Re: Shaftesbury Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Richard Lowis on Wed, 08/27/03 - 08:33:43.

: I have just purchased a Shaftesbury Guitar and would like some Info on same.. It has A "Rose Morris Sponsored Instrument" plaque with serial No..71507 and stock No..3400...
: On the body on another plate is the serial No..0154228.
: The Guitar was originally sold by"Carlsbro Sound Centre LTD"
: It looks like a "Les Paul" copy..
: Can someone help ID this instrument
: Thanks in advance,
: Roger in Australia...

Roger Carlsboro Sound I think was a large music Instrument and Amp centre in Mansfield, Notts UK, they did go on to produce excellent amplification equipment. Rose Morris were
Instrument daelers and importers.

Had a shaftsbury myself, 12 stringy copy of a ricki, well I had two actually and desperately seeking to buy on again. Shaftesbury, I think, made pretty good reliable copies. Hope your is OK

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Shaftesbury Guitar

: : I have just purchased a Shaftesbury Guitar and would like some Info on same.. It has A "Rose Morris Sponsored Instrument" plaque with serial No..71507 and stock No..3400...
: : On the body on another plate is the serial No..0154228.
: : The Guitar was originally sold by"Carlsbro Sound Centre LTD"
: : It looks like a "Les Paul" copy..
: : Can someone help ID this instrument
: : Thanks in advance,
: : Roger in Australia...

: Roger Carlsboro Sound I think was a large music Instrument and Amp centre in Mansfield, Notts UK, they did go on to produce excellent amplification equipment. Rose Morris were
: Instrument daelers and importers.

: Had a shaftsbury myself, 12 stringy copy of a ricki, well I had two actually and desperately seeking to buy on again. Shaftesbury, I think, made pretty good reliable copies. Hope your is OK

Hi, i have a Shaftsbury with the same stock no and sponsorship. Mine is a "Les Paul custom" copy, so it seems probable that yours is too.
Shaftsbury guitars were made in Japan as copies of Fender's or Gibsons-and are very good quality (near to or better than the quality of the real things)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.