Vega Guitar Model FT-J

Posted by John Paolella on Sat, 09/09/06 - 14:19:13.
In Reply to Vintage Guitars

I would like some info on this guitar or does anyone know where I can find some Info?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Vega Guitar Model FT-J

I also have this model, which was given to me from my Dad who purchased it in Boston, probably 40 years ago. I cannot find any info. Have you had any success

Re: Vega Guitar Model FT-J

:This guitar was made in the late 50s. My husbands first guitar was a Vega FT-J. It was made by the Vega Co of Boston who mainly produced banjos. It was bought by Gibson in the 70s and production stopped. My husband said it was a wonderful instrument. It had a very deep tone and a slim neck. Great for a kid to learn on. His buddy's identical guitar sold on Ebay yesterday for $338. If I had known I would have bought it for the memories. His friend died last week.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.