Has anyone know how rare a Yamaha G - 231 is?

Posted by Nick on Sun, 11/05/06 - 16:05:49.

I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.

Related Gear:
Yamaha topped our list of the best Silent Guitars

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

G231

Well I just bought one at a Pawn shop in gallup, New Mexico for a great price. It had been sitting a few years. It's only my second guitar, but I liked the price and needed a travel one. In looking at it, I see the Bass strings are Metal and the upper 3 are Nylon. How come? I need to replace the d string asap.

thanks!

Japh

G 231

I've got several high end guitars but the one I play most is my old G 231 it's so easy to fret and it sounds as one post read so mellow I love it

Yamaha G-231

I bought mine new in 1979 and I have had no desire to upgrade. The sound is so mellow. I took a great guitar player with me when I picked it out and he highly praised the sound that came out of it back then. It hasn't changed. I have added the Dean Markley Acoustic Guitar Pickup to it for additional fun in the electric realm!

Re: Has anyone know how rare a Yamaha G - 231 is?

I don't about rare but it's a shame someone would have thrown it out. I've had one since 1983 and love it. I keep thinking it's time to upgrade, but every time I visit a music store to search for a new CG I end up back with my g231 and feeling as though it sounds better and plays better then guiters 10x as much.

: I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.

well they are not rare at all but they do sell new for about $150-$200. You could have sold it used for more than $89.

: : I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.

: well they are not rare at all but they do sell new for about $150-$200. You could have sold it used for more than $89.

If you read the message properly, you would of noticed the guy didn't sell his for $89, but someone on EBAY did. Just wanted to know what its worth. $150-200 sounds about right.

Ya I got my dad's old one here I doubt they will be worth anything in good condition until another few decades fly by
too bad they aren't though I need a car haha

: : I found one in the the trash. Some guy was getting rid of it so I picked it up and checked on ebay and found out its worth $89.00 it sold for on there. I was woundering if anyone knew anything about it.
Again- I don't know if it's rare... it matters more how well it's been taken care of the sound is, etc. I have a 30 year old g231 and LOVE IT. The action is a little high... but all in all I wouldn't trade it

: well they are not rare at all but they do sell new for about $150-$200. You could have sold it used for more than $89.

i just bought a g231

i just bought a g231 recently.. how much? $20 worth of cuban rhum.. not bad for a 3rdhand guitar huh? that is, including the hardcase (with soft velvet interior).. will i sell it to anyone? NO WAY!! its a guitar worth keeping.. :) cheers!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.