Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: download kal ho na ho songs

HELLO HEY HOW ARE YOU IAM MOIZ WHATS YOURNAME

notes or guitar tab for a song "Koppangen",

notes or guitar tab for a song  "Koppangen",

This popular thread has been given its own page : notes or guitar tab for a song "Koppangen",

Topgun Theme Tab?

Hi all..

Recently heard the Harold Faltermeyer/Steve Stevens Topgun Theme after many years... downloaded a midi backing track 4 it and i can bluff my way through... but i'm a perfectionist dammit and i am looking for the Tab (if there's any out there) So if u know of a site or where i could get my hands on it please let me know...
Thankyou
TC

Re: Topgun Theme Tab?

Try this link

http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/l/loggins_kenny/danger_zone-tab.shtml

: Try this link

: http://www.fretplay.com/tabs/l/loggins_kenny/danger_zone-tab.shtml

Thanks for your reply Sly but that's the Danger Zone.. I was after the main Theme song, performed by Steve Stevens and Harold Faltermeyer..

-*-*DOES ANYONE KNOW A PLACE TO GET DRUM TABS FOR THE SONG DANGER ZONE!? IF THEY DO PLEASE EMAIL ME STRAIGHT AWAY! THANK YOU!*-*-

SCaNNED TABs STAM.WEBHOP.NET

free scanned guitar tabs at stam.webhop.net

for guitar,bass,keyboards and drums. come join in and share your tabs!

Wiring an archtop pickup

Just got a Lawrence pickup (the kind that has two prongs that mount to the edges of the floating fingerboard) and want to mount it on one of my archtops and put in a volume control pot. Got a mini pot from StewMac, and it has 3 pins on it... seems as though which one of the outside two you use determines whether it's a right- or left-hand pot.
I connect the pickup (which only has two wires coming out of it) to the pot, and get a dreadful hum... at full volume, there is no hum, but the lower I turn the volume, the more the hum increases. With the volume off, the hum is very loud.
I also want to put a 1/4" jack into this equation, but need to solve the hum problem first.
I'm primarily an acoustic player (35+ yrs.), and can re-wire a house, but don't know diddly about guitar electronics.
All assistance appreciated! Thanks DK

Re: Wiring an archtop pickup

: Just got a Lawrence pickup (the kind that has two prongs that mount to the edges of the floating fingerboard) and want to mount it on one of my archtops and put in a volume control pot. Got a mini pot from StewMac, and it has 3 pins on it... seems as though which one of the outside two you use determines whether it's a right- or left-hand pot.
: I connect the pickup (which only has two wires coming out of it) to the pot, and get a dreadful hum... at full volume, there is no hum, but the lower I turn the volume, the more the hum increases. With the volume off, the hum is very loud.
: I also want to put a 1/4" jack into this equation, but need to solve the hum problem first.
: I'm primarily an acoustic player (35+ yrs.), and can re-wire a house, but don't know diddly about guitar electronics.
: All assistance appreciated! Thanks DK

well DK you can have several problems, are the wires sheilded? on your vol pot you should have the hot lead from the pickup into the first prong output to the jack off the second prong and the third prong grounded back to the pot body on the bottom. pick up Donald Brosnac's book Guitar electronics for musicians
or other books for more info it can get real deep. hope this helps bill

: : Just got a Lawrence pickup (the kind that has two prongs that mount to the edges of the floating fingerboard) and want to mount it on one of my archtops and put in a volume control pot. Got a mini pot from StewMac, and it has 3 pins on it... seems as though which one of the outside two you use determines whether it's a right- or left-hand pot.
: : I connect the pickup (which only has two wires coming out of it) to the pot, and get a dreadful hum... at full volume, there is no hum, but the lower I turn the volume, the more the hum increases. With the volume off, the hum is very loud.
: : I also want to put a 1/4" jack into this equation, but need to solve the hum problem first.
: : I'm primarily an acoustic player (35+ yrs.), and can re-wire a house, but don't know diddly about guitar electronics.
: : All assistance appreciated! Thanks DK

: well DK you can have several problems, are the wires sheilded? on your vol pot you should have the hot lead from the pickup into the first prong output to the jack off the second prong and the third prong grounded back to the pot body on the bottom. pick up Donald Brosnac's book Guitar electronics for musicians
: or other books for more info it can get real deep. hope this helps bill

Thanks, Bill, I've found that book available, put don't feel like popping for the amt. they want for a one-time deal -- will try to find it at the library and keep searching the web! Haven't tried your suggestions yet, but will get to it soon! Thanks again dk

: : Just got a Lawrence pickup (the kind that has two prongs that mount to the edges of the floating fingerboard) and want to mount it on one of my archtops and put in a volume control pot. Got a mini pot from StewMac, and it has 3 pins on it... seems as though which one of the outside two you use determines whether it's a right- or left-ha<a href='http://www.geocities.com/konchimoto'>n</a>d pot. : : I connect the pickup (which only has two wires coming out of it) to the pot, and get a dreadful hum... at full volume, there is no hum, but the lower I turn the volume, the more the hum increases. With the volume off, the hum is very loud. : : I also want to put a 1/4" jack into this equation, but need to solve the hum problem first. : : I'm primarily an acoustic player (35+ yrs.), and can re-wire a house, but don't know diddly about guitar electronics. : : All assistance appreciated! Thanks DK : well DK you can have several problems, are the wires sheilded? on your vol pot you should have the hot lead from the pickup into the first prong output to the jack off the second prong and the third prong grounded back to the pot body on the bottom. pick up Donald Brosnac's book Guitar electronics for musicians : or other books for more info it can get real deep. hope this helps bill

request

sir
i want free download of kal ho na ho songs

Carlo Robelli Guitars- Reviews, anyone?

Carlo Robelli Guitars- Reviews, anyone?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Carlo Robelli Guitars- Reviews, anyone?

looking for someone to buy my guitar!

: : i am looking for some one to buy my guitar for a excellent price between $200-$300. It's a 6 string acoustic guitar in perfect condition, never really been used since i don't know how to play it and never really get the time to learn.It comes with a case ( not wood) and battery operated tuner and a booklet guide to learning the guitar.If intrested please email me at
RICHARDALFRED@AOL.COM

lead guitarist looking for band members in Canada

I'm looking to start a rock band. If you're interested, email me @ Fu_cking_Rock_on@hotmail.com
Make sure to tell me what instrument you play. Don't have to be too experienced.

Re: lead guitarist looking for band members in Canada

Well, what the hell, I don't play anything but I love to write and sing. I want to be heard!

name brand?

I have a Syairi guitar that was my moms. She got it about 20 years ago, probably new. I've never heard of the brand, but i was wondering is it nice?, worth having?, general stuff...anybody know?

Volume Pedals

What exactly does a volume pedal do? Am I correct in thinking that it is used as a booster? Like when you bust into a really heavy part of a song? Should it go at the end of my chain of pedals? Any and all info is welcome and appreciated!

Re: Volume Pedals

No it goes first typically in the chain and just controlls the volume from nothing up too full volume at full its the same as it would be with no pedal ... sorry no boost

old giannini craviola for sale

original owner, 1972 or 1973, original case, rich, resonant sound, very good condition.

Re: old giannini craviola for sale

Is the bridge lifting or ever been repaired? 12 or 6-string? Steel or nylon? Thanks.

Re: old giannini craviola for sale

I am contemplating the purchase of a Giannini bartione Ukulele but cannot find anything about the company. Do you have a site where I might gather come information about the quality of that company's products? The Giannini I am talking about comes from Brazil. Thanks,: Is the bridge lifting or ever been repaired? 12 or 6-string? Steel or nylon? Thanks.

HOW MUCH IS MY GUITAR WOURTH ???? HELP

hello i have a fender stratocaster i think made in the erly 90's it says its made in mexico squier series serial # is MN541180 if u could tell me when it was made how much its worth i would be much abliged thanx a lot and keep rockin if u need a pic email me and i will send u one

Re: HOW MUCH IS MY GUITAR WOURTH ???? HELP

: hello i have a fender stratocaster i think made in the erly 90's it says its made in mexico squier series serial # is MN541180 if u could tell me when it was made how much its worth i would be much abliged thanx a lot and keep rockin if u need a pic email me and i will send u one ...........hey i just got a fender stratocaster its not a squir it was 100 more than a squire i payed 330 for the strat umm it really depends on the condition its in so send me a pic and ill let you know

guitar value

I have a Epiphone Bass hollow body long neck guitar model EA260 with a serial number of 527811. It was purchased by my father in 1972 for my 12th birthday, but not sure of the manufacturing date. I am looking for an approximate value. Any help out there?

Thanks,
Robert

Re: guitar value

: I have a Epiphone Bass hollow body long neck guitar model EA260 with a serial number of 527811. It was purchased by my father in 1972 for my 12th birthday, but not sure of the manufacturing date. I am looking for an approximate value. Any help out there?

: Thanks,
: Robert

not definitely sure on the value front, but i too have a cherry red EA260 bass, ive just had it in a guitar shop to be restrung and the pickups rewired, the old guy behind the counter said it could be worth £700+ UKP being a 1970 kalamazoo model, but im not sure if this is true of course

Re: guitar value

I too have an epiphone EA-260 Bass I just got it used and I got mine for $125.00 I ove it though it plays great. And thanks for telling me the the year you bout it because I was wondering what year it was made.

how to identify floyd rose tremolos

how do you can you tell if a Floyd Rose tremolo is a real Floyd Rose and not a cheap look alike with a license from Rose

Re: how to identify floyd rose tremolos

They say origonal flory rose on them!

: how do you can you tell if a Floyd Rose tremolo is a real Floyd Rose and not a cheap look alike with a license from Rose

'85 Les Paul XPL

I just bought a Les Paul XPL on ebay- it is a 1985 model, double cut away, with an explorer neck and headstock. Anyone out there know anything about these models?

buying an acustic

ok i want to learn how to play and there is a fwe questions i want to ask, i already know that i want an acusic so the next question is should i get one with steal strings or nilon strings, and what kind(brand) should i be looking for. im if there is some that is acustic but i can plug it into an amp that would be good too but about how much do u think i should be spending on my first gutair?

westone thunder 2A

is there anybody who nows from wich building year this type of guitar is and how much i can pay for it

Re: westone thunder 2A

i have the same guitar(westone thunder 2A) and i would like to sell but i dont know how much i can sell it for plz help me

Still Single find out more singles just like you

Still single ?? Visit <h1><a href="http://www.singles-bar.com">Singles-bar.com</a></h1> and find out more singles just like you

korg a5

y search schematic diagram to korg a5 .
my have probles .
tank you

check this guitar out! dude!!!

yoyoyoyoyo you all suck. like you
and you
and you
yes, don;t forget you.
and you
bye

Re: check this guitar out! dude!!!

o ya and dont forget u suck after all u dont kno any thing kuz i bet u never seen a fender like mine bitch

hey adam motherfucker

: o ya and dont forget u suck after all u dont kno any thing kuz i bet u never seen a fender like mine bitch

shove yo fender up yo ass faggot

Re: hey adam motherfucker

boring

: : o ya and dont forget u suck after all u dont kno any thing kuz i bet u never seen a fender like mine bitch

: shove yo fender up yo ass faggot

Know more about my Vantage?

Vantage ... anybody know any more?
I have a Vantage acoustic, solid top, model number is VW - 15 S by Dynamic Music.

www,jazzguitar.tk

Visit http://www.jazzguitar.tk for licks, lessons & links.

Kind regards, Dirk.

Re: www.jazzguitar.be

jazzguitar.tk is now http://www.jazzguitar.be

can anyone help me?

i have an old kent solid body electric guitar.body is strat style neck is lp style. it has 2 sigle coil pickups. and an old stle tremolo system. this guitar is in fair to good condition, regular play wear.i cant seem to find any information about this guitar, it has no numbers on it that i can find and it is at least 16 yrs old cuz thats when i purchased it. please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: can anyone help me?

: i have an old kent solid body electric guitar.body is strat style neck is lp style. it has 2 sigle coil pickups. and an old stle tremolo system. this guitar is in fair to good condition, regular play wear.i cant seem to find any information about this guitar, it has no numbers on it that i can find and it is at least 16 yrs old cuz thats when i purchased it. please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's a solid body, with two single coils, it's basically a knockoff tele, so it should have an ash body,25.5 inch scale and a 9.5 inch fingerboard radius. Yours might not though though

Re: can anyone help me?

: : i have an old kent solid body electric guitar.body is strat style neck is lp style. it has 2 sigle coil pickups. and an old stle tremolo system. this guitar is in fair to good condition, regular play wear.i cant seem to find any information about this guitar, it has no numbers on it that i can find and it is at least 16 yrs old cuz thats when i purchased it. please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: If it's a solid body, with two single coils, it's basically a knockoff tele, so it should have an ash body,25.5 inch scale and a 9.5 inch fingerboard radius. I'm not sure about the tremolo though

footswitch dilemma

im looking for a footswitch for a peavey Vss20 vertical stereo stack. anyone that has one please email me thanks. and please dont anyone tell me to go to peavey website them jackasses have been emailed to many times regardind this and they just havent returned my emils w any information. thanks.

footswitch dilemma

im looking for a footswitch for a peavey Vss20 vertical stereo stack. anyone that has one please email me thanks. and please dont anyone tell me to go to peavey website them jackasses have been emailed to many times regardind this and they just havent returned my emils w any information. thanks.

MXR analog delay pedal question

I have an old MXR analog delay pedal I was thinking of selling. I don't know much about these, but I was looking on EBAY & all the ones for sale there have 1 input & 2 outputs. Mine only has 1 input & 1 output, I have searched all over the internet for info on this difference but can't find anythiing about it. Was wondering if anyone here has any info on why mine is different from most I see?

Re: MXR analog delay pedal question

The one's you are seeing with two outputs are most likely stereo outputs.Yours is just a mono unit one in one out.The stereo units plug in to either two amps or another chain of effects giving more versatility and a stereo sound.If you are still interested in seling this e-mail me with a price I might be iterested.

Need help on bass pots...

i have an old fender pbass and i need to replace both of the pots on it. somebody told me that guitar pots and bass pots are the same, the 250ks and the 500ks. does a certain one work for tone, and one work for volume? could you please help me out here?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.