Re: Shaftesbury Guitar

Posted by Mark O'Connor on Fri, 06/04/04 - 07:05:58.

: : I have just purchased a Shaftesbury Guitar and would like some Info on same.. It has A "Rose Morris Sponsored Instrument" plaque with serial No..71507 and stock No..3400...
: : On the body on another plate is the serial No..0154228.
: : The Guitar was originally sold by"Carlsbro Sound Centre LTD"
: : It looks like a "Les Paul" copy..
: : Can someone help ID this instrument
: : Thanks in advance,
: : Roger in Australia...

The Shaftesbury was the first Japanese Les Paul copy. I have heard it said that the Japanese bought the parts from Gibson and assembled the rebadged guitar in Japan. So what you might have is a 1968 Gibson Les Paul. Imagine if you had Gibson on the head how much it would be worth. I have played one and would not be surprised if this was true.
M

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Sunburst Shaftesbury Semi-Acoustic

Hi,
I own yellow-red-black sunburst - 6 string close to model 3261 (I have a sales sheet for from UK for that). There is some different parts in my guitar: bridge and trapeze tailpiece not the same. My father bought it from the second hand store in the town Kuopio, Finland around year 1975-76. Still works fine but fretboard is very narrow.

Re: Shaftesbury Guitar

: : : I have just purchased a Shaftesbury Guitar and would like some Info on same.. It has A "Rose Morris Sponsored Instrument" plaque with serial No..71507 and stock No..3400...
: : : On the body on another plate is the serial No..0154228.
: : : The Guitar was originally sold by"Carlsbro Sound Centre LTD"
: : : It looks like a "Les Paul" copy..
: : : Can someone help ID this instrument
: : : Thanks in advance,
: : : Roger in Australia...

: The Shaftesbury was the first Japanese Les Paul copy. I have heard it said that the Japanese bought the parts from Gibson and assembled the rebadged guitar in Japan. So what you might have is a 1968 Gibson Les Paul. Imagine if you had Gibson on the head how much it would be worth. I have played one and would not be surprised if this was true.
: M

I HAVE THIS GUITAR WOULD YOU BUY GUITAR kitaro.a_@hotmail.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.