Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy

Advertisement
Posted by Steven Trafford on Fri, 10/31/03 - 05:55:30.

Just been looking in a second hand shop at a sunburst Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy. The yera was unknown but I'm guessing it was 70's. It needs a hell of a lot of work but I'm tempted to buy it.. can anyone tell me anything about these guitars?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

RICKENBACKER ROGUE COPY for sale !!!

I sell this Rick Copy :
http://www.guitarsmadeinjapan.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1300
my name is Juan, i live in France.

Re: Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy

tokia,shaftesbury,encore,eko,ibanez,jhonson,aria are the makes that had a lawsuit and the guitars can only be bought 2nd hand but are great guitars iv got an encore aria and shaftesbury copys and they are very go most made in the 60's

looking for ric copies...mail the pics to squaredude11@hotmail.com...thx

: looking for ric copies...mail the pics to squaredude11@hotmail.com...thx

I have a very nice copy. research tells me it is a 1976 univox. It is fireglo.

Virtually identical except one truss rod instead of two and second output says stereo sound instead of rick o sound. Haven't got pics yet

Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy FOR SALE

Hi all, I currently have a Shaftesbury for sale.
Shes a bit worse for wear... with a few knocks here and there, a crack in the headstock and the pickups are damaged (casing). However this one is a twelve string... it needs some love.
This would be a great opportunity to work on something as a project to get it up to its potential... I just dont have the time.

Contact me if you interested in making me an offer and more info.

Thanks

-Matt

Re: Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy FOR SALE

Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy FOR SALE

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy FOR SALE

ASCO Rickenbacker copy

I can't tell anything about Shaftsbury but I'm looking for all possible info about an ASCO Rickenbacker 4001 copy:who,where,when...thanks !
ivan alias lordbizarre
"lordbizarre's electric guitar and amp museum"
Rock!electric guitar and amplifier repair
leuven,belgium,europe
lordbizarre@pandora.be

Re: ASCO Rickenbacker copy

i have an asco guitar and i am chearching for some info on the mark asco can yousend it tho me nicoordie@hotmail.com

: Just been looking in a second hand shop at a sunburst Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy. The yera was unknown but I'm guessing it was 70's. It needs a hell of a lot of work but I'm tempted to buy it.. can anyone tell me anything about these guitars?

Entry did not contain email address HA! -- richardlowis.louth@virgin.net

Ive got the same beast and I have had it from new.
Its still plays well though the actions got high now, they go for about £300 in really good nick.
Nice sound, stereo pickups though not much seperation.

Good old machine, bit like a diesel transit.

Good luck.

: : Just been looking in a second hand shop at a sunburst Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy. The yera was unknown but I'm guessing it was 70's. It needs a hell of a lot of work but I'm tempted to buy it.. can anyone tell me anything about these guitars?

: Entry did not contain email address HA! -- richardlowis.louth@virgin.net

yer i just bought one and they we'er banned from being made by rickenbacker and are fron 60's

I've got a shaftesbury 4001 copy and its beautiful sounds massive and just right, its a 1970 model and is mint as.

Re: Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy - info

Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy - info

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy - info

: Just been looking in a second hand shop at a sunburst Shaftesbury Rickenbacker copy. The yera was unknown but I'm guessing it was 70's. It needs a hell of a lot of work but I'm tempted to buy it.. can anyone tell me anything about these guitars?

Hi Steve,

Is it A 12 STRING, if you don't want it I would be interested to buy it, I did used to own a 12 string version, matter of fact I had two, and wish I had not sold either. The 12 string was OK to play, perhaps not to
todays standard, but it used to sound like a piano, realy loved it. Have used a shergold 12 string, and evemn a yamaha pacifica 12, but not enjoyed any like the sound of the shaftesbury.
#
If you reply please use indicated email address, this is the work one.

Best Wishes
Richard Lowis.

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.