Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Elvis Presley Epiphone Guitar

hi
we are a music shop in france and we have some epi elvis for sale...
if you are still interrested, contact us.
thanks

Re: Elvis Presley Epiphone Guitar

TEXAS company has Epiphone Elvis Black Guitar in pristeen condition......Contact us if interested.
Jay littledutchman@crcom.net

Marting R-18

I have a beautiful, no cracks, Martin D-18 #52790 1932 manufacture. Any idea what it is worth?

Re: Marting R-18

: I have a beautiful, no cracks, Martin R-18 #52790 1932 manufacture. Any idea what it is worth? Posted earlier as a D-18...This is an R-18

Re: Marting R-18

Have no idea what it's worth -- Love Martins, What would you take for it?

hand-made - jazz guitars

if someone needs a very very good jazz-guitar completely hand-made . spanish luthier -- best woods- maple -ebony -etc
visit .... guitarrasjaen.com .....you wont be dissapointed but you should "taste" one. text in spanish . 5 guitars in stock
enjoy

Fender Classic fc 10 3/4

I have a Fender Classic fc 10 3/4 guitar in beautiful shape. I have no use for it and wish to sell it at fair market value. Can anynoe give me an idea what it is worth? Thanks

scale lengths

How is the scale length of a guitar determined and how do you work out the fret spacing from it

Re: scale lengths

: How is the scale length of a guitar determined and how do you work out the fret spacing from it

"A guitar's scale length is the distance between the bone nut or zero fret and the bridge's saddle. This measurement not only determines the placement of the frets for proper intonation, but has a profound effect on string tension, tone, and in some cases, tuning stability. -The Twelfth Fret Inc. "

yamaki custom guitar

I have a Yamaki Custom guitar that has a sticker on the inside of the body that says The Mediterranean Guitar. I think the serial # says ZN13 but not sure. It also has a metal plate covering the rod on the neck that says Yamaki Reinforced Neck. I bought it used from a pond shop and have no idea as to the history or value of the guitar. It just sounds real sweet. Any information out there?

pick noise

how do I get rid of pick noise

Re: pick noise

Don't use a pick

Zoom 2020 Advanced guitar Effects processor

Does anjyone know a good site to download a user manual for my Zoom 2020 guitar effects processor

Re: Zoom 2020 Advanced guitar Effects processor

Does anyone know a good site to download a user manual for my Zoom 2020 guitar effects processor

: Does anyone know a good site to download a user manual for my Zoom 2020 guitar effects processor

http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_Manual/E_2020.pdf

six digit serial number for my jackson/charvel

I've been searching all night for a sight where I can find out some history behind my guitar. I don't even know the year it was made. If anyone can let me know if there is a page I can go to that would be cool. The serial # is 277873. ?????????? Thanks, Donna

Re: six digit serial number for my jackson/charvel

: I've been searching all night for a sight where I can find out some history behind my guitar. I don't even know the year it was made. If anyone can let me know if there is a page I can go to that would be cool. The serial # is 296774. ?????????? Thanks, Donna

resophonic conrad guitar w/catalogue.

ihave had since the early 70s a conrad resophonic model 40231. also a1974 david wexler co. catalogue listing in color all conrad guitars being made at that time including the price list. this cat. also includes banjos. mandolines, ukes, acoustic and electric guitars

Re: resophonic conrad guitar w/catalogue.

ARE THE CONCORD GUITARS A GOOD GUITAR?

Grammer flattop

am wanting to talk with anyone about grammer acoustics . i have #35 birdseye back and sides. there is no A stamped below the logo. the logo reads THE GRAMMER GUITAR i have had it since the mid 70s,got it in a trade. excellant condition.

Re: Grammer flattop

Dan email me for more information on this Grammer ( I am a collector of Grammers)

Grammer flattop

am wanting to talk with anyone about grammer acoustics . i have #35 birdseye back and sides. there is no A stamped below the logo. the logo reads THE GRAMMER GUITAR i have had it since the mid 70s,got it in a trade. excellant condition.

Hi - I have a G20 maple, which I bought new in the seventies. I imported it here to Scotland. Serial number 7699.

GEORGE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL FILL YOU IN ON GRAMMER GUITARS..I LIVE ABOUT 6 MILES FROM BILLY AND PLAY MUSIC WITH HIM ALL THE TIME..DONT MEAN TO BRAG, BUT I AM KINDA THE GRAMMER MAN IN SOUTHERN ILL BESIDES BILLY..SERIOUSLY, I CAN HELP YOU...BILL

: GEORGE, PLEASE EMAIL ME AND I WILL FILL YOU IN ON GRAMMER GUITARS..I LIVE ABOUT 6 MILES FROM BILLY AND PLAY MUSIC WITH HIM ALL THE TIME..DONT MEAN TO BRAG, BUT I AM KINDA THE GRAMMER MAN IN SOUTHERN ILL BESIDES BILLY..SERIOUSLY, I CAN HELP YOU...BILL

I was plant manager at Grammer Guitar. Maybe I can help also

i own a grammer guitar--maple sides & back w/spruce top. it has no label--interested in finding the serial #. is there a way to do this without the label?

I'm very interested in getting myself a Grammer guitar (seems that almost every great country played one time or another), but you don't see many around Has anyone heard of a model G-58? If anybody plays one, I's sure like to get their opinion of the guitars.

: I'm very interested in getting myself a Grammer guitar (seems that almost every great country played one time or another), but you don't see many around Has anyone heard of a model G-58? If anybody plays one, I's sure like to get their opinion of the guitars.

I goofed on the last followup. Just wanted to let you know that there is G-58 up on eBay right now.

I purchased my Grammar Guitar G-10 serial # 7395 in a pawn shop in Costa Mesa Cal. 1974. I new it would be special someday. I still have it and it is in excellant condition. Over the years it has mellowed out and has a wonderful sound. If you can find one buy it. You can't go wrong. I love mine. You will love it to.

1949 airline electric guitar

I was just wondering how much this guitar would be. Please answer back wit a price

rushing guitar, no.5 , 1/2size

i have a 1/2 size could be referred to as a no.5 made by johnny rushing of seymour tn. it is a flattop. am looking for a case hope to find a hardshell.

rushing guitar, no.5 , 1/2size

i have a 1/2 size could be referred to as a no.5 made by johnny rushing of seymour tn. it is a flattop. am looking for a case hope to find a hardshell.

Charvel Acoustic Bass

I have a Charvel acoustic bass,(Surfcaster shape) i can't seem to find a serial # anywhere and can't find any info about it, e.g manufacture year etc. Can anyone help.

Re: Charvel Acoustic Bass

: I have a Charvel acoustic bass,(Surfcaster shape)with eq pickup. i can't seem to find a serial # anywhere and can't find any info about it, e.g manufacture year etc. Can anyone help.

what pickups do I have?

I have an EMG pre-wired guitar pickup system.I bought it from an person who didn't know much about it.The pickups are labeled on the back JJ and with smaller letters CE.Could anyone tell me what type system this is an a little about it.Thanks strattac

40th anniversary strat info and value 3rd posting with no responce

Need value and info on 40th anniversay american strat new condition...

Re: 40th anniversary strat info and value 3rd posting with no responce

: Need value and info on 40th anniversay american strat new condition...

I bought one new In Dallas at Guitar Center,Cost me about $650 in 1994.You can get a good estimate of todays value on ebay,you will find a lot of them there.I'm guessing the value from $550 to $700.

Fretboard conditioning and string care

What is the best product to use to condition the fretboard (rosewood)? Are products like finger ease really necessary?

Re: Fretboard conditioning and string care

For rosewood I just use naptha (lighter fluid) to clean it and lemon oil to 'condition' it... go light on lemon oil though. I've tried fingerease and other stuff like that and didn't find any particulary useful (it wears off too quick) other than for cleaning strings but I try to wipe down my strings after playing and that has what has worked the best for me.

: What is the best product to use to condition the fretboard (rosewood)? Are products like finger ease really necessary?

Re: To JC

Hi JC,

Do you know anything about conditioning a maple neck where the fretboard finish with clear coat.
I have a early 70's strat that is like that, cleaning it is no problem, but do you know if it needs any oil conditioning?

Thanks.

takamine

I have a Takamine model EN-32C
1994 model acoustic/elect. nylon string
made in japan
How can I find out value, and new price 1994

1980 Ric 4001 Bass value

I'm trying to find out the value of my 80' Ric bass.
Maple Glo finish, all original. The only flaw is that someone opened the case before the guitar could warm up and left lines in the clear coat. Not real bad but noticeable. Has it lost huge value because of this?
Bart...

free downloading of hindi songs

sir,
I want to free download hindi songs from your website.please help me with the procedures.
thanking you,
your's faithfully- ritu

Re: free downloading of hindi songs

: sir,
: I want to free download hindi songs from your website.please help me with the procedures.
: thanking you,
: your's faithfully- passion

: : sir,
: : I want to free download hindi songs from your website.please help me with the procedures.
: : thanking you,
: : your's faithfully- passion

: : : sir,
: : : I want to free download hindi songs from your website.please help me with the procedures.
: : : thanking you,
: : : your's faithfully- passion

: : : : sir,
: : : : I want to free download hindi songs from your website.please help me with the procedures.
: : : : thanking you,
: : : : your's faithfully- Jai

: sir,
: I want to free download hindi songs from your website.please help me with the procedures.
: thanking you,
: your's faithfully- ritu

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.