Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2003

Archive for posts from January, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: gp4

download kazaa at www.kazaa.com, and i already checked for it (cause it rocks) and nobody has it yet. So wait a month or so, then download it when someone has it, and they usually have the serial # with it. Peace

by www.guitarpro1.narod.ru is the full version with crack... it is on the forum there... but it is all in russian

: where can i get this great software : gp4
: ps: i don't have the money to buy it

for one u need to download guitar pro off KAZAA for free and the www.mysongbook.com to find all the tabs in the world

Global Gibson Jumbo Copy

Does anyone have one of these? I am looking for one!
Thanks!

Re: Global Gibson Jumbo Copy

: Does anyone have one of these? I am looking for one!
: Thanks!
I am an individual, not a dealer. If you'll take REAL good care and play her often, I have one (I think) was made in the 1960s-70s. She's been treated like a baby. Has Pearl in script (as in Pearl Guitars where Gibson would normally be) inlaid on the head. The top is cedar, sides rosewood, back mahogany. Neck is rosewood, 20-brass frets, and with double trapezoid-shaped inlaid pearl markers -- just like the Jumbo from the 1930s. Also ebony dot markers inlaid on the side of the ivory neck trim. Has a light soft sunburst finish with double tortoiseshell type pick-guards. Inside is stamped: Pearl Guitars, Folk, Made by Mayashi. Imprinted inside on the neck block iz a serial number. She's in pristine condition with new .012 strings. Never left outside of case. Inside is as clean as new with no warping or loosened joints. Also has ivory pegs with inlaid pearl. A new hard-shell case and a Franklin woven cotton strap with scalloped leather ends. I bought her around 1980. A very rare model -- the only other I've heard of made by Mayashi is an old Martin copy that was selling for over five grand. This guitar frets lightly and puts out a crisp, clean, strong, deep and rich tone with no rattle. Absolutely no tinniness. Stays completely in tune. I love this guitar, but I can't play anymore because of advanced arthritis. She needs to be played. Was going to sell her about a year ago for $2500 to a pro guitarist, but wasn't ready to give up yet. I'm a retired 65 and don't particularly need the money, so I'll take $1,500 (as is) if you'll pay the shipping, and I'll throw in the new hard-shell case, extra strings, picks, pitch-pipe, and capo. She's a rare beauty and has been a good friend. I'll sure miss her.

Fender logos

Does anyone know where I can get .jpgs of Fender headstock logos?

TIA Charlie

Re: Fender logos

: Does anyone know where I can get .jpgs of Fender headstock logos?

: TIA Charlie

Hi Charlie
Sounds like your having a hell of a time findind a logo been there. Here what I did found somebody`s guitar with the same style logo you need.put the headstock in a scanner and scan it .Take this put on disk /floppy shops that do body work or make signs can put this image on a special clear plastic with the letters any colors you want .Prob find stuff for your own printer.They may look at you funny but who cares ,My logos are made this way .

Good luck Bob tremontguitars.com

al

: : Does anyone know where I can get .jpgs of Fender headstock logos?

: al
ya!
what year logo and what fender guitar?
pete

: : : Does anyone know where I can get .jpgs of Fender headstock logos?

: : al
: ya!
: what year logo and what fender guitar?
: pete

any kind

: TIA Charlie

YES I HAVE SOME.

I have a 66 telecaster. the headstock logo is almost gone. would like to replace with a GENUINE replacement. Can anyone help?

1976 Alvarez DY74 Yairi: Should I buy it?

Should I buy it?

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1976 Alvarez DY74 Yairi: Should I buy it?

Gary Moore's Amp Setting

Gary Moore's Amp Setting

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gary Moore's Amp Setting

Amp Question-marshall settings

help-i have a marshall VS100 and someone screwed with all my nobs..
i had a decent sound before..
Is there anywhere on the web that posts settings for like a good metal tone?
I play a lot of death metal..
any help would rul!
tx
u can email me at darkfuneralmetal@yahoo.com

Portable Idea

Just wondering what people would think of a portable device for guitar(ac/elec) & bass that would record your own stuff, store mp3's for play a long, have a tuner and a metronome? it's for a project and I'm just lookin for some thoughts.

Thanx

Re: Portable Idea

There already are alot of portable recording/mixing/effect boxes around, some have a CD burner too, so while it's great you want to make your own, and it will make a cool project to do (and you'll learn alot), but if cost is an issue it will defintely be cheaper to buy one. Good luck!

: Just wondering what people would think of a portable device for guitar(ac/elec) & bass that would record your own stuff, store mp3's for play a long, have a tuner and a metronome? it's for a project and I'm just lookin for some thoughts.

: Thanx

Vintage 70's Fender Stratocaster Guitar for Sale

I was told that this is a Genuine fender guitar body that was made sometime in the 70's, by a nearby guitar shop. I duno for sure, but that's what I'm told. I'm not much a fender lover, but a les paul lover. This was my dad's, which he got it in 1979. My dad got it, because he wanted to learn to play guitar, but he never did. It was totaly customized, it's jet black with a Mirror pick guard. The shop said that they were not the orginal pick-ups in it. The guitar is complete, it has everything,

Floyd Rose Tremelo Bridge (with fine tuning nobs for adjustment.)
Pickups H/S/S,
5 way selector switch,
Two Tone,
One Volume,
Strap Screws

I belive the jack and pickup selector might need to be replaced, since it's over 33 years old.

Overall The body is in perfect cosmetic condition. However there are a few Minor scuffs on the back, but not throught the finish. They should just buff out with out problems. The Shop also told me that the body was made for a H/S/H pick-up setup. But it must have gotten changed when it was customized. All that is needed is a Fender Stratocaster neck to bring this beast back to life. I don't know the condition of the electronics since I've never pluged it in. The shop said this was worth pretty big bucks. But my loss is your gain. Trades might be welcomed, anything gibson new or old, or copys.

It has been sitting in storage since I found it.
Send e-mails with offers/trades.

amplifiers

okay, I have a choise between a peavey bandit 112 and a fender pro reverb twin
now the Peavy costs 418 euros and is brand new, the fender on the other hand costs 350 euros, is second handed and the case looks a bit bruised and it doesn't come with any pedals
Im not sure fender is good to play metal?
eveywhere I heard people tell me the bandit 112 is an animal when it comes to distortion
what do you people think?

Mexican Stratocaster Serial Numbers

Mexican Stratocaster Serial Numbers

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mexican Stratocaster Serial Numbers

manual boss me-6

manual boss me-6

This popular thread has been given its own page : manual boss me-6

Les Paul Electric - Pre-'82

What's the going price on a Hohner Les Paul Electric guitar, pre-'82; mother of pearl inlays, four diamonds. Gold plated hardware w/ mahogany body.

Anybody know?

Aaron

REALLY CRUNCHY AMP FOR SALE!!!

I am selling a randall head. This amp is really heavy sounding. It is a 1997 so it is fairly new. It is great for the modern styles of metal. I will start at 300$ but i can go lower. please e-mail me at washburn417@cs.com for more info. please subject the line Randall amp.

Re: REALLY CRUNCHY AMP FOR SALE!!!

How many amps does it push? I'll give ya $100 for it if you just want to let it go. Let me know!

innotation!?!?!?! HELP!!

I just bought a new guitar and when I play an open e chord, I can hear that the e-string goes out of tune. the harder I strum the string, the more out of tune it sounds, but its still in tune. Is it a bridge problem, or could it be the nut, or just crappy light strings...??? please help!!!

replace the string

I dont know wether you bought your guitar new or not, but the string could be old or rusty or something.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom For Sale !!!

I have a Les Paul Custom that is Black that i have had for two years and i am interested in selling or trading for a EVH guitar if interested email me at 6464723@msn.com or you can catch me on aol instant messanger sn Ktreece777 thanks

Re: Epiphone Les Paul Custom For Sale !!!

BUMP

I just realised i didnt have a price on there and it comes with a hard case for 550 Shipped OBO

You would probally do better listing on ebay, not here

: I just realised i didnt have a price on there and it comes with a hard case for 550 Shipped OBO

how much do you want for it??

GUITAR VALUE

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN TELL ME THE APPROX. VALUE OF A BC RICH WARLOCK NJ SERIES WITH A FLOYD ROSE LOCKING SYSTEM THANKS

Re: GUITAR VALUE

$150 used, depends on condition, check the blue book or eBay to see what they are really going for.

: IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN TELL ME THE APPROX. VALUE OF A BC RICH WARLOCK NJ SERIES WITH A FLOYD ROSE LOCKING SYSTEM THANKS

Hi I have a 1969 Raven (Gibson E.S. copy) Ihave had from new. what is the value,(mint condition). Also I
have a Epiphone Les Paul custom plus (also mint cond.)
what is the value.
thank you.

Epiphone Dating

how do i get a list of EPIPHONE SEIAL NO.

Re: Epiphone Dating

: how do i get a list of EPIPHONE SEIAL NO.IM TRYING TO DATE A GUITAR S#S9324748 THANKS

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN TELL ME THE APPROX. VALUE OF A Fender Stratocaster Squier II THANKS

anyone tell me the value of this guitar its a kramer serial #b782 anyone have any info i would appreciate it

: Can anyone tell me the value of a 1967 Melody Maker guitar in brand new condition? Thanks.

I have a Gibson J50 -

How do I determine its value - for trade or sale.
I can not find a serial number. I bought it in 1970 - and it was old then :-)

Dimes pick ups

So besides the Dime buckers what does Dime use in his washburnes?

Re: Dimes pick ups

He doesn't actually use Dimebuckers. Those are a cheep copy. He really uses Bill Lawarence pickups, XL500's I believe. I have a Dimebucker and I find it to lack the umph of it's namesake. I'm dissapointed that Dime would even put his name on it.

tanglewood tomkat

bought this guitar the other day, the bridge is a cross between a floyd rose,a fender and a tun-o-matic...BUT...im confused as to how to set it up :( any info would be most greatfull!!!
Matt

ovation

i have a ovation celebrity model#hcc-024.is it possible to find the price and year it was manufactured?i would appreciate any or all info.thanks
dale burkett

advice

there's this electric guitar i wanna buy. i think it's a washburn, or winchester, i'm not sure. i'll check. anyways it comes with a little amp,chord,strings,and a strap. it's gonna run me $260 bucks. should i get it?Help me decide this before i go spend my money like a dumbass.

Re: advice

You get what you pay for. I'd save the money and when I get enough buy something a little more high end. You'll be glad you did.

Strat plus Vs Standard

What do you guys prefer and what is a better guitar,?
The deluxe plus or the standard, I know the plus has all the nice gear but what about sound?

guitar cab run in stereo?

how can i tell if my cabinet can run in stereo? i have an old-style peavey (all black with silver writing) 412ms enclosure that has two inputs. i emailed peavey support with no response... if you can help, let me know.
thanks.
devender

Re: guitar cab run in stereo?

your two plugs could actually be in and stack out. My randall is stereo and has three plugs. two inputs and a stack out. knowing peavey it is input and stack out. you can try it but i don't think it is made for stereo.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.