Old Barclay USA Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by 24kt on Thu, 08/04/05 - 17:24:56.
In Reply to Vintage Guitars

I have an old Barclay USA guitar with the numbers S-59-M on the inside. I can't find any info on this guitar????? Anyone know what it worth or any other info???? Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

guitar parts

I have an old Barclay guitar that I got for my birthday as a child and have been lucky enough to keep it through the years, and have recently took interest in learning to play guitar from a friend. I have discovered that 1 of the pegs on the neck that adjust the strings is missing and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get used parts for this model guitar. Thanks for the info.

Barclay Acoustic Guitar

Any idea what a Barclay acoustic guitar handcrafted in Czechoslovakia worth? Please I've been searching everywhere

Barklay

I have a Barklay acoustic single hole guitar with the numbers 8746H162. Any info? Thanks!

Re: Old Barclay USA Guitar

: I have an old Barclay USA guitar with the numbers 65J7 on the inside. I can't find any info on this guitar????? Anyone know what it worth or any other info???? Thanks

: : I have a Barclay guitar with the numbers 65J7 on the inside. I can't find any info on this guitar????? Anyone know what it worth or any other info???? Thanks

: I have an old Barclay USA guitar with the number r-71 and sol or jul cant tell the last letters. Thank yo!u

Re: Old Barclay guitar Model 1803

: I have an old Barclay USA guitar with the model number 1803 on the inside. I can't find any info on this guitar?
the guitar is brown and black in style. Anyone know what it worth or any other info???? Thanks
craig australia

Re: Old Barclay guitar Model 1803

Old Barclay guitar Model 1803

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Old Barclay guitar Model 1803

Definately not canadian. That is very funny though...

: I have an old Barclay USA guitar with the numbers S-59-M on the inside. I can't find any info on this guitar????? Anyone know what it worth or any other info???? Thanks

more than likely many were imported from japan and distributed by harmony just like they distributed other american guitars made such as danelectro under their own name. barclay is still a prevelent name in Japan infact they still sell new ones at a store called deodeo. I have a barclay JV strat that is real wood (not ply) and plays well. the electronics are very cheap as it is a budget brand.

: I have an old Barclay USA guitar with the numbers S-59-M on the inside. I can't find any info on this guitar????? Anyone know what it worth or any other info???? Thanks
Stella/Harmony/Kay/Silvertone : they all exited different doors of the same factory in Chicago. Barclays were sold at W T Grant department stores. Good American stuff.

Check the Harmony Database site: http://harmony.demont.net/modele.php?id=. The "59" is the year 1959 manufactured. "S" I've been told may be the month of September. Should be another serial number 4 digits, letter then 2-3 more digits. Example: My Barclay is S-68 1616H53 meaning made in Sept 1968, and copied the Harmony H53 Rocket- looks identical. Lots of great pics there. Maybe one will resemble yours! Good luck.

Barclay guitars are simply re badged Harmony guitars, they made a model which was identical to yhe harmony meteor. Dont know much about the acoustics, but they seem to be quite cool old 60s aprox guitars. Hope this helps.

We have a Barclay acoustic Guitar. From what I have found they were mfg by Harmony. This site has a lot of info:
harmony.demont.net. Good Luck!

They are from Canada.

: They are from Canada.
Made in Chicago by Harmony

I have one too, don't know ANY thing about it, kinda like the sound though......
If ou learn anything tell me

Barclay USA Acoustic

I have a Barclay model H 1203-3 serial number 709H1203-3. I just listed this old girl for sale on Craigs list here in San Francisco Ca. I am asking $150 for it. What I have found it was sold new at Grant Dept. store, and is a vintage collectors item today. I will gladly email some pictures if anyone is interested. thanks

i have one too!! can't find a damn thing on it it just says Barclay USA, no #...anyone kno anything about it??!

i had always been told the barclays were made and sold by someone like montgomery wards or sears...but i've found info recently saying that they were actually made by harmony. sounds reasonable too, and maybe they were just sold at montgomery wards or sears or where ever.

sincerely,

I also have a barclay guitar from the 60's, i really need to know how much it is worth?

my first guitar was an old barclay acoustic. it had "f-holes" instead of the usual center hole, and a lovely sunburst finish. i sold it when i was young and dumb (and broke). i'm trying to find another one...any help or leads would be HIGHLY appreciated! or would anyone like to sell theirs (if it's similar)?

please get ahold of me with any info... sonsofhypnos@hotmail.com

THANK YOU!

sincerely,
age isbell

i have an old Barclay acoustic. it doesnt have f-holes though, just the center hole.

Hey i have an old Barclay acoustic no numbers or anything.... doesnt even say usa or australia

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.