Re: alvarez model 5051
I'm looking at a 1971 5051, at what seems to be a good price. However, it is not signed. Does that make a big difference?
: Francesca: The Alvarez 5051 could be valuable. If it is Alvarez made by Yairi and it is signed by him around !972-75, the guitar is probably in the $1,000 or close to it. If it has some imperfections, it could go less,let's say $800. If it needs full restoration, it can go as low as $400. But not less than that. Make sure you keep the label intact if you do restoration. Those were the first ones made my Kazuo Yairi himself without the help of apprentices. Good luck
: : Francesca,
: : I bought one of these for my brother's birthday in 1982.He still plays it.Not much info on these guitars,even on the Alvarez website.At least 4 other persons/owners on that site's vintage message board are also wondering about this particular guitar.I would hold onto this axe if I were you,I saw Paul McCartney playing one on a televised Prince's Trust concert in the mid 1980s.He probably still owns it.You never know ,it might one day be worth quite a bit more than it originally cost.
- Re: alvarez model 5051
- Model 5051 60th Anniversary SLM Alvarez
- Re: Yairi B & M Concert AD 1975
- NEW Yahoo group for Alvarez, AY, K. Yairi and S. Yairi's!
- Alvarez mod. 5060 by Kazuo Yairi
- Re: Alvarez Yairi Model 5067
- Re: OLD K. YAIRI ALVAREZ DY 45
- Re: Alvarez-Yairi DY58
- Re: New K. Yairi, Alvarez-Yairi Discussion Group....
- Alvarez-Yairi- K. Yairi Discussion Group