shaftesbury rose-morris

Posted by sharrun on Fri, 09/20/02 - 09:56:31.

can any one tell me any info about my husbands electric bass guitar before he drives me mad... Its a Shaftesbury Rose-Morris serial number 0174 he has had it a number of years i want him to sell the damn thing he says its worthless help........

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: shaftesbury rose-morris

hi iam not sure if iam doing this right or not but we just got a shaftesbury les paul copy guitar and we like to no the history of the guitar and maybe its worth but not sure where to start hoping someone could help thanks....

well if anyone finds out anything im interested myself! you see i have a shaftesbury rose morris les paul gold top deluxe model 3414 circa 1970 - 72. ive ben trying to find out what its worth! its a great guitar and its well made with a glued on neck.

I have a shaftesbury rose-morris bass guitar
(sponsored instrument) made in Japan
serial No.3107
stock No. 3263
can any one tell me some information
regards

: I have a shaftesbury rose-morris electric guitar made in Japan (sponsered instrument)
: serial No.10189
: stock No. 3264
: can any one tell me some information
: regards x

: can any one tell me any info about my husbands electric bass guitar before he drives me mad... Its a Shaftesbury Rose-Morris serial number 0174 he has had it a number of years i want him to sell the damn thing he says its worthless help........

If its pale yellow its probably a telecaster bass copy circia 1970 approw £70 new I had one and now regret selling it about 10 years,Ian

Shaftesbury Bass Guitar

Hi, I'm trying to find out a rough estimate of the age and value of my Shaftesbury 3263 bass,serial no. 001207, any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks , Dougie

Shaftesbury Bass Guitar

Hi, I'm trying to find out a rough estimate of the age and value of my Shaftesbury 3263 bass,serial no. 001207, any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks , Dougie

: : can any one tell me any info about my husbands electric bass guitar before he drives me mad... Its a Shaftesbury Rose-Morris serial number 0174 he has had it a number of years i want him to sell the damn thing he says its worthless help........

: If its pale yellow its probably a telecaster bass copy circia 1970 approw £70 new I had one and now regret selling it about 10 years,Ian

I had a Shaftesbury Telecaster Copy, purchased in 1972.
The Shaftesbury label of guitar was put out by Rose Morris Music of Shaftesbury Avenue in London.
These guitars also included the Ned Callen label of bass guitars.
They were Japenese copies and were made to exacting standards and were top instruments that did not cost the world to purchase. I regretably sold my Telecaster copy in 1974 and have been trying to locate another in Australia for the last couple of years.
Tell your husband to hang on to his bass guitar, it may not be worth much in monetary value but is worth a whole lot more in personal pleasure of ownwership. Whats he giong to do? Sell it and then buy a Fender. Stay with the Vintage guitar he already has.

: : : can any one tell me any info about my husbands electric bass guitar before he drives me mad... Its a Shaftesbury Rose-Morris serial number 0174 he has had it a number of years i want him to sell the damn thing he says its worthless help........ Hi, I remember seeing only one of these guitars around...that was a long time ago. I used to own a shaftesbury bass guitar, which was a copy of a rickenbacker 4001 (this was my dream bass at the time) but the shaftesbury was as good as any genuine rickenbacker, or even better than some of them which I tried. I gave up playing 20+ years ago, & I sold the bass (£70, which was what I paid for it 3 years earlier) I have started playing again and am now cursing the day I sold it!!!!! What was I thinking of? Rickenbackers are now £1000 - £2000, & I can't find a shaftesbury anywhere. You tell your husband he can hang on to his guitar. They don't take up much room, you don't HAVE to use an amp, and, like me, he may regret getting rid of it in the future.
They may not cost as much as the genuine thing, but for Japanes guitars at that time, these were brilliant!!!

: : If its pale yellow its probably a telecaster bass copy circia 1970 approw £70 new I had one and now regret selling it about 10 years,Ian

: I had a Shaftesbury Telecaster Copy, purchased in 1972.
: The Shaftesbury label of guitar was put out by Rose Morris Music of Shaftesbury Avenue in London.
: These guitars also included the Ned Callen label of bass guitars.
: They were Japenese copies and were made to exacting standards and were top instruments that did not cost the world to purchase. I regretably sold my Telecaster copy in 1974 and have been trying to locate another in Australia for the last couple of years.
: Tell your husband to hang on to his bass guitar, it may not be worth much in monetary value but is worth a whole lot more in personal pleasure of ownwership. Whats he giong to do? Sell it and then buy a Fender. Stay with the Vintage guitar he already has.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.