Bently Guitar Info

Advertisement
Posted by Y not on Sun, 11/07/04 - 13:16:53.

I own a Bently model 5118 12 string acoustic guitar. Bought it for $275 in 1999. Picked it up played it for 10 seconds and had to have it. I am yet to meet a guitar player that didn't remark WHAT A SMOOTH PLAYING 12 STRING !!!!!!!! NEVER FELT A 12 STRING THAT PLAYED SO SWEET!!!!!!! Regardless of the monitary value this Guitar is by far the best feeling, playing & sounding 12 string that my fingers have ever known, wouldn't sell it for the world. I never cared for a 12 string prior to owning this one and have never felt another acoustic or electric 12 string no matter the price that feels and plays so good.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Bently Model 5150W Acoustic Guitar

Have a white Bently Model 5150W Acoustic Guitar. Wondering what it is worth. It's a cutaway in good shape. A small nick in the finish in one spot.

BENTLY SERIES 10 ELECTRIC GUITAR

I have a solid body electric guitar that is dark wood maybe mahogany it is a very heavy guitar

I cannot find a model no. on this guitar the serial no. is 2226 and it says it was made in Korea

It says series 10 by BENTLY on the head stock I bought this guitar in the mid 80s it still has the

of the music store where I bought it all of the comments I have seen on this website have said
nothing about a solid body Bently series 10 electric guitar if anyone knows anything about this
guitar or where Imight find the model no. I would greatly appreciate it there is a off and on switch
and two black knobs at the lower bottom and it is six strings I bought this guitar in the mid 80s
and it has never been played .

bently model#5106s

i picked up this six string for 5 BUCKS!!! got it a yard sale of course. But it is really beautiful. Unfortunately I am guitar illiterate,and am just now about to self school myself on how to play.(at the ripe old age of 49!! ha!) I am sure that I got a great deal on my guitar. I'm just not sure just HOW GOOD I don't know. I just knew I had to have that pretty thing for 5 bucks!! Now I've got to learn how to play me some "Sweet Baby James"! (for you youngsters out there,that would be James Taylor.HA!) If anyone knows the true value of a 5106s in exellent condition,please let me know. Thanks. ROCK ON!!!

Re: Bently Guitar Info

I own a Bently model 5118 12 string acoustic guitar. Bought it for $275 in 1999. Picked it up played it for 10 seconds and had to have it. I am yet to meet a guitar player that didn't remark WHAT A SMOOTH PLAYING 12 STRING !!!!!!!! NEVER FELT A 12 STRING THAT PLAYED SO SWEET!!!!!!! Regardless of the monitary value this Guitar is by far the best feeling, playing & sounding 12 string that my fingers have ever known, wouldn't sell it for the world. I never cared for a 12 string prior to owning this one and have never felt another acoustic or electric 12 string no matter the price that feels and plays so good.

: I Just purchased abently 5104 at an estate sale and wonder what is worth?

Any suggestion that Bently guitars are somewhat higher end guitars like a gibson, martin or taylor are non-sense. I bought one approx. 4 years ago for $15. Not a bad deal in a pinch to have an acoustic guitar. I was offered a Bently last month for $30 and walked away.

Bently is not to be confused with high end guitars.

I have a Bently 6 string model 5108 it is 35 to 45
years old does someone k+no how much it would sell mint condition.

I bought my Bently 5135 new in 1988 at Bibb Music in Macon, GA. It is a flat-top acoustic 6 w/dark finish and a generous cutaway. I bought it becuase of the cutaway so I could play acoustic leads. It has been my only acoustic and I have played it exclusively ever since. I love it and everyone who tries it out loves it too. Great neck, great action, wonderful sound, just an outstanding guitar overall. I shaved down the bridge so low that the neck started to warp so I had it serviced a few years ago, and it came out sweeter than ever. I just put new strings on it today and it's nearly good as new. They aren't worth a whole lot as far as I know, so if you find one in good shape and you like it, snatch it up and you won't be disappointed.

Bently Guitar Info

HI my name is Jake I am a young Bently guitar collector,I have been collecting the guitars for about 3 years now and I seem to be haveing trouble finding a certain Bently guitar it is a Bently les paul but this one is black and has a symbol on the front of the headstock,If anybody has one for sale or knows where there is one for sale it would be much appreciated. you can contact me at vgeorge@centurytel.net

Thank you -Jake

I've had a 6 string Bently for 18 years and play it much more than my Takamine. I just picked up a 4 string, model number L1710, but cannot find out anything about it. Any suggestions on a site to go to?

Re:bently guitar info

I just bought a bently and was wandering the value? It is a beatiful guitar. if any one knows info please contact.

Re:bently guitar info

bently guitar info

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re:bently guitar info

I own a Bently 6 string that I bought for $250. I agree that they are very under-rated guitars. Mine also plays like a dream and feels great. If you wanna discuss further e-mail me. Peace.

: I own a Bently 6 string that I bought for $250. I agree that they are very under-rated guitars. Mine also plays like a dream and feels great. If you wanna discuss further e-mail me. Peace.

Me too I'm a roumanian owner of a Bently electric guitar ( Strato copy), but I' m keen of it comparing with anyother at his price class...Greetings !

: : I own a Bently 6 string that I bought for $250. I agree that they are very under-rated guitars. Mine also plays like a dream and feels great. If you wanna discuss further e-mail me. Peace.

:
: Me too I'm a roumanian owner of a Bently electric guitar ( Strato copy), but I' m keen of it comparing with anyother at his price class...Greetings !

I am a builder /luither/player and the craftsmanship is equal to a fender but electrics ie;pic/ups and switching is weak but simple to rectify

I just got a used bently 6 string model 5106 any info on value

: : I own a Bently 6 string that I bought for $250. I agree that they are very under-rated guitars. Mine also plays like a dream and feels great. If you wanna discuss further e-mail me. Peace.

:
: Me too I'm a roumanian owner of a Bently electric guitar ( Strato copy), but I' m keen of it comparing with anyother at his price class...Greetings !

Re: I just got a used bently 6 string model 5106 any info on value

::: I also have a used Bently 6 string model 5106. ...received it as a gift about 15 years ago Mine has some water damage from Hurricane Ivan, but is still playable.

: : : I own a Bently 6 string that I bought for $250. I agree that they are very under-rated guitars. Mine also plays like a dream and feels great. If you wanna discuss further e-mail me. Peace.

: :
: : Me too I'm a roumanian owner of a Bently electric guitar ( Strato copy), but I' m keen of it comparing with anyother at his price class...Greetings !

Re: Bently Guitar Info I just bought one and winder what it might be worth on the market?

: I own a Bently 6 string that I bought for $250. I agree that they are very under-rated guitars. Mine also plays like a dream and feels great. If you wanna discuss further e-mail me. Peace.

Re: Bently Guitar Info I just bought one and winder what it might be worth on the market?

: : I own a Bently 6 string that I bought for $250. I agree that they are very under-rated guitars. Mine also plays like a dream and feels great. If you wanna discuss further e-mail me. Peace.yOU GOT A FAIR GUITAR FOR SOME ONE THINKING ABOUT LEARNING TO PLA THE NECKS ARE STRAIGHT ANG MADE OF GOODB WOOD , NICE FAT FRETS,BUT TUNERS ARE FAIR AND COULD STAND TO BE UP GRADED IF YOU CHOOSE TO STICK WITH IT TH PIC/UPS ARE FAIR TO BUT WORK THE GUITAR IS GREAT FOR BEGINERS AND WITH SOME SLIGHT MODS STAND UP AGAINST ANY STRAT (ACTION .TUNEING,AND TONE) BEFORE YOU GO ALL OUT MASTER WHAT IS YOUR IT WILL ONLY MAKE YOU APPRECIATE THE HOT ROD ADD ONS IE; FLOYD ROSE/W/LOCKING NUT

I just bought a Bently 6 string guitar today at an Auction for 75 dollars. I was wanting something to be able to "abuse" a little more than the guitar that I have right now. Did you guys that bought your guitar for ~250 buy it from a store new or was it a pawn shop. I am also interested how my "new" guitar is worth.

Drew R

oops! I ment to be a follow-up- (first timer at this sight sorry!)
I own a dozen gutitars, from an 8-string classical to a five string frettless carvin bass. I too, have never gotten into 12 string gtrs, nor heard of Bently untl yesterday. Though not a 12 string (which sounds like they make a great 12er, I'd like to try one!)& a buddy owed me $30 & came by with a Les Paul style guitar. I owned a heavy version of a copy of this type of axe in the past, but it broke. And after a friend of mine bought an Epiphone one which sounded great, I said to myself I need one for my collection(I give all my guitars equal play, not just dust collection). Coincidently I got the phone call about settling the debt & said I'll check it out. The neck alone on the thing is beautiful. Mind you, most of my guitars are custom built, but this one plays well. -Just need to drop some new electronics, but worth the investment. I'll probably play some Death Metal on it. Any suggestions as to restoration of pick-ups anyone?

oops! I ment to be a follow-up-
I own a dozen gutitars, from an 8-string classical to five string frettless carvin bass. I too, have never gotten into 12 string gtrs, nor heard of Bently untl yesterday. Though not a 12 string (which sounds like they make a great 12er, I'd like to try one!) A buddy owed me $30 & came by with a Les Paul style guitar. I owned a heavy version of a copy of this typr of axe in the past, but it broke. And after a friend of mine bought an epiphone one which sounded great, Isaid to myself I need one for my collection. Coincidently I got the phone call about settling the debt & said I'll check it out. The neck alone on the thing is beautiful. Mind you, most of my guitars are custom built, but this one plays well. -Just need to drop some new electronics, but worth the investment. I'll probably play some Death Metal on it. Any suggestions as to retoration of pick-ups anyone?

_I am writing to you because I too, have a Bently, inside it reads Model 5123. I've no clue if it is a good guitar, a starter's guitar, or whatever. I am learning toplay now on another guitar, but I want to fix the hardware on the Bently, because I like how it looks, dark, and mysterious. It may sound good. Any information you have will be helpful, and thanks. _______________________________________________________

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.