Pan Guitar Questions Answered

Advertisement
Posted by marcal on Tue, 05/20/03 - 12:19:26.

The trail of the Pan guitar brand leads back to the Aria guitar company. The Arai Co. was originally founded by classical guitarist Shiro Arai sometime in the early 1950s as an importing company which expanded in the mid 1950s and began manufacturing classical guitars. Electric guitar production began around the turn of the decade and the Aria and Aria Diamond names were adopted. Offerings at that time consisted of various solid and hollow body guitars loosely influenced by western designs such as the "Bison" and "Jaguar". Arai Co. also manufactured a number of re-brands and components distributed by other importers. Evidence of this can be seen in the design and construction of such brands as Univox, Conrad, Lyle, Domino, Maxi-Tone, Pan, Arita, and a number of others. The following link will lead you to a site which describes the history of the Aria company and some of the copyright lawsuits filed by American makers when the "Japanese Invasion" began in the 60's. http://www.therathole.org/guitars/arai_matsumoku.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Pan Model H490 acoustic guitar

I too have a PAN H490 acoustic guitar and was wondering if anyone knew anything about this particular model or how much they go for or are worth. Mine was given to me by a distant relative who has since passed away and knowing him he probably picked it up at a garage sale, so I have no real background on my guitar. All I have been able to find out is that it is probably a copy of a Martin 00, but I have not been able to unearth any specifics. Any further information would be greatly appreciated!

Pan Model 380

-----------------Can anyone give me an estimated price on a Pan Model 380 in great condition.

M. Allen sharkmaui28@yahoo.com

my Pan classical guitar

My father bought me my Pan classical guitar in 1972 for $120.00, not cheap at all in those days. It says inside model II 385, made in Japan. Any idea what it's worth?

What is the value of this guitar now?

I have a Pan P23 in mint condition. It is a beautiful electric guitar with mother of pearl inlay and it is the colour starburst orange. It is vintage so I am wondering what the value is now?

Sincerely, Gloria

Your Pan Guitar

I am wondering if you could send me a couple of digital photographs of your PAN guitar (front, back, bridge (closeup), keys (closeup), and the best you can of the label (writing on the inside). I am compiling a dossier on all "PAN" Guitars. Respectfully, MT
reply to: mphilatelicorner@gmail.com

Pan modle h490 acustic guitar

Looking for info on this guitar. also had # 731109 6 or b 1

pan guitar model, the p-d

I was hoping to hear anything about this model.

pan guitar model, the p-d

: The trail of the Pan guitar brand leads back to the Aria guitar company. The Arai Co. was originally founded by classical guitarist Shiro Arai sometime in the early 1950s as an importing company which expanded in the mid 1950s and began manufacturing classical guitars. Electric guitar production began around the turn of the decade and the Aria and Aria Diamond names were adopted. Offerings at that time consisted of various solid and hollow body guitars loosely influenced by western designs such as the "Bison" and "Jaguar". Arai Co. also manufactured a number of re-brands and components distributed by other importers. Evidence of this can be seen in the design and construction of such brands as Univox, Conrad, Lyle, Domino, Maxi-Tone, Pan, Arita, and a number of others. The following link will lead you to a site which describes the history of the Aria company and some of the copyright lawsuits filed by American makers when the "Japanese Invasion" began in the 60's. http://www.therathole.org/guitars/arai_matsumoku.html

i have a pan sg bass and i was wondering what it was really worth?

i have a sg style pan bass guitar and i can not find it on the net anyweres at all and i belive its from 1968 its really old and in good shape i was wonderting what it was worth?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.