar with a WIDE neck and lots of distance between the strings? : A good old telecaster!

SS Stewart guitar

I need some info about my guitarany help would be great thanks Josh

Best Prices On the Net for Fender or Gibson guitars

Hey guys want to find the best prices on Fender & Gibson guitars and be treated like a human. Check this site out www.internationalvintageguitars.com . They will beat any advertised price and actually set up the guitar before they send it to you. These guys just love guitars and will go the extra mile for your business!

Keep rock'in!

Adam

Early 80's Hamer Guitar- Value

I have an early 80's, double-cutaway Hamer guitar w/ a rosweood fretboard and a starburst Curly maple top and fixed bridge. (which I regret) I think the body made of Ash. It's been so long I have forgotten what model it is. Can anyone tell me what Model I have? what it might sell for?

Headstrong Amplifiers

Visit the Headstrong Amps website @ www.headstrongamps.com. You can find all you'll need for your tube amps. Grill Cloth, Tolex and Tweed, speakers, cabs, hardware, and excellent service, give us a call, or email.

what does a compressor pedal do?

what does a compressor pedal do? i bought a danelectro surf and turf compressor and cant realy tell what its ment for... i thought it was for sustain but .... i dont know i need help... Anyone please help.

Re: what does a compressor pedal do?

: what does a compressor pedal do? i bought a danelectro surf and turf compressor and cant realy tell what its ment for... i thought it was for sustain but .... i dont know i need help... Anyone please help.

A compressor can help with sustain, but it's main function is to even out the signal levels from your guitar to your amp, so you (hopefully!) get a consistant sound level.

That's not to say you can't turn your guitar up, it just evens out signals at the current volume.

Re: what does a compressor pedal do?

Gives u a tighter sound good for metal cuts out all the ambiant fuzzy noise your gear may have

WTD: Yamaha FG 180 Acoustic

If anyone has one in good condition from the late 60s/early 70s with the red/orange Yippon label on the inside that they are looking to sell, please email me at:

Yellowled1@zoominternet.net

Re: WTD: Yamaha FG 180 Acoustic

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=749628

: If anyone has one in good condition from the late 60s/early 70s with the red/orange Yippon label on the inside that they are looking to sell, please email me at:

: Yellowled1@zoominternet.net

i need to build a guitar babdly!!!!! PLEASE RESPOND!!!

DEAR EVERYONE!!!
I HAVE RECENTLY DECIDED TO BUILD MY OWN GUITAR, I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WAHT SO EVER AND I JUST FOUND OUT WHAT A STRATOCASTER IS!!! IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON HOW TO BUILD A GUITAR OR IF YOU KNOW HOW I COULD GET ONE REALLY CHEAP, IT WOULD BE APPRIECIATED.
ANY DETAILED AND I MEEN REALY DETAILED INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANK-YOU, KYLE

Re: i need to build a guitar babdly!!!!! PLEASE RESPOND!!!

i realy cant help u with how to build one but on the way to get one realy cheap u could go to www.musicgoround.com and see if they got a store near you they usually got alot of good but cheap guitars or you could go on www.ebeay.com ,

Heres whats up
The best thing I can suggest is to order one of those guitar parts catalogs that are out there. That is a good start. I highly recommend you check out warmoth. They are the best in parts and videos on how to build a guitar. And their prices are reasonable

: DEAR EVERYONE!!!
: I HAVE RECENTLY DECIDED TO BUILD MY OWN GUITAR, I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE WAHT SO EVER AND I JUST FOUND OUT WHAT A STRATOCASTER IS!!! IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON HOW TO BUILD A GUITAR OR IF YOU KNOW HOW I COULD GET ONE REALLY CHEAP, IT WOULD BE APPRIECIATED.
: ANY DETAILED AND I MEEN REALY DETAILED INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Look on Ebay. There is a builder kit for a Telecaster that's only $79. It will be fun and you can buy other parts there as well. Good luck

: THANK-YOU, KYLE

: : DEAR EVERYONE!!!
: : I HAVE RECENTLY DECIDED TO BUILD MY OWN GUITAR

Yikes! I've heard this before. If you want something you can play AND has a decent sound, AND you have limited funds this time around, Ebay..

Power Supply for Ibanez pt5 multi-fx pedal!

can anyone tell me if i can use a universal power supply would work for the pt5? im about to buy one b/c i would like to have one but the guy does not have to p/s...if a universal won't work, where can i find one?

what is it and whats it worth

I have a gibson studio les paul serial#83354565,could someone tell me what year it was made.It is in excellent shape.It has binding around the body and dot inlays.WHAT is it worth and where can I sell it.

You could probably get around $500-600 on EBay for it.

Re: 1984

I hate to disagree after asking however,This is a studio les paul custom,I believe the binding makes it a custom,and this is the first year they made the studio and I have yet to see another one like it and I have been playing for 25 years.

i want to download ssshh or love in nepal mp3 songs to free

i want to download ssshh or love in nepal filmas songs for free download

Re: i want to download ssshh or love in nepal mp3 songs to free

i want to download love in nepal filmas songs for free download

guitar trades-wanter any squier vista

ok full list
all my belongings always up for good trades
will post from UK to anywhere just pm

modded squier strat
http://www.astoundingtrousers.com/forSale/squier.html
[pm me not greg]

burns greenburst marquee-one ding just setup by burns london

boss ps-2 boss
boss sd-1
dodfx97-little on the blink
inner workings of a danelectro tremelo[?]-still working ! was gonna attached to strat

all unboxed
WILL TRADE/PART EX For

squier supersonic
squier sunburst jagmaster
squier custom telecaster 72
[any off kilter fender]
knacked jaguars/ jazzmasters or decent copies

frequency analyser/any weird electro-harmonix

MARTIN SIGMA D 57 EST 1970

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE GUITARS IT SAY EST. 1970 ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED THANKS

kent update

does anyone have any info on a Kent K7-310. When it was made, etc....

MARTIN SIGMA DR-7 EST 1970

NEED INFO ON THIS GUITAR ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED. THANKS

Re: MARTIN SIGMA DR-7 EST 1970

I bought a Sigma DR-7 in 1978. I have been performing with it ever since. It is a great workhorse guitar with a good sound. Admittedly, it doesn't have the tonal qualities of my Martin D-42, but then again what does! An added benefit of the Sigma is that I dont have to worry that much about someone walking off with my ole' workhorse (unless they really know the Sigma secret). A good reliable guitar with good tonal qualities despite being beat upon, accidentally kicked, knocked off stands, bumped into microphones, showered with beer and whiskey, and traveling in the heat and cold throughout the country. Not many boxes would tolerate such abuse and still keep singing pretty -- this Sigma has and continues to shine.

finger taps

when i play metal solos (or any solo with taps for that matter) i can't seem to keep my other strings from ringing even though i'm sure i'm not touching them. also i cant get the same amount of volume out of the taps as normal picking. i've tried tapping with both my finger and my pick but i can't seem to get it right. can someone help me?

Re: finger taps

: when i play metal solos (or any solo with taps for that matter) i can't seem to keep my other strings from ringing even though i'm sure i'm not touching them. also i cant get the same amount of volume out of the taps as normal picking. i've tried tapping with both my finger and my pick but i can't seem to get it right. can someone help me?

Possibly, you could set up a sound you only use for tapping - the same as your normal solo sound, but with little or no sustain. This might reduce the unwanted string noise.

Not sure how helpful this will be, but give it a go.

if strings are ringing just mute them, it's pretty common when using fair amounts of OD/gain, you just have to get used to it (muting strays). When you start out tapping it'll be softer than regular picking, if it's way softer try adjusting your string/pup height, best thing is just keep practicing, and practicing (sorry no magical advice here).... and it'll come

: : when i play metal solos (or any solo with taps for that matter) i can't seem to keep my other strings from ringing even though i'm sure i'm not touching them. also i cant get the same amount of volume out of the taps as normal picking. i've tried tapping with both my finger and my pick but i can't seem to get it right. can someone help me?

: Possibly, you could set up a sound you only use for tapping - the same as your normal solo sound, but with little or no sustain. This might reduce the unwanted string noise.

: Not sure how helpful this will be, but give it a go.

If you pick with your right hand, use your right palm to mute the strings you are not tapping.

And as for getting the same amount of volume you would with regular picking, that just takes practice (hours) Good luck

rott in hell you stupid nigger!

Appraisal of Gibson Les Paul, natural, Maple fingerboard

I have a 1976 or 1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom, natural maple finish with a maple fingerboard. Original owner and still have warranty card (somewhere). The pickups have been replaced with Dimarzios but have the originals. The fingerboard was refinished during a refret and the bridge was replaced (do not have originals). I have been trying to determine it's value but have not been able to find anything comparable on the internet. A guitar tech believes that it's extremely rare and worth about 3-5K. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Appraisal of Gibson Les Paul, natural, Maple fingerboard

I have a 1976 LP Custom. Natural color, maple neck/fretboard. Pancake body. All original but it could use a refret in a year or two. The best I can tell you is Gibson made about 800 of these between 1975 and 1981. About half had black bodies and half had natural bodies. That comes to about 400 of them around. And that was back then. Many are junk by now.

They are extremely rare, but you can find them ocasionally for about 2500. But due to the rarity of them, thier worth whatever you can get for them. I think it's a sleeper. Hold on to it another few years. It's a rare guitar to begin with. In fact, if more people know they exist the demand would be more. I play Jazz with mine.

You can tell the year by the serial number. if it starts with 00 it's a 76. Also, in 76 they had the top hat knobs (those black knobs with the silver inserts) and switched to speed knobs in 77. Those fat, clear/gold knobs.

: I have a 1976 or 1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom, natural maple finish with a maple fingerboard. Original owner and still have warranty card (somewhere). The pickups have been replaced with Dimarzios but have the originals. The fingerboard was refinished during a refret and the bridge was replaced (do not have originals). I have been trying to determine it's value but have not been able to find anything comparable on the internet. A guitar tech believes that it's extremely rare and worth about 3-5K. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Throw the piece of junk in the garbage. Buy a real guitar like an Ibanez or any Jap brand .... where the employees don't build your guitar after drinking all night. You will save alot of $$ too !

pedals used in the guns n roses song estranged

hi i was wandering if anyone knows wat pedals slash is using to get the high pitched sound for the song estranged?

starting a band looking for members

hi i wanna start a heavy/alternative band anyone who is interested and lives in adelaide,australia send an email to mattie_54@hotmail.com im a guitarist looking 4 a drummer,bass guitarist,singer and another guitarist and wants a serious future in the music.

Re: starting a band looking for members

Where do u live

: hi i wanna start a heavy/alternative punk band anyone who is interested and lives in katy or houston,texas send an email to guitarbabe101911@yahoo.com im a singer looking 4 a drummer,bass guitarist,and another guitarist and wants a serious future in the music.

I already have part of the first two members of the band. I am singing and playing guitar and he is playing guitar. I need a lead singer, drummer, and bass player in the 13-16 age group and in the Cleb. TX area...MUST BE SERIOUS AND LOVE MUSIC...HEAVY METAL/PUNK MUSIC....

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.