Suzuki guitar

Posted by Kathie T on Fri, 05/16/03 - 20:53:55.

I was given a Suzuki acoustic guitar. A paper label inside says the Suzuki Violin Company No 9.
I was wondering the value and if it should be insured. Thank you

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Suzuki guitar

I also have one of these, #7 on the inside.
My dad got it when he was a kid. I know nothing about it though

: I also have one of these, #7 on the inside.
: My dad got it when he was a kid. I know nothing about it though
i also have one of these marked #6 on the inside this little guitar
has a solid top with ladder bracing is great for that authentic old delta blues tone i.e stella etc i'm guessing by the look of this guitar
that it was probably made circa 50's or 60's it has no truss rod so i
would only recommend using very light guage strings dr thomastiks 11-50's are superb and i only paid 12 bucks in aussie
dollars at a flea market what a bargain . maybe someone else out
there has the other missing numbers #8 etc by the way i'm guessing that the numbers have something to do with the model size well i hope that has helped somebody out feel free to email me if you also get more info cheers gillyzoom

: : I also have one of these, #7 on the inside.
: : My dad got it when he was a kid. I know nothing about it though
: i also have one of these marked #6 on the inside this little guitar
: has a solid top with ladder bracing is great for that authentic old delta blues tone i.e stella etc i'm guessing by the look of this guitar
: that it was probably made circa 50's or 60's it has no truss rod so i
: would only recommend using very light guage strings dr thomastiks 11-50's are superb and i only paid 12 bucks in aussie
: dollars at a flea market what a bargain . maybe someone else out
: there has the other missing numbers #8 etc by the way i'm guessing that the numbers have something to do with the model size well i hope that has helped somebody out feel free to email me if you also get more info cheers gillyzoom

: i have one of these suzuki guitars #6 also it has a 6 digit serial # on the inside upwards to the neck has anyone found out what these guitars are worth yet or does anyone know where to find relevent info on them please contact me at hawk.i@sasktel.net if you can shed some light into this little mystery thanks in advance

: hi all, I have one marked #6 haha! I'm not sure what they are worth either but am going to try my luck selling it on eBay this week :D

: : I also have one of these, #7 on the inside.
: : : My dad got it when he was a kid. I know nothing about it though
: : i also have one of these marked #6 on the inside this little guitar
: : has a solid top with ladder bracing is great for that authentic old delta blues tone i.e stella etc i'm guessing by the look of this guitar
: : that it was probably made circa 50's or 60's it has no truss rod so i
: : would only recommend using very light guage strings dr thomastiks 11-50's are superb and i only paid 12 bucks in aussie
: : dollars at a flea market what a bargain . maybe someone else out
: : there has the other missing numbers #8 etc by the way i'm guessing that the numbers have something to do with the model size well i hope that has helped somebody out feel free to email me if you also get more info cheers gillyzoom

: : i have one of these suzuki guitars #6 also it has a 6 digit serial # on the inside upwards to the neck has anyone found out what these guitars are worth yet or does anyone know where to find relevent info on them please contact me at hawk.i@sasktel.net if you can shed some light into this little mystery thanks in advance

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.