Kiso suzuki 'Grand Suzuki' GA-120 classical

Posted by Bob Bowen on Sat, 01/27/07 - 06:03:05.

I have just been given a kiso 'grand' suzuki classical guitar and was wondering the worth of it. It has the number 00806 printed on the sticker and model number is GA-120. does anyone know anything about its worth or how old it might be?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kiso suzuki 'Grand Suzuki' GA-120 classical

: I have just been given a kiso 'grand' suzuki classical guitar and was wondering the worth of it. It has the number 00806 printed on the sticker and model number is GA-120. does anyone know anything about its worth or how old it might be?

I have the excact same guitar, i've bought it in 1975 in Holland.
there is so little information and i would love to know more about it. What kind of wood it is made of etc.

I have a little information as I believe my wife's father worked in the Kiso-Suzuki factory. He has told me that the KSuzuki factory only made 1000 before the factory was shut down before the war. Apparently the guitars were originally sold for roughly $2. Many americans bought them during WWII. Due to the lack of information about them, I would think that not many remain, let alone in their original condition. I think that it would be worth at least $600 now. I suggest you keep it as I imagine that its value will continue to increase.
Good find. Lucky you.

Im surching informations too on this guitar, I've found one in an old hotel last week. There's nobody in this hotel. The owners (dead now) of this hotel were nuns... It's for demolition. in the guitar it's written Grand-suzuki model n° GA-120 there is an other number : 80681 under the name. and the name of the factory... kiso suzuki and Iwama trading... made in japan. that's all... I don't know nothing too... if you know much... or have a picture, we can comparate too see if they are the same guitars ... :)... my mail josephangelo@free.fr
have a nice day.
josephangelo

Hi, I've an original G-120 (I live in Italy). If you want I can send you a photo of my guitar.
: Im surching informations too on this guitar, I've found one in an old hotel last week. There's nobody in this hotel. The owners (dead now) of this hotel were nuns... It's for demolition. in the guitar it's written Grand-suzuki model n° GA-120 there is an other number : 80681 under the name. and the name of the factory... kiso suzuki and Iwama trading... made in japan. that's all... I don't know nothing too... if you know much... or have a picture, we can comparate too see if they are the same guitars ... :)... my mail josephangelo@free.fr
: have a nice day.
: josephangelo

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.