Has anyone know how rare a Yamaha G - 231 is?

Posted by Nick on Sun, 11/05/06 - 21:05:49.

I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.

Related Gear:
Yamaha topped our list of the best Silent Guitars

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

just got one Aug 2019

I just bought one at a thrift shop auction, $60.00 Canadian, which I guess would be about $45.00 U.S.? It's nice. D string buzzes a bit and I haven't changed the strings, but it sounds quite nice. Think I will try to lower the action and change the strings.

G-231

I picked mine up at a 2nd hand music store in the 90s and leave it at camp all winter and stuff but it still sounds and playes better then my more expensive and newer fender classical. I payed $240 for it then, I guess I didn't get as good a deal as others but I love it.

1984 G-231 ii

I bought mines in 1984 when in college. I am a professional player. I simply love this guitar. Over the years I thought about selling it but for the sound, the money (I bought it for 99 dollars) and how it feels, I would never sell it. I have recorded with it. I have done concerts with it. The sound and intonation is superb !!! As you can see, I don't judge guitars by the price tag.

Yamaha G-231

I didn't know much about guitars when I bought mine 15 years ago but I have been very happy with it ever since. I learned how to play on it, change my own strings and how to tune by ear along the way so I cannot complain. I won't sell mine. I spent $160 to buy it in a guitar shop.

G231

Well I just bought one at a Pawn shop in gallup, New Mexico for a great price. It had been sitting a few years. It's only my second guitar, but I liked the price and needed a travel one. In looking at it, I see the Bass strings are Metal and the upper 3 are Nylon. How come? I need to replace the d string asap.

thanks!

Japh

G 231

I've got several high end guitars but the one I play most is my old G 231 it's so easy to fret and it sounds as one post read so mellow I love it

Yamaha G-231

I bought mine new in 1979 and I have had no desire to upgrade. The sound is so mellow. I took a great guitar player with me when I picked it out and he highly praised the sound that came out of it back then. It hasn't changed. I have added the Dean Markley Acoustic Guitar Pickup to it for additional fun in the electric realm!

Re: Has anyone know how rare a Yamaha G - 231 is?

I don't about rare but it's a shame someone would have thrown it out. I've had one since 1983 and love it. I keep thinking it's time to upgrade, but every time I visit a music store to search for a new CG I end up back with my g231 and feeling as though it sounds better and plays better then guiters 10x as much.

: I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.

well they are not rare at all but they do sell new for about $150-$200. You could have sold it used for more than $89.

: : I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.

: well they are not rare at all but they do sell new for about $150-$200. You could have sold it used for more than $89.

If you read the message properly, you would of noticed the guy didn't sell his for $89, but someone on EBAY did. Just wanted to know what its worth. $150-200 sounds about right.

Ya I got my dad's old one here I doubt they will be worth anything in good condition until another few decades fly by
too bad they aren't though I need a car haha

: : I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.
Again- I don't know if it's rare... it matters more how well it's been taken care of the sound is, etc. I have a 30 year old g231 and LOVE IT. The action is a little high... but all in all I wouldn't trade it

: well they are not rare at all but they do sell new for about $150-$200. You could have sold it used for more than $89.

i just bought a g231

i just bought a g231 recently.. how much? $20 worth of cuban rhum.. not bad for a 3rdhand guitar huh? that is, including the hardcase (with soft velvet interior).. will i sell it to anyone? NO WAY!! its a guitar worth keeping.. :) cheers!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.